PDA

View Full Version : Tyrod 1st QB since Jim Kelly

imbondz
09-27-2015, 07:22 PM
I know these stats don't mean anything this early but still worth pointing out.

Taylor became the first Bills (http://www.nfl.com/teams/buffalobills/profile?team=BUF) quarterback since Hall of Fame (http://www.profootballhof.com/)r Jim Kelly (1991) with at least seven touchdown passes and a 70-percent completion rate through Week 3.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000540742/article/listless-miami-dolphins-blown-out-by-buffalo-bills

elltrain22
09-27-2015, 07:27 PM
stats don't lie. TT is a good QB, with potential to be real good.

Night Train
09-27-2015, 07:32 PM
Matt Cassel, we hardly knew ye

Mr. Cynical
09-27-2015, 07:37 PM
Fingers, toes and balls crossed this isn't a fitzy streak.

Meathead
09-27-2015, 07:43 PM
stats don't lie.

well yeah sometimes they do

it looks extremely unlikely right now, but its still quite possible tyrod could fizzle. sometimes guys can start on fire and then just drop off the face of the earth. remember daunte culpepper? how about derek anderson? freakin jay schroeder was a probowler once

but man holy hell has he looked good tho. finding guys quickly, making every throw, running at the right times, protecting the ball. and probably the best part, his incredibly cool and collected demeanor. man i hope its not just an illusion

Mr. Cynical
09-27-2015, 07:46 PM
....and probably the best part, his incredibly cool and collected demeanor. man i hope its not just an illusion

This. Having the physical tools is one thing, but that's useless if you don't have the presence. He didn't implode last week, which by all accounts would have been understandable given the circumstances. So adding up what he did in the 4th Q last week, rolling into this week is really exciting.

I just can't allow myself to get *too* excited yet because as a Bills fan I should know better by now.

HHURRICANE
09-27-2015, 07:51 PM
Matt Cassel, we hardly knew ye

He looked good with street clothes in Dallas.

psubills62
09-27-2015, 08:37 PM
70+% and 8.9 YPA is more than solid.

He obviously makes mistakes and misses some open guys, but in general, he seems to be a pass-first player. But the fact that he can run and even get 2-3 yards when nobody's open (instead of maybe throwing it away) has value.

I love how he's playing so far. I think after the bye week is really when we'll see if he can maintain this level of play. If he can, I'll be excited.

HHURRICANE
09-27-2015, 08:50 PM
Ryan Fitzpatrick is ranked one slot ahead of Tyrod for passing yards on the official NFL site after 3 games. Then you look over and see Tyrod with a 116 QB rating and Fitzy with 78.

After 3 games this kid looks as good as any Bills QB I've seen in 40 plus years. I was at Kelly's first game. He's a gamer like Kelly. Plenty of QBs can have good stats and not win. I think he knows how to win.

baalworship
09-27-2015, 10:16 PM
What was impressive was when he got injured. He gutted it out without having his usual mobility and kept making throws from the pocket. This guy has that "it" factor.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-27-2015, 10:50 PM
He looked good with street clothes in Dallas.

Speaking of Matt Cassel, there was a dude on the Bills sideline today who was a dead ringer for him. I literally did a double take at the screen when I saw him in the foreground.

emoulds80
09-28-2015, 01:02 AM
december is where it counts. good job so far. excited

Forward_Lateral
09-28-2015, 05:29 AM
december is where it counts. good job so far. excited

It only counts in December if you win in Sept, Oct and Nov

Turf
09-28-2015, 06:53 AM
Did anyone ask Taylor about his knee , ankle or leg injury whatever that was?

Buckets
09-28-2015, 09:10 AM
This. Having the physical tools is one thing, but that's useless if you don't have the presence. He didn't implode last week, which by all accounts would have been understandable given the circumstances. So adding up what he did in the 4th Q last week, rolling into this week is really exciting.

I just can't allow myself to get *too* excited yet because as a Bills fan I should know better by now.

I think this is how a lot of us are feeling!

gebobs
09-28-2015, 09:35 AM
Ryan Fitzpatrick is ranked one slot ahead of Tyrod for passing yards on the official NFL site after 3 games. Then you look over and see Tyrod with a 116 QB rating and Fitzy with 78.

After 3 games this kid looks as good as any Bills QB I've seen in 40 plus years. I was at Kelly's first game. He's a gamer like Kelly. Plenty of QBs can have good stats and not win. I think he knows how to win.

Speaking of Fitz, in 2011 after three games, he had 9 TDs, 3 INTs, a 104 QBR, 843 passing yards and three wins including the 34-31 shootout with New England. We all know how that turned out.

Taylor looks good, but let's not go comparing him just yet to the best qb in franchise history.

gebobs
09-28-2015, 09:44 AM
Did anyone ask Taylor about his knee , ankle or leg injury whatever that was?

I think he rolled his ankle a bit. It didn't seem to affect him but nothing in the post game presser that I heard.

Static
09-28-2015, 09:54 AM
I told you the Dolphins would make taylor look like the second coming of kelly.