PDA

View Full Version : Penalties with no player announced...

OpIv37
09-27-2015, 04:47 PM
How many times has this happened to us this season?

I want to see if it's the correct call but they aren't showing replays and the offending player wasn't in the live shot.

It's getting absurd.

Crisis
09-27-2015, 04:50 PM
Mercy rule

imbondz
09-27-2015, 04:50 PM
I'm betting the NFL told refs to start doing that, as well as asking tv to not show penalty replays as much.

Mace
09-27-2015, 04:51 PM
How many times has this happened to us this season?

I want to see if it's the correct call but they aren't showing replays and the offending player wasn't in the live shot.

It's getting absurd.

Aggravates me too, but agree with Bondz. Damage control.

psubills62
09-27-2015, 04:52 PM
I'd like to have seen Miami's 2-point conversion looked at closer. I couldn't tell if he caught it and reached across, but it looked more to me like he was bobbling it and only managed to get possession after he was pushed back behind the line. Am I nuts? I haven't looked at the game thread yet to see if anyone else thought this.

But yeah, I thought for sure on the most recent Buffalo holding penalty play they were going to call holding on the Miami RT.

Crisis
09-27-2015, 04:54 PM
I'd like to have seen Miami's 2-point conversion looked at closer. I couldn't tell if he caught it and reached across, but it looked more to me like he was bobbling it and only managed to get possession after he was pushed back behind the line. Am I nuts? I haven't looked at the game thread yet to see if anyone else thought this.

But yeah, I thought for sure on the most recent Buffalo holding penalty play they were going to call holding on the Miami RT.

Thought the same thing. The lack of replays on important plays/penalties this year is maddening.

OpIv37
09-27-2015, 04:56 PM
I'm betting the NFL told refs to start doing that, as well as asking tv to not show penalty replays as much.

I get it. Fans can't criticize if they can't see the call.

But it's one more thing to cast doubt on the fairness of the league.

imbondz
09-27-2015, 04:59 PM
I get it. Fans can't criticize if they can't see the call.

But it's one more thing to cast doubt on the fairness of the league.

yep it's a bunch of crap.