http://www.nfl.com/stats/team

gebobs
09-28-2015, 10:33 AM
Run and stop the run... what now?

That's lovely.

HAMMER
09-28-2015, 10:51 AM
Unfortunately we are still 30th in the league for overall defense, hopefully that will improve significantly. We now face a two time SB winning QB with two fantastic WR's so we will be tested.

justasportsfan
09-28-2015, 10:55 AM
That's lovely.

Temper your enthusiasm please.

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately we are still 30th in the league for overall defense, hopefully that will improve significantly. We now face a two time SB winning QB with two fantastic WR's so we will be tested.

Is HAMMER banned? Looks like OPiv has taken over his handle.

gebobs
09-28-2015, 11:28 AM
Temper your enthusiasm please.
After three games, that's more than it deserves.

delectrolux
09-28-2015, 12:23 PM

By "overall defense" you mean "Yards/Game" – and having Tom Brady hang 400+ on you will do that. We're 19th in Points/Game, even with Brady's 40 last week, and 15th in total points. we're 13th in 3rd down percentage and 12th in TIme of Possession. So yes, this upcoming Sunday is a good test – the Giants are ranked middle of the pack in passing yards/game – but then again, the Dolphins are ranked 10th...

Night Train
09-28-2015, 01:05 PM
It's all about matchups against each team.

Respect the Giants but we're at home and the Giants are still trying to find an identity with their roster.

justasportsfan
09-28-2015, 01:10 PM
It's all about matchups against each team.

Respect the Giants but we're at home and the Giants are still trying to find an identity with their roster.

Beckham vs. Watkins :scratch:

HHURRICANE
09-28-2015, 01:55 PM
Giants are second against the run.

USC_Gamecock
09-28-2015, 02:06 PM
The key against the Giants will be getting to Eli. Eli will be much easier to get to than Brady.

That's how to slow his receivers down.

OpIv37
09-28-2015, 03:11 PM
Giants are second against the run.

Number one rushing O against the number 2 rushing D. This is where we find it if this team is for real.

mdcas22
09-28-2015, 03:26 PM
looks like TT will be throwing the ball again and that's fine with me if he plays like he did against the Fin's,

thenry20
09-28-2015, 04:35 PM

CORRECTION: Cruz will play this week according to reports coming out of NY.

notacon
09-28-2015, 05:10 PM

That was TWENTY years ago.

The game is much different now.

Mace
09-28-2015, 05:17 PM

Lose 4 Super Bowls I guess. If there was a groan button I'd groan myself.

My opinion though, there's only one real measurement that has immediate importance. Beat the Pats. If they can get past that, they have a good chance to beat anyone whoever, wherever.

HAMMER
09-28-2015, 07:31 PM
CORRECTION: Cruz will play this week according to reports coming out of NY.

Not sure what you mean by correction, Cruz and Beckham are two excellent receivers.

BillsImpossible
09-28-2015, 07:48 PM
That was TWENTY years ago.

The game is much different now.

What if time is circular, not linear?

Round and round. Nothing new under the sun.

The old is the new. The new will be old soon, but in 20 years it will be new again.

History repeats itself over and over again in sports and politics.

The old school theories of developing a quarterback for 3 to 4 years, running the football, and stopping the run are coming back in to fashion.

Pocket passing quarterbacks are back in style.

2015 could be the year the new read option offense becomes old, again.

BillsImpossible
09-28-2015, 08:20 PM
That's lovely.

The Bills have a gang of redcoats standing in front, and a horse named Peyton sitting on top of them.

That does not sound lovely.

It will be lovely when that charging bison stampedes over the heads of the Patriots and Broncos in the playoffs.

tomz
09-28-2015, 11:14 PM
By "overall defense" you mean "Yards/Game" – and having Tom Brady hang 400+ on you will do that. We're 19th in Points/Game, even with Brady's 40 last week, and 15th in total points. we're 13th in 3rd down percentage and 12th in TIme of Possession. So yes, this upcoming Sunday is a good test – the Giants are ranked middle of the pack in passing yards/game – but then again, the Dolphins are ranked 10th...

The stats here are a little misleading. Yes, the Pats torched us but both the Colts and Fins played the entire 2nd half in what amounted to 'garbage time.' Softer defensive schemes and pass happy offense. It would be instructive to see a game in which the Bills had to play sharp 'D' for longer than a half against anyone other than Brady.

Though I do prefer laughers. My heart can't take too much stress!

DynaPaul
09-29-2015, 03:06 PM
What now? WIN.

The Jokeman
09-29-2015, 03:13 PM
Not sure what you mean by correction, Cruz and Beckham are two excellent receivers.

Cruz isn't what he was and it's first game coming back from injury so doubt he sees a lot of looks. More telling is that they worked out Hakeem Nicks, Wes Welker and TE Chris Cooley. I like our defense against their offense and our passing game against their passing defense. This is a home game at what looks to be an inferior opponent. Like I said week 1 and week 3, it's a game that we should win.

Edward Robinson
09-29-2015, 08:23 PM

Too bad we tied for 6th worst YPC average against at 4.3. We have only faced 17 rushes against per game is by far lowest in the league. I wonder is that due to us blowing teams out which get them away from the run game or its so easy to pass against us so why run the ball. I hope it is the prior

Topas
09-30-2015, 05:03 AM
Well for the Pats game, it was the second, for the other two it was the first reason you mentioned.