PDA

View Full Version : Doug Martin or Stevie Johnson?

ELAYAS
09-27-2015, 08:03 AM
I usually give the nod to RBs as Flex due to a perceived higher floor, but started leaning towards Stevie, simce he's been putting up some points.

What you say?

Also, DSTs: Cardinals or Texans?

The Jokeman
09-29-2015, 04:14 PM
I usually give the nod to RBs as Flex due to a perceived higher floor, but started leaning towards Stevie, simce he's been putting up some points.

What you say?

Also, DSTs: Cardinals or Texans?
In terms of your Flex, tough call but I lead toward Stevie as noticed that Martin's YPC has slipped each game he's played this season and not getting 20 touches a game which to me make a RB relevant. Go with Stevie but you might want to find some more WRs since Stevie's role might start to diminish when Gates gets healthy.

Cardinals DST for sure.

JoeMama
10-03-2015, 07:36 PM
Stevie Johnson hands down.

Joe Haden will be on Keenan Allen all day.

Stevie will be free to catch everything else.

Double my stance on Stevie if you're in a PPR league.

Doug Martin hasn't run very well this year and he won't get many touches since the Bucs will probably be playing from behind against the Panthers.

Bank on it.

Also, Cards DST no question.

JoeMama
10-05-2015, 05:42 PM
Boy my apologies ELAYAS, I hope you didn't take my advice on Stevie > Doug.

This is one of those weeks where logic enters a no passing zone and the bad player has a good game in an unfavorable matchup and the good player has a bad game in a favorable matchup.

The fantasy gods are cruel.

Although I still wouldn't trust Doug Martin. All those guys who benched him this week paid for it probably, but they're going to pay for twice if they start him again next week.

The Jokeman
10-06-2015, 07:00 PM
Boy my apologies ELAYAS, I hope you didn't take my advice on Stevie > Doug.

This is one of those weeks where logic enters a no passing zone and the bad player has a good game in an unfavorable matchup and the good player has a bad game in a favorable matchup.

Although I still wouldn't trust Doug Martin. All those guys who benched him this week paid for it probably, but they're going to pay for twice if they start him again next week.

If Stevie didn't get hurt there's no telling what would have happened. Yet I was shocked to see Martin put up the numbers he did with the Bucs falling behind so early.

JoeMama
10-06-2015, 07:48 PM
If Stevie didn't get hurt there's no telling what would have happened. Yet I was shocked to see Martin put up the numbers he did with the Bucs falling behind so early.

Ditto.

Dedication to the running game in a deficit with an underachiever at RB is almost unheard of.

Like I said.

Discotrish
10-26-2015, 08:22 AM
I've been starting Doug Martin since week 3.

But that's because my #1 was Eddie Lacy. Sigh.

Patti