• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • imbondz
    Democrats are people too
    • Jan 2003

The next 6 games...

The only team better than us is possibly the Bengals, but it's a home game, and we've played well against them over the past few years of crap. We could beat them.

This is the softest part of our schedule, and if we've truly turned the corner, and are a playoff team, have to win 4-6 games but really 5-6. When I looked back at our playoff seasons, there were always stretches of the season where we ran off 5-6 wins in a row, this stretch is where we need to do that.

I know there's no gimme games in the NFL, but we could legitimately be 7-2 before the next Patriots game.
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

• ICRockets
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2008

Re: The next 6 games...

Yep. I was saying the exact same thing to a buddy of mine after the Pats game. The Bengals and possibly the Jets are the only teams I'm worried about until Monday Night Revenge.

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

i agree with the general logic, but i think looking that many games into the future is close to impossible. with injuries on our team and others, it is really hard to know which teams have momentum or don't. maybe we catch the bengals have a long stretch of dominance. Maybe tennessee is slowly getting it and puts a complete game in.

i always think of it as 4 small seasons. and we are almost done with the first one. if we leave 3-1, that would be better than i expected.

On paper, the next 4 seem pretty light. but jax is slowly improving and its a flight across the pond. Tenn has a decent rookie. maybe we'll fluster him...maybe he's the real deal. Maybe the dolphins are free and clear of philbin and the players gel together.

Who knows, but if they go 3-1 again in the next 4 frame, that would really be something.

This team has me so excited about Nov/Dec games, but i'm really trying to just be happy about the last week and excited that we aren't too banged up to be competitive in the next week.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Of course every year I want the Bills to win the SB, but my more realistic hope is just that they play well enough to make every game meaningful. This looks like the best shot they've had in years to make that happen.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves. It was just a week ago when coaches, players and fans alike looked like fools for calling out the Patriots.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
          Of course every year I want the Bills to win the SB, but my more realistic hope is just that they play well enough to make every game meaningful. This looks like the best shot they've had in years to make that happen.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves. It was just a week ago when coaches, players and fans alike looked like fools for calling out the Patriots.
          I'd actually prefer to have home field wrapped up after game 15, make week 16 meaningless, and be able to sit the most important players week 16 like Marv used to do. But I'm greedy.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
            I'd actually prefer to have home field wrapped up after game 15, make week 16 meaningless, and be able to sit the most important players week 16 like Marv used to do. But I'm greedy.
            I'll accept a meaningless regular season game if it earns us a playoff game, no doubt.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• sudzy
              • Apr 2013

I was looking at that, also. The Bengals in Buffalo is a very winnable game. We could be in great shape to make playoff push by the NE game.

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
                My IQ Test results came back negative
                • Oct 2002

I love looking at the schedule and think we CAN beat every team on it.

Comment

• gebobs
                  One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by ICRockets View Post
                  Yep. I was saying the exact same thing to a buddy of mine after the Pats game. The Bengals and possibly the Jets are the only teams I'm worried about until Monday Night Revenge.
                  In that case, just the Bengals. :-)
                  Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• Gibby
                    • Jun 2006

In terms of football I am insane enough to believe that if we are any good at all we really really really need to be at least 4-2 over the next six games if we are to be taken as a legitimate contender this year. Really the only two teams that trouble me right now are at the Jets, and at home against Cincy and the Giants. We win at least on of those three (in worst case scenario I hope its either the Jets or Bengals that we get the win as you always want ideally a conference or division win. Anyways, I think it is entirely possible to be facing New England with a 6-3 or even 7-2 record. Honestly the biggest test we have is Cincy and second the Giants. The Jests, well Fitztragic always starts declining to oblivion by week 9. FWIW, I think we could very possibly face New England at 8-1.

Comment

• Mace
                      Haha...yeah you think so ?
                      • Mar 2013

I really think 5-1 over the next 6 assuming no tragic injuries, with a reasonable shot at 6-0, though I'd be fine with 4-2. It's not because I think they are a great team of awesomeness, I just think the schedule with Ryan defense and Roman philosophy is very favorable. I even think they have an arguable shot at 12-4, because of the schedule in the first year of the Ryan leadership magic.

It will be all about what Ryan has learned in his career, if he can keep them on an even keel, get a little more discipline, Roman keeps the offense focused and businesslike, and Taylor keeps being methodical. Like Ryan seemed real upset at the penalties, but what does he do about it ? Not sure he can do much, he's Rex Ryan. If he actually does rein them, and himself in, oh this could be a special season.

Do I expect it ? Nah. But hey, why not enjoy it while I can daydream ?

Comment

• imbondz
                        Democrats are people too
                        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                        I really think 5-1 over the next 6 assuming no tragic injuries, with a reasonable shot at 6-0, though I'd be fine with 4-2. It's not because I think they are a great team of awesomeness, I just think the schedule with Ryan defense and Roman philosophy is very favorable. I even think they have an arguable shot at 12-4, because of the schedule in the first year of the Ryan leadership magic.

It will be all about what Ryan has learned in his career, if he can keep them on an even keel, get a little more discipline, Roman keeps the offense focused and businesslike, and Taylor keeps being methodical. Like Ryan seemed real upset at the penalties, but what does he do about it ? Not sure he can do much, he's Rex Ryan. If he actually does rein them, and himself in, oh this could be a special season.

Do I expect it ? Nah. But hey, why not enjoy it while I can daydream ?
                        exactly
                        My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                          • Mar 2013

Home vs. Giants
                          Away vs. Titans
                          Home vs. Bengals
                          Away vs. Jaguars
                          Bye Week
                          Home vs. Fish
                          Away vs Jets

1 win at a time for the team, but for fans it's hard not to think of the Bills being 7-2 or even 8-1 come the rematch against the Pats at Gillette on Monday Night's Main Event.

Official source of the Buffalo Bills preseason and regular season schedule. Easily add the schedule to your calendar or print at home.

Comment

Working...
                          X