09-27-2015, 05:35 PM
Another Whaley gem.

SpikedLemonade
09-27-2015, 05:36 PM
Looks great!!!

Mace
09-27-2015, 05:37 PM
Another Whaley gem.

Well, it's an argument for another day, but McCoy sure isn't seeming so.

psubills62
09-27-2015, 05:39 PM
Like I said in the GDT, I absolutely despised drafting a RB. But I love watching him run, really a very good RB. IMO does a great job of getting extra yards after contact.

Night Train
09-27-2015, 05:41 PM
I loved Fred but no way he was going to get touches over Williams. Much too talented.

5th round ? Good pick, much like round 2 and 3.

helmetguy
09-27-2015, 05:42 PM
C.J. WHO???

Turf
09-27-2015, 05:45 PM
6th round stud. Reminds me of those big pounding HB's Pittsburgh would have every year I wish we would have had. If he would only focus on the O-line more. If anyone's going to call him on other things, you have to give him credit for this one.

Historian
09-27-2015, 05:48 PM
Good player.

Buffalogic
09-27-2015, 06:34 PM
Looking like a great draft class

YardRat
09-27-2015, 06:39 PM
I wanted the team to draft a RB, but that was before trading for Shady.
In all honesty, I was a little pissed with the pick at the time (look it up, it's there).
The kid is a flat out beast, good on he and Whaley for taking him, so far.

kingJofNYC
09-27-2015, 07:03 PM
This is why you don't give backs big money, you can find gems in the draft, better off spending the money on OL.

karlos is a nice find so far, matt waldman was on to him early, google the article he wrote about Williams, interesting read.

Jimkelly12203
09-27-2015, 11:43 PM
This is why you don't give backs big money, you can find gems in the draft, better off spending the money on OL.

karlos is a nice find so far, matt waldman was on to him early, google the article he wrote about Williams, interesting read.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/futures/2013/futures-fsu-rb-karlos-williams

Great article. And i have to agree. From the first time i saw this dude run (and it was as a Bill in the pre-season) i knew we were looking at the future.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this dude is a 1st round fantasy back in the not so distant future. He's unbelievable. An absolute monster.

I remember (not knowing a damn thing about him) that i was a little pissed that we used our 5th rounder on a RB. Now i spend more time wondering how the hell this guy wasn't picked in the 1st round.

DraftBoy
09-28-2015, 05:22 AM
Credit to Whaley for not just doing a great job scouting but understanding and finding a RB that fits the scheme. Williams is a down hill runner who simply sees the hole and hits hit. His size and power combination make him a perfect option in this offense.

McCoy's struggles are concerning but he's more of guy who needs to get into the open field. I would like to see them do more with him on tosses, sweeps, and stretch runs.

I also think McCoy is at between 70 and 80% right now and should probably sit for a week or two and get 100% healthy. If we're going to make a playoff run then we'll need him.

sukie
09-28-2015, 08:01 AM
Credit to Whaley for not just doing a great job scouting but understanding and finding a RB that fits the scheme. Williams is a down hill runner who simply sees the hole and hits hit. His size and power combination make him a perfect option in this offense.

McCoy's struggles are concerning but he's more of guy who needs to get into the open field. I would like to see them do more with him on tosses, sweeps, and stretch runs.

I also think McCoy is at between 70 and 80% right now and should probably sit for a week or two and get 100% healthy. If we're going to make a playoff run then we'll need him.

I can't remember but was Roman on board by draft day or after?

Joe Fo Sho
09-28-2015, 08:05 AM
I can't remember but was Roman on board by draft day or after?

Roman was hired 2 days after Rex was hired. He had been here for months before the draft.

gebobs
09-28-2015, 08:16 AM
C.J. WHO???

I think he's that guy buried on the depth chart of an 0-3 team along with another guy the Bills cast off that was supposed the lynch pin here. Bird something?

gebobs
09-28-2015, 08:18 AM
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this dude is a 1st round fantasy back in the not so distant future.
Did you just let it slip out that you're a time traveler?

kingJofNYC
09-28-2015, 09:59 AM

Bang on about scheme fit, kudos to Roman, he's using all the pieces in ways that fit. They're not giving Karlos zone blocking where he has to use his vision to find a cutback and has multiple run lanes, just telling Karlos gap run, find the hole and hit it.

That said, teams will catch on that Karlos is only being used for certain runs and they will probably run fit a little better, but I'm not too worried. Always a counter to the defenses counter.

imbondz
09-28-2015, 10:19 AM
C.J. WHO???

Ugh that hurts, because I was a huge Spiller fan, and I haven't even thought about him at all this season, which is a good thing.

alohabillsfan
09-28-2015, 11:49 AM
Karlos "the hammer" Williams

- - - Updated - - -

Karlos "the hammer" Williams

Mr. Cynical
09-28-2015, 11:52 AM
I loved Fred but no way he was going to get touches over Williams. Much too talented.

5th round ? Good pick, much like round 2 and 3.

But they kept Dixon, which IMO FredEx would be far better value to the team. Boobie is $1.2M and Fred signed for $980K, so it still to this day makes no sense.

Skooby
09-29-2015, 05:53 AM
Another Whaley gem.

Bills RB Karlos Williams currently leads the NFL with 7.75 yards per carry, minimum 20 carries.

Skooby
09-29-2015, 05:55 AM
Did you just let it slip out that you're a time traveler?

My crystal ball broke last week.