PDA

View Full Version : So Cassel Trade means confidence in EJ? Chris Brown is now pumping it

ghz in pittsburgh
09-23-2015, 09:11 AM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-trade-demonstrates-confidence-in-EJ-Manuel/daa22408-deef-4ff7-bb4b-ae2d4d6c32d6

We know EJ has been doing the scout team QB thing the last two weeks. Maybe the coaches see something there.

Victor7
09-23-2015, 09:16 AM
What else is Chris Brown gonna say ?

He's the official cheerleader of the team.

justasportsfan
09-23-2015, 09:21 AM
Although I am not sold on EJ just yet, I can see him improving under this coaching staff. He didn't even have a qb coach in his first year and was taught to play scared.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-23-2015, 09:22 AM
He does not have to say any thing.

Caution though: he posted a similar article after Cassel was cut, only have Cassel being brought back and re-took the backup QB position. Romo is going to be back 6 - 7 weeks, so Cassel could be available again and Bills could do the same thing one more time.

psubills62
09-23-2015, 09:24 AM
Why wouldn't it mean that? If they weren't confident in Manuel, do you think they'd trade Cassel?

Forward_Lateral
09-23-2015, 09:24 AM
I don't see any other reason they'd trade Cassel

Buffalogic
09-23-2015, 09:30 AM
Rex said it in presser.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-23-2015, 09:34 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/609854158242508800/YZ2A3xCG_bigger.jpgJoe Buscaglia ‏@JoeBuscaglia (https://twitter.com/JoeBuscaglia)<small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 50m50 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/JoeBuscaglia/status/646698745724338176)</small>
#Bills (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bills?src=hash) HC Rex Ryan: This was done more for how we look at EJ Manuel than how we looked at Matt Cassel.
7 retweets6 favorites
<button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover js-actionButton js-actionReply" data-modal="ProfileTweet-reply" type="button" style="color: rgb(204, 214, 221); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">Reply
</button>
<button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton js-actionButton js-actionRetweet" data-modal="ProfileTweet-retweet" type="button" style="color: rgb(204, 214, 221); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">Retweet
</button>
<button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton js-actionButton js-actionFavorite" type="button" style="color: rgb(204, 214, 221); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">Favorite
</button>
<button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle" type="button" aria-haspopup="true" style="color: rgb(204, 214, 221); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">More
</button>

MillsapsBillsFan
09-23-2015, 09:39 AM
Rex said it a few different times in the press conference. Its not just Chris Brown making things up

ghz in pittsburgh
09-23-2015, 09:49 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/625102092873650177/5u-TFYMR_bigger.jpgSal Capaccio ‏@SalSports (https://twitter.com/SalSports)<small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 46m46 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/SalSports/status/646700555511984128)</small>
"This wasn't about how we felt about Cassel. He did a tremendous job. I thought EJ raised his game." -- Rex

Let's hope it is the case that they saw something when EJ ran the scout team the first two weeks.

Of course a bigger conspiracy theory would be that they are making steps to prepare the scenario in case they have to replace Tyrod. I don't for a minute believe that Rex would content to go with Cassel should Tyrod flop/unable to get over what NE did to him. Like I said on this board before, this team's offensive talent besides McCoy is unreal and, to me at least, proven - Watkins, Harvin, Woods, Clay. You have to give guys who can throw the ball a chance.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-23-2015, 10:03 AM
Tyrod took 8 sacks last week. We are almost certain to see the backup at some point, so they clearly wouldn't have done this without confidence in EJ. It's not like the Cowboys offer was so good the Bills couldn't afford to pass it up.

gr8slayer
09-23-2015, 10:06 AM
Manuel has the highest ceiling of the three, and the team knows it. Taylor is nothing more than a bit QB.

Yasgur's Farm
09-23-2015, 10:12 AM
What else is Chris Brown gonna say ?

He's the official cheerleader of the team.You just got owned...

jamze132
09-23-2015, 10:36 AM
I don't know about you guys but for me, EJ looked damn good this pre-season.

Joe Fo Sho
09-23-2015, 11:08 AM

You could definitely make a case that EJ should have been the starter based on his preseason performance. Personally, I would have been fine with it even though I preferred T-twice.

HAMMER
09-23-2015, 11:37 AM

You simply can't base anything on preseason performance. No scheming by defenses, little to no blitzing, it is a completely different animal.

Victor7
09-23-2015, 12:23 PM
You just got owned...

How exactly ?

Because Rex said those things ? What else is he gonna say ? ... Well me and Roman liked MC more but Whaley is EJ's dad soooo. Yeah I don't like the trade but what am I gonna do I'm not the GM.

Is that what he needed to say for you to think I didn't get "owned" ?

Please. Chris Brown is the Bills PR machine.

WagonCircler
09-23-2015, 12:31 PM
Rex Ryan and Doug Whaley have ZERO credibility when it comes to Quarterbacks, and they were exposed yet again last Sunday.

Another year of 8-8, another year not picking a QB in the draft.

We should just change the name of the team to the Buffalo Groundhogs.

stuckincincy
09-23-2015, 01:14 PM
Tyrod took 8 sacks last week. We are almost certain to see the backup at some point, so they clearly wouldn't have done this without confidence in EJ. It's not like the Cowboys offer was so good the Bills couldn't afford to pass it up.

We need the "run first, smash-mouth football" Greek chorus to chime in here...

Yasgur's Farm
09-23-2015, 04:39 PM
Saying "what else is he gonna say" is a weak attempt to validate your stance... Period. Nobody is holding a gun to their heads.

sudzy
09-23-2015, 04:49 PM
He does not have to say any thing.

Yes he does. It's his job to say upbeat, positive things about the Bills. I really miss hearing him tell about Torell Troup's big strides and how JP is ready to take control of this offense. The guy is not exactly a good source for unbiased reporting.