• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Kings Cartoons: Week 3 - Homecoming

I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• Buddo
    • Mar 2007

Re: Kings Cartoons: Week 3 - Homecoming

LMAO. Great stuff, and thanks.

Comment

• gebobs
      One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
      • Sep 2003

Wow. I did not realize Hogan was a former fish too. All those guys made important contributions during the game. Two TD's, 124 yards receiving on 8 catches, 2 FGs and 5 PATs, and some badass blocking to spring a TD run. That comes to *gets out abacus* 29 points that I'll credit the former fishies. Thanks guys!

The only mark against that I recall is the missed FG from 54 yards. Clay didn't drop any passes or fumble. Incognito never got flagged.

It's a good thing for them we don't have any more former Dolphins or the game night have gotten out of hand....more out of hand!
      Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• thenry20
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by gebobs View Post

The only mark against that I recall is the missed FG from 54 yards. Clay didn't drop any passes or fumble. Incognito never got flagged.
        50+ yard FG's should never be a given, especially on grass! I know we've been spoiled with Dan's recent successes but we need to be realistic. I don't understand Rex's beef with him in the preseason.

Comment

• gebobs
          One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by thenry20 View Post
          50+ yard FG's should never be a given, especially on grass! I know we've been spoiled with Dan's recent successes but we need to be realistic. I don't understand Rex's beef with him in the preseason.
          Three missed FG's and an extra point combined with the fact that we are the only team in the league, again, to tie up a roster spot and a bit of cap space for a long kicker.

This is like the fifth season, going back to frickin Norwood, that the Bills have had two kickers on the team. At least then they were kicking from the 30. I don't get it. Carpenter has plenty of leg to hit a field goal, which requires a higher trajectory, from 60 yards, but he put a kickoff in the end zone? Would someone please explain that to me.
          Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

Working...
          X