PDA

View Full Version : "Realists"/Negative Nancies

Mr. Miyagi
09-27-2015, 05:38 PM
Queue the "I'm glad I was wrong" and "one exception does not make the rule" and "beating up on a terrible team doesn't make us a good team".

Just eat your crow and welcome back onto the bandwagon. :up:

:gobills:

psubills62
09-27-2015, 05:40 PM
*Cue.

Novacane
09-27-2015, 05:40 PM
Miami sucks will be their theme of the week

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-27-2015, 05:54 PM
Don't worry. The realists will not admit they are wrong. He definition of delusion is 'a fixed, false belief'. Meaning that no matter the outcome, people like op will twist the results to fit their mantra. Wait and see.....

they will say 'I'm usually right so because I'm wrong today it doesn't matter because I'm always right so what you saw happen didn't actually happen.'

Mace
09-27-2015, 06:17 PM
Not sure where I sit or where people think I do. I'm a realist. I think they roll up the fair to middlin's, can beat the good's (purely on Ryan magic) and struggle with the elites (purely on Ryan bluster and overconfidence). I still think all roads go through New England though. I think their schedule gives them an excellent chance to make me dizzy with happy, but I'm not going to be comfortable and think they can duke it out with the big kids until we Miami the Pats, or crush Dallas with Romo.

That said though, I'm having funs enjoying this team again and getting less worried about stupid collapses against beatable teams.

Beat up the Giants like they should, and I'll be having more funs, and I start daydreaming even more.

Loved watching this game, felt like the 90's again, and sorry to those who missed those days, except the offense comes up bigger than I expect where in the 90's the defense did.

Bring on the Giants on the yellow brick road to New England.

bleve
09-27-2015, 06:20 PM
IDK, it would be nice to talk football on a football message board, rather than about people who post on a message board.

Mace
09-27-2015, 06:23 PM
IDK, it would be nice to talk football on a football message board, rather than about people who post on a message board.

Never happens.

Meathead
09-27-2015, 06:38 PM
still could be an illusion but yeah they look better than i ever imagined. especially tyrod. how does a guy with a career mid fifty-ish completion pcentage in college and the pros suddenly become a seventy pcent passer? never saw that coming

outside of a qtr of melting down against the boston cheaters theyve been about as impressive as you can expect. lets just pray its not another early season mirage

justasportsfan
09-27-2015, 06:46 PM
Take out "realist" from their title. The are just nancies now

Ginger Vitis
09-27-2015, 07:07 PM
OPIV never took into consideration how dinged up some of Miamis better players were and how and they looked bad there 1st 2 games.. He got completely hung up on the weather lol

Ginger Vitis
09-27-2015, 07:14 PM
Bills offensive points scored so far 83
OPIV predicted offensive points scored 23

Night Train
09-27-2015, 07:15 PM
Queue the "I'm glad I was wrong" and "one exception does not make the rule" and "beating up on a terrible team doesn't make us a good team".

They'll be back in 1-3 days. It's all one way with them.

After the Pats game, they were all here in 15 seconds, preaching from the pulpit.

Wins are poison to self loathing twits.

Ginger Vitis
09-27-2015, 07:20 PM
Has Spiked showed up at all tonight lol

PromoTheRobot
09-27-2015, 07:21 PM

There are a lot of people who don't know whether to s##t or go bowling right now over the Bills. How do you respond to success?

Mace
09-27-2015, 07:27 PM

Yep, he's here and I'd guess he's having fun too, just scared to believe in it too much.

OpIv37
09-27-2015, 07:53 PM
More premature ****-talking. We've been here before. So far we beat two bad teams and lost to a good team. Beating the bad teams and losing to the good ones has been the Bills' MO for at least 15 years.

Right now it looks like I've been wrong about a lot of things. Two points though: one, I've been right a hell of a lot more than I've been wrong, and two, it's too soon to tell either way. I posted the numerous times this team got off to fast starts and still failed before the Pats game. So, don't get your hopes up just yet.

Mace
09-27-2015, 07:58 PM
More premature ****-talking. We've been here before. So far we beat two bad teams and lost to a good team. Beating the bad teams and losing to the good ones has been the Bills' MO for at least 15 years.

Right now it looks like I've been wrong about a lot of things. Two points though: one, I've been right a hell of a lot more than I've been wrong, and two, it's too soon to tell either way. I posted the numerous times this team got off to fast starts and still failed before the Pats game. So, don't get your hopes up just yet.

Oh, just let go and enjoy yourself a little while.

OpIv37
09-27-2015, 08:00 PM
Oh, just let go and enjoy yourself a little while.

It's already been well-established that I'm incapable of letting things go.

Mace
09-27-2015, 08:06 PM
It's already been well-established that I'm incapable of letting things go.

Heh, I know.

HHURRICANE
09-27-2015, 08:11 PM
Who do we play in the first round?

Clinching a playoff spot is just awesome on every level!! Great thread!

Famous Amos
09-27-2015, 08:14 PM
Not sure where I sit or where people think I do. I'm a realist. I think they roll up the fair to middlin's, can beat the good's (purely on Ryan magic) and struggle with the elites (purely on Ryan bluster and overconfidence). I still think all roads go through New England though. I think their schedule gives them an excellent chance to make me dizzy with happy, but I'm not going to be comfortable and think they can duke it out with the big kids until we Miami the Pats, or crush Dallas with Romo.

That said though, I'm having funs enjoying this team again and getting less worried about stupid collapses against beatable teams.

Beat up the Giants like they should, and I'll be having more funs, and I start daydreaming even more.

Loved watching this game, felt like the 90's again, and sorry to those who missed those days, except the offense comes up bigger than I expect where in the 90's the defense did.

Bring on the Giants on the yellow brick road to New England.
One of the differences between this week and the week before the New England game was hype and over confidence. There was a ton of talking and bravado during the week leading up to the mauling at the hands of New England. I liked this past week. Very little talking. Quietly going about their work. Hardly any distractions.

Lets keep it that way. Lets make the Giants think we think they're great and we are getting ready for them. Stay humble and don't let their success give them too much false security.

I didn't think the Bills would destroy the fish. It was an away game where lately the Bills didn't do so well.

I don't think Eli is a push over. They ran the ball well on Thursday. Coughlin is a much better coach than Pagano and Philbin. They have a solid secondary. Lets wait and see. Maybe we will unpleasantly surprised again.

PromoTheRobot
09-27-2015, 08:25 PM

LOL, I can always count on Opi. Thinks Tyrod is Trent.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-27-2015, 10:28 PM

Not all wins are created equal. Last year we were squeaking out last second/OT wins against scrub teams like the 5-11 Bears and the 7-9 Vikings. This year we've won the games I thought we would and lost the one I thought we would, but in the games we won we beat the ever-loving piss out of them from the opening kickoff. How many times in the years of suck have we gone into the half with a shutout and a three-score lead? We've already done it twice in three games.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2005/fo-fox-guts-and-stomps

Topas
09-28-2015, 01:47 AM

Huh, what? when did we regularly beat bad teams. We rather played down to the competition and sneaked out a win here and there and then had a loss against a very bad team that should have never happened. Thats was the Bills the last 15 years.

I do agree that we should not print super bowl t-shirts just yet. But the bolded statement is crap. We never destroyed bad teams.

Night Train
09-28-2015, 05:47 AM

Yes, because faith and hope is NEVER part of a teams fan base. :rolleyes:

Everyone shut up ! Accept your fate !

sukie
09-28-2015, 05:58 AM
I WAS WRONG

Completely impressed. Tyrod , whom I thought was a big fat question mark showed poise. I am not accustomed to seeing a young QB in a Bills uniform NOT looking like the late Gregory Hines. No happy feet.

Clay was a beast which I thought he could be having seen him play for the fins.

I have a mopnster man crush on Karlos. The dude is a beast. Having him and Shady as a 1-2... YIKES!

Seeing Richie pull and block linebackers was so refreshing. Reminded me of what the Bills O line did for Thurman.

I love being wrong about the Bills.

Can I be allowed back on the bandwagon?

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-28-2015, 06:01 AM
Yea sukie. You're allowed back on.. Because you have the guts to admit that you were wrong and just don't double down when proved wrong.

trapezeus
09-28-2015, 06:44 AM
i don't think of myself as a negative nancy. but i definitely think i need to keep seeing the team improve before we say they are fundamentally different.

Colts and miami look prettybad. Miami, specifically, just couldn't cover our guys. Tyrod was throwing to guys with a lot of seperation. It is important that he connect on those and i like what i see. but it also has to get better. i think it can and i think it will.

i also like that the bills typically struggle against other bad teams. so if the colts and dolphins suck, it's nice that before the end of hte half, we had exposed them as being bad teams. last year we lost to the raiders, we tried to lose to the vikings. This is a step in the right direction.

we also have to keep in mind that the pats game was essentially a blowout. and we just turned off and gave up momentum. some of it from phantom penalties and then some of it from just losing your cool. That's the stress the Super Bowl 50 winners will need to overcome. i liked that they fought back to make it respectable, but in the big games against big time opponents, it would be nice to stand in and go punch for punch until the end.

mysticsoto
09-28-2015, 07:27 AM
I WAS WRONG

Completely impressed. Tyrod , whom I thought was a big fat question mark showed poise. I am not accustomed to seeing a young QB in a Bills uniform NOT looking like the late Gregory Hines. No happy feet.

Clay was a beast which I thought he could be having seen him play for the fins.

I have a mopnster man crush on Karlos. The dude is a beast. Having him and Shady as a 1-2... YIKES!

Seeing Richie pull and block linebackers was so refreshing. Reminded me of what the Bills O line did for Thurman.

I love being wrong about the Bills.

Can I be allowed back on the bandwagon?

I'm waiting for all the Incognito haters to eat some crow...although he had help, he played fantastic yesterday and handled Suh extremely well. The Oline played their asses off yesterday...I have to tip my hat to them!!!

OpIv37
09-28-2015, 07:40 AM
I'm waiting for all the Incognito haters to eat some crow...although he had help, he played fantastic yesterday and handled Suh extremely well. The Oline played their asses off yesterday...I have to tip my hat to them!!!
Incognito played ok against Indy, poorly against the Pats and great yesterday, so it's way too soon for anyone to be eating crow.

And btw I don't know that there were any "haters"- just people who questioned the wisdom of spending big on WR's, RB's and receiving TE's while rolling the dice on an offensive lineman who hadn't played in a year and a half as the only improvement to a line that was garbage last year. So far the gamble is paying off but make no mistake- it was a gamble.

Pinkerton Security
09-28-2015, 08:07 AM
Why does every single win or loss cause such a pissing match on message boards? You guys are completely narcissistic. We just crushed our rival, lets get a little excited about it!!!

trapezeus
09-28-2015, 08:20 AM
Incognito played ok against Indy, poorly against the Pats and great yesterday, so it's way too soon for anyone to be eating crow.

And btw I don't know that there were any "haters"- just people who questioned the wisdom of spending big on WR's, RB's and receiving TE's while rolling the dice on an offensive lineman who hadn't played in a year and a half as the only improvement to a line that was garbage last year. So far the gamble is paying off but make no mistake- it was a gamble.

but it was said repeatedly that last year's line looked like they were poorly coached. each time someone came out, someone else went it with no marked improvement. it lead a lot of us believe that the plain vanilla OC and HC just didn't coach these guys well.

i think we could still add a stud or two on the line for depth and for possible replacements, but it is looking like poor coaching did the line in moreso that just outrageously bad talent last year.

OpIv37
09-28-2015, 08:26 AM
but it was said repeatedly that last year's line looked like they were poorly coached. each time someone came out, someone else went it with no marked improvement. it lead a lot of us believe that the plain vanilla OC and HC just didn't coach these guys well.

i think we could still add a stud or two on the line for depth and for possible replacements, but it is looking like poor coaching did the line in moreso that just outrageously bad talent last year.

It's "boy who cried wolf" syndrome. Every off season, we hear about how better coaching and player improvement are going to make the team better. And every year, it fails to materialize on the field. It doesn't mean those things can't happen. It's just that the homers on this board have been using it to make themselves feel happy-go-lucky in the off-season for so long that it isn't meaningful anymore.

Buckets
09-28-2015, 08:59 AM

Wrong again! Our problem has been we loose the games we should win, and get our hopes up by winning a couple we should have lost.

justasportsfan
09-28-2015, 09:10 AM

Opiv. You really need to get off your high horse and stop accusing people about talking prematurely especially when you're the poster child . When you yap about colts beating the bills 38-3 and fins 24-13 because they are prematurely better than the bills and then TURN around and say that they are BAD TEAMS means you were PREMATURELY talking crap . So please, just eat crow and swallow.

trapezeus
09-28-2015, 10:18 AM
It's "boy who cried wolf" syndrome. Every off season, we hear about how better coaching and player improvement are going to make the team better. And every year, it fails to materialize on the field. It doesn't mean those things can't happen. It's just that the homers on this board have been using it to make themselves feel happy-go-lucky in the off-season for so long that it isn't meaningful anymore.

and its been true in the past because we've brought in JV coaches. this year we brought in a coach who has had success and largely got dismantled from a feud internally. and Roman was looking like HC material 2 years ago.

Last year, you saw lineman stand up and have no idea who to block in the pass game. wood, a guy who traditionally had been good, would whiff on blocks and just let guys go around him.

I'm not saying we have an allstar crew, but they are arunning effectively in the first 3 games. so something has changed. i wouldn't be against going big for lineman in the draft. but i think last year, marrone was truly a strong headed know nothing that left a decent team struggling to win games.

mysticsoto
09-28-2015, 10:40 AM

The above is meaningless. Everything is a gamble. The draft is a gamble. Players sucking on one team, being traded and then producing big time happens more often than people think - and is a gamble. Same for vice versa...Suh, for example, has been a big disappointment in Miami so far.

DesertFox24
09-28-2015, 10:50 AM

While I will agree with you that going with Incognito and Miller was a gamble. I will disagree that Richie has played bad in any game. PFF has him as the best guard in the league and the only guard I believe to have a positive grade in any game.

That being said us as fans and PFF when they watch the all 22 do not know the play call or the blocking scheme so we will truly never know if he is doing the right thing or the wrong thing on certain play calls, you can only judge off of one on one matchups.

Now in the NE game they did do a lot of A gap blitzing but from what I have read in other all 22 pieces it was more of a miscommunication thing between woods and Miller not necessarily doing the correct thing and Tyrod holding the ball to long.

The good thing is it happened week 2 and hopefully our guys will learn and get better. The OL and team will get better each and every game.

The thing that worries me is these next 8 games, Tyrod will have a lot of film out there now and teams will have a better idea of how to attack us. How he handles the next 8 games will go a long way in determining if he is a legit starter (franchise QB) or a very good backup.

As a fan I am hoping he proves to be a franchise caliber QB, but no matter the outcome of this season that question will not be answered till after 10 games in the 2016 season in my humble opinion. I want to see how he plays against our division after a year of starting film and a whole offseason for opponents to study and gameplan before I saw we need to pay da man.

BidsJr
09-28-2015, 10:52 AM
The above is meaningless. Everything is a gamble. The draft is a gamble. Players sucking on one team, being traded and then producing big time happens more often than people think - and is a gamble. Same for vice versa...Suh, for example, has been a big disappointment in Miami so far.

Nope not everything is a gamble. Betting on your team sucking every year is a calculated approach that concludes with 31 winners at the end of every season. OP must have been dumped by too many girls to lay his heart out on the line for any silly football team!

DesertFox24
09-28-2015, 10:55 AM

Do you ever get tired of being a negative nancy. Can we not all just enjoy the fact that for the first time since the 90s we have pummeled two teams. Heck the game we got "blown out" we marched back and got to within 5 points with 4 minutes left. Every team has problems in this league, but shoot this is fun right now. I sort of felt like a pats fan yesterday watching the game, two out of three games were over by the third quarter and it was kind of boring because there was no excitement. That being said I watched every second because I enjoy seeing us win especially against a division team at their place, so much fun.

Did anyone get the feeling that watching the Phins reminded you of our Dick Jauron teams?

DesertFox24
09-28-2015, 10:57 AM
For the record I am all for questioning a teams moves and coaching decisions, but the outcome of these three games is indisputable. We are 2-1.

Gilly
09-28-2015, 11:45 AM
Heh,

I love watching the whiners try to make up excuses for the Bills's victories..

It's pathetic..

Jimbuktu
09-28-2015, 11:57 AM
this forum kind of sucks now.

just want to bask in the glory of victory yet people here are more concerned with who is right and who is wrong. ridiculous.

watching sports is supposed to be fun. yesterday was FUN. ****ing enjoy it.

OpIv37
09-28-2015, 12:00 PM
Opiv. You really need to get off your high horse and stop accusing people about talking prematurely especially when you're the poster child . When you yap about colts beating the bills 38-3 and fins 24-13 because they are prematurely better than the bills and then TURN around and say that they are BAD TEAMS means you were PREMATURELY talking crap . So please, just eat crow and swallow.

They are bad teams. I didn't realize it at the time I made those predictions. But don't pretend like I'm the only one who thought the Colts would be good and that the Dolphins would be better than they are.

justasportsfan
09-28-2015, 01:12 PM
They are bad teams. I didn't realize it at the time I made those predictions. But don't pretend like I'm the only one who thought the Colts would be good and that the Dolphins would be better than they are.

Nope. I'm sure a lot of people PREMATURELY thought the colts and fins were good. Thats my point. So don't go around pointing a finger because three point back at you when you do.

FlyingDutchman
09-28-2015, 01:38 PM

Sooooo do you think you should maybe change your definition of "realistic" that you like to constantly apply? People don't give you grief just bc you pick the Bills to lose. A lot of people have picked them to lose

gebobs
09-28-2015, 01:43 PM

As good as anyone thought the Colts were, no one thought they would beat us by 5 TDs at our home opener. That was just nuts, man. You blew it on that one.

- - - Updated - - -

this forum kind of sucks now.

just want to bask in the glory of victory yet people here are more concerned with who is right and who is wrong. ridiculous.

watching sports is supposed to be fun. yesterday was FUN. ****ing enjoy it.

There are other threads. Or start your own.

OpIv37
09-28-2015, 02:54 PM
Sooooo do you think you should maybe change your definition of "realistic" that you like to constantly apply? People don't give you grief just bc you pick the Bills to lose. A lot of people have picked them to lose

No. I gave you valid reasons as to why those predictions were realistic that I'm not going to bother repeating. All predictions are made with imperfect information- otherwise they would be facts and not predictions. The predictions were realistic given the imperfect information we had at the time. I was wrong and I'll admit that but being wrong and being unrealistic are two different things.

thenry20
09-28-2015, 04:47 PM
I guess I will stop being a "negative nancy" until my Bills win multiple Super Bowls. Yes 1 isn't enough like it was for the Jests and Colts fans who cling/clung on to theirs for decades!

You ought to chastise those "fans" who periodically wish the Bills to lose so they can end up with the #1 overall pick. Like, there is a guarantee, that pick will succeed and end up in the HOF.

What about those who still love OJ and proclaim that he never ever did anything wrong.

BuffaloRedleg
09-28-2015, 04:53 PM

He must be happy about how the offensive line has performed, for the most part.

Or unhappy, depending on his mood.

DesertFox24
09-28-2015, 10:22 PM
Opiv is a troll and ha sucked all you guys in. He is probably a pats fan who just likes pissing off us bills fans. The best way to deal with him is to just flat out ignore him and not comment on any of his bs.

The bills could win a super bowl for crying out loud and he would complain.

I bet he lives in his moms basement in what he calls Boston, but is really some small hick town two hours away in the middle of no where. Everyone I have met from mass says they live in Boston and the truth is none of them have.

OpIv37
09-29-2015, 06:49 AM
Opiv is a troll and ha sucked all you guys in. He is probably a pats fan who just likes pissing off us bills fans. The best way to deal with him is to just flat out ignore him and not comment on any of his bs.

I bet he lives in his moms basement in what he calls Boston, but is really some small hick town two hours away in the middle of no where. Everyone I have met from mass says they live in Boston and the truth is none of them have.
You couldn't be more wrong and I've met a lot of posters on this site in person who can verify it.

FlyingDutchman
09-29-2015, 06:50 AM
No. I gave you valid reasons as to why those predictions were realistic that I'm not going to bother repeating. All predictions are made with imperfect information- otherwise they would be facts and not predictions. The predictions were realistic given the imperfect information we had at the time. I was wrong and I'll admit that but being wrong and being unrealistic are two different things.

Lol, so it was the information that was imperfect, not the person making the prediction.

Ok, maybe it's not your idea of realistic that is way off. It's just that you have no clue what you are talking about. Next time try looking at things like match ups, injuries etc.... not weather and what happened in 2008

mysticsoto
09-29-2015, 06:57 AM

I just love reading that...

Ginger Vitis
09-29-2015, 07:07 AM
what the hell is imperfect information lol

OpIv37
09-29-2015, 07:10 AM
Lol, so it was the information that was imperfect, not the person making the prediction.

Ok, maybe it's not your idea of realistic that is way off. It's just that you have no clue what you are talking about. Next time try looking at things like match ups, injuries etc.... not weather and what happened in 2008

I gave you a LOT more than that on the Pats and Colts predictions.

FlyingDutchman
09-29-2015, 07:30 AM
All predictions are made with imperfect information- otherwise they would be facts and not predictions. The predictions were realistic given the imperfect information we had at the time.

One question, do you hear yourself?

OpIv37
09-29-2015, 07:35 AM
One question, do you hear yourself?

I don't know what you are asking. You are trying to judge my prediction based on information available AFTER the game and are not considering that there was no way to have that information at the time the prediction was made.

FlyingDutchman
09-29-2015, 07:40 AM
I don't know what you are asking. You are trying to judge my prediction based on information available AFTER the game and are not considering that there was no way to have that information at the time the prediction was made.

I was referring to how ridiculous you sound. What information are you talking about? Do you realize you just keep going and going and going and going no matter what?

You were still WAY off with the SAME information that everyone else had prior. Apparently you don't know how hypothesis work. EVERYTHING IS "IMPERFECT INFORMATION"...otherwise I'd be sitting on a yacht in the carribean right now from killin it on stocks and gambling on football. Do yourself a favor and never bet on football

justasportsfan
09-29-2015, 07:45 AM

You couldn't be more wrong and I've met a lot of posters on this site in person who can verify it.
yup, I met Opiv in person. He's lives in his Grandma's basement.

justasportsfan
09-29-2015, 08:00 AM
No. I gave you valid reasons as to why those predictions were realistic that I'm not going to bother repeating.

NO you didn't. You gave us predictions you THOUGHT were realistic in your own world. The bills last year under Marrone/Hackett didn't have a game were they scored less than 10 points. You picked 38-3 vs colts . 3 ?????? It's proven now that that was a stupid prediction. So if you think you your prediction was a realistic on then your reality reality is stupid.

Even in the game that you got right bills vs. Pats you still weren't close.

DesertFox24
09-29-2015, 10:55 AM
You couldn't be more wrong and I've met a lot of posters on this site in person who can verify it. Your statements speak otherwise. One thing to question and disagree with direction of the team, it is entirely another thing to constantly berate posters and point out any negatives, without giving credit where it is do, like you do. I stand by my statement that you are just trolling here for the sake of trolling because you enjoy seeing other posters get upset and angry at what you said.

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-29-2015, 10:56 AM
Your statements speak otherwise. One thing to question and disagree with direction of the team, it is entirely another thing to constantly berate posters and point out any negatives, without giving credit where it is do, like you do. I stand by my statement that you are just trolling here for the sake of trolling because you enjoy seeing other posters get upset and angry at what you said.

I disagree with op being a troll. He's unbelievably stubborn but not a troll. A troll is Spartacus or coastal when speaking about Mario Williams.

DesertFox24
09-29-2015, 11:00 AM
I disagree with op being a troll. He's unbelievably stubborn but not a troll. A troll is Spartacus or coastal when speaking about Mario Williams. I would love to see one post from OpIv that is remotely positive about the Bills. I think he even disliked the Dareus pick in the draft. I am not kidding I know he has been here longer and post a lot more but I read every day and I cannot remember one post where he said yes I think that was a good decision, signing, or draft pick. Granted not much to be positive about in the past 15 seasons but darn.

OpIv37
09-29-2015, 11:11 AM
I would love to see one post from OpIv that is remotely positive about the Bills. I think he even disliked the Dareus pick in the draft. I am not kidding I know he has been here longer and post a lot more but I read every day and I cannot remember one post where he said yes I think that was a good decision, signing, or draft pick. Granted not much to be positive about in the past 15 seasons but darn.

I don't recall how I felt about Dareus at the time of the pick.

First, you admit that there isn't much to be positive about but wonder why I don't say more positive things. Huh? That's completely illogical.

Second, it's the negative that has defined this team since the existence of this website. There have been positives here and there but not enough to win, so who cares? If the team had been competitive for 10 of the last 15 years and I'm constantly whining about one bad coach or a couple of bad draft picks, you'd have a point, but the reality is that this team has made a LOT of bad decisions and it's impossible to discuss the team realistically without mentioning them.

Third, over the years I've predicted this team to do poorly in the off-season pretty much every year,not because I want them to, but because I was being objective (and I largely turned out to be right). But those were not popular positions on this board and people challenged them. So, I had to defend my position as to why I felt the team would do poorly. Discussing positives isn't going to get that done.

gebobs
09-29-2015, 11:54 AM
It doesn't take a whole lot of thought to predict the Bills will suck when they have for 15 or so years. That's just blatant cynicism and I've been guilty of it too. The team is looking good and got through perhaps the toughest three game stretch in the past decade at 2-1 including a thrashing of a historical rival on their home turf. It's time to temper your cynicism and instill a bit of positivity. No rush. I know it will take a few more games for you. We've all been burned before.

Mike
09-29-2015, 12:39 PM
For the record the Bills are exactly who I said they would be:

1) Win games that our Dline dominates opposing oline
2) Roll out type of QB that can get yards in chunks both in air and on the ground. Think a poor mans Vick.
3) Easy schedule

I predicted 10 wins for this Bills team and a playoff birth.

In the end, this team will be good enough to compete week in and week and even beat some good teams however they are not at the same level as the Pats & Packers.

Sorry Bills fans no Super Bowl this year.

BillsOwnAll
09-29-2015, 01:09 PM
That's the best part about football. Just make the playoffs and weird things happens. The "best" team doesn't always win the super bowl. A few weird timely bounces of the ball can change the outcome of the game.

Not saying the bills will win the super bowl. But if they make the playoffs there's a chance it could happen. And chance we haven't seen in 15 years.

Do you think giants fans thought they could win the super bowl in 2007?

bleve
09-29-2015, 01:22 PM
For the record the Bills are exactly who I said they would be:

1) Win games that our Dline dominates opposing oline
2) Roll out type of QB that can get yards in chunks both in air and on the ground. Think a poor mans Vick.
3) Easy schedule

I predicted 10 wins for this Bills team and a playoff birth.

In the end, this team will be good enough to compete week in and week and even beat some good teams however they are not at the same level as the Pats & Packers.

It's no Super Bowl for 31 teams.

All I am looking for is an entertaining Sunday more often than not.

This week at the sports bar where I watch the games, the lone Miami fan left in a huff in the first quarter.

That alone was worth the $15 for the pitcher of beer.

DesertFox24
09-29-2015, 03:50 PM
I don't recall how I felt about Dareus at the time of the pick.

First, you admit that there isn't much to be positive about but wonder why I don't say more positive things. Huh? That's completely illogical.

Second, it's the negative that has defined this team since the existence of this website. There have been positives here and there but not enough to win, so who cares? If the team had been competitive for 10 of the last 15 years and I'm constantly whining about one bad coach or a couple of bad draft picks, you'd have a point, but the reality is that this team has made a LOT of bad decisions and it's impossible to discuss the team realistically without mentioning them.

Third, over the years I've predicted this team to do poorly in the off-season pretty much every year,not because I want them to, but because I was being objective (and I largely turned out to be right). But those were not popular positions on this board and people challenged them. So, I had to defend my position as to why I felt the team would do poorly. Discussing positives isn't going to get that done.
You missed the point my friend and like usual find one argument in a post and then talk it to death to try and prove your point.

While you and I agree very little to be happy go lucky about the past 15 years, my point is that whenever something bad happens you love to bring it up again even years later to try and bring attention to yourself. Much in the same way a person on an unneccesarily loud Harley driver does. What you don't do is start post admitting you are wrong.

Bottom line is mature adults with half a brain know what you are doing. Those that don't are either kids are just too dumb to recognize someone that likes to gloat about their correct premonitions but disappears and diverts the topic when they are wrong.

That being said in no way am I convinced Tyrod is the franchise or this team as destined to go to the playoffs. They are playing well he is playing well currently and the afc is very weak this year so those are positives. I also think these next four games are going to decide our fate.

Buffalogic
09-29-2015, 04:11 PM
Not only did we compete with the Packers last year, we dominated them, with ****** coaches. Pats know us very well but we did well for our second game under a first year headcoach and brand new offensive system and personnel. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss our ability to compete with those teams later in the year.

Mike
09-30-2015, 02:13 AM
It's no Super Bowl for 31 teams.

All I am looking for is an entertaining Sunday more often than not.

This week at the sports bar where I watch the games, the lone Miami fan left in a huff in the first quarter.

That alone was worth the $15 for the pitcher of beer.

Look if your looking for a Fun Team that will dominate and be dominated from time to time, this Bills team won't disappoint!

Sports are suppose to be fun and finally the Bills are. We live in world of parity and however unlikely the Bills could get a few lucky bounces and win the big one.