PDA

View Full Version : The thing about Tyrod.....

BidsJr
09-28-2015, 04:05 PM
First off, I am reluctant to get overly excited with any Buffalo Bills player with a QB next to his name. A decade and a half of perpetual failure at the position will do that to a person I guess. Anyhow early on in the preseason I noticed something that was pretty consistant with Tyrod. It just seemed that the offense flowed better than I had seen in a very long time. Just a few thoughts...

1. His short throw accuracy is pretty outstanding. Not only completing the passes and keeping us ahead in the down and distance dept, but hitting guys in stride with a chance for extra YAC.
2. Scrambling to throw rather than to run. He seems to always be looking down field anticipating someone to break open for chunk yardage.
3. When all else fails tuck and run for the 3-7 yds he can seemingly pick up at will.

All of these things add up to an O that just has a flow to it that I haven't seen in who knows how long. But the bigger thing is that these traits should help make him pretty slump proof. Excited to see him develop.

With regard to the New England performance... IMO he lost a Super Bowl caliber game with a chance to tie it on his last posession.

DynaPaul
09-28-2015, 04:12 PM
I like how I see him going over plays and talking to the offense on the sidelines.

Generalissimus Gibby
09-28-2015, 04:25 PM
I like how he can make throws fairly accurately around the field. I like his decision making, and I like how he moves to make plays not just to run. Its early yet and the litmus test is how he does in November or December after there is film galore of him. I think if he does okay at Arrowhead against that Chiefs defense we may just have something special for the first time in years.

thenry20
09-28-2015, 04:28 PM
TT didn't lose that game, regardless of those 3 INT's. Our secondary, for reasons unknown, decided to throw tantrums and reward the other team with exquisite field position 3 times!!! They also blew their assignments on simple coverages.

Generalissimus Gibby
09-28-2015, 04:40 PM
TT didn't lose that game, regardless of those 3 INT's. Our secondary, for reasons unknown, decided to throw tantrums and reward the other team with exquisite field position 3 times!!! They also blew their assignments on simple coverages.

And lets not forget the OL. Every ****ing time we needed to answer the Pats it was a damn holding penalty or false start on first down against the OL. Now some of that was the fault of the refs rigging another win for tommy boy, but a lot of those calls were correct.

notacon
09-28-2015, 05:09 PM
First off, I am reluctant to get overly excited with any Buffalo Bills player with a QB next to his name. A decade and a half of perpetual failure at the position will do that to a person I guess. Anyhow early on in the preseason I noticed something that was pretty consistant with Tyrod. It just seemed that the offense flowed better than I had seen in a very long time. Just a few thoughts...

1. His short throw accuracy is pretty outstanding. Not only completing the passes and keeping us ahead in the down and distance dept, but hitting guys in stride with a chance for extra YAC.
2. Scrambling to throw rather than to run. He seems to always be looking down field anticipating someone to break open for chunk yardage.
3. When all else fails tuck and run for the 3-7 yds he can seemingly pick up at will.

All of these things add up to an O that just has a flow to it that I haven't seen in who knows how long. But the bigger thing is that these traits should help make him pretty slump proof. Excited to see him develop.

With regard to the New England performance... IMO he lost a Super Bowl caliber game with a chance to tie it on his last posession.

Well....I think you are underestimating the amount of time the Bills have had "perpetual failure" at the QB position. Except for Jim Kelly and Jack Kemp (Daryl Lamonica gets a honorable mention but his best days were not spent on the Bills) there have been varying degrees of "failure" for over a HALF A CENTURY!

With that being said, we're all a little wary of embracing the idea that we may finally have a QB that can compete. Especially on bulletin boards like these where the 'I told you so' and the 'you embraced that guy 10 years ago so your opinion is suspect forever' childishness that goes on for decades.

Tyrod Taylor may just be the "real thing". Which is particularly amazing since he was drafted in the sixth round. You can count on one hand how many QB's picked in the later rounds that have made even a regular quality starter much less a franchise QB...and have some fingers left....in the last couple of decades.

Tryod is ranked #8 in the Total QBR (http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr) ranking that is easily the most accurate rating for actual quality of performance from QB's.

That is pretty impressive.

notacon
09-28-2015, 05:13 PM
Oh...Tyrod was rated #1 in Total QBR for week 3 (http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr/_/type/player-week).

That is really impressive!!!

Skooby
09-28-2015, 05:24 PM
Oh...Tyrod was rated #1 in Total QBR for week 3 (http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr/_/type/player-week).

Last time that happened for the Bills ?? Never ? 1991 ?

BrianCarr
09-28-2015, 06:51 PM
Last time that happened for the Bills ?? Never ? 1991 ?They didn't have that rating system in '91.

BrianCarr
09-28-2015, 06:55 PM
Well....I think you are underestimating the amount of time the Bills have had "perpetual failure" at the QB position. Except for Jim Kelly and Jack Kemp (Daryl Lamonica gets a honorable mention but his best days were not spent on the Bills) there have been varying degrees of "failure" for over a HALF A CENTURY!

With that being said, we're all a little wary of embracing the idea that we may finally have a QB that can compete. Especially on bulletin boards like these where the 'I told you so' and the 'you embraced that guy 10 years ago so your opinion is suspect forever' childishness that goes on for decades.

Tyrod Taylor may just be the "real thing". Which is particularly amazing since he was drafted in the sixth round. You can count on one hand how many QB's picked in the later rounds that have made even a regular quality starter much less a franchise QB...and have some fingers left....in the last couple of decades.

Tryod is ranked #8 in the Total QBR (http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr) ranking that is easily the most accurate rating for actual quality of performance from QB's.

That is pretty impressive.Pretty accurate but I will say that Joe Ferguson wasn't a bad QB, not great, but he wasn't a "failure".

OpIv37
09-28-2015, 07:10 PM

Well no QB is slump proof and I disagree that the game was SB caliber and it's too early to pass judgment but I agree with your 3 main points. I love the way he keeps his eyes downfield when he runs and always thinks pass first.

The only thing I don't like is sometimes he throws late down the middle or back across the field but those are easy mistakes to correct. So far, so good.

BillsImpossible
09-28-2015, 07:29 PM
I like how Greg Roman is teaching Tyrod Taylor how to be a pocket passing quarterback.

He had 9 runs against the Colts, 5 runs against the Pats, and only 3 against the Fish.

On his 3rd run against Miami, Tyrod got hit hard after attempting to slide and went down awkwardly on his leg.

Running quarterbacks get hurt. The Bills got lucky there. RGIII's career would be different today if he was coached to stay in the pocket and throw. He was a great passer, but his career is now pretty much over because Mike Shanahan (of all coaches) chose to have him run instead of pass.

Why have Tryod run the ball when he can pass it with a 74% completion rating?

The offensive line did an excellent job of protecting Taylor. Zero sacks.

The great protection gave Taylor time to sit back in the pocket and make great throws.

He had to improvise a few times with his feet, avoiding would be sacks and making plays.

Greg Roman has the smartest, most gifted quarterback he's ever coached in Tyrod Taylor.

Would you let Tom Brady run the ball 3 times a game?

BidsJr
09-28-2015, 07:42 PM
Pp
I like how Greg Roman is teaching Tyrod Taylor how to be a pocket passing quarterback.

He had 9 runs against the Colts, 5 runs against the Pats, and only 3 against the Fish.

On his 3rd run against Miami, Tyrod got hit hard after attempting to slide and went down awkwardly on his leg.

Running quarterbacks get hurt. The Bills got lucky there. RGIII's career would be different today if he was coached to stay in the pocket and throw. He was a great passer, but his career is now pretty much over because Mike Shanahan (of all coaches) chose to have him run instead of pass.

Why have Tryod run the ball when he can pass it with a 74% completion rating?

You know, I can see why people might think this kind of thing. But It has been proven time and time again with QB's over the years that "they are pretty much who they are." I think what we have seen in preseason and so far is who this guy is. Not sure how much if any influence the coordinators have had on how much he runs, or on any of the 3 points that I was making. I just really think that those 3 things are all Tyrod Taylor. Unteachable excellent traits. He just seems to get it.

Maybe in 3 more games he turns into Mike Vick lite and implodes forever. But the game has to be moving too fast for a guy 3 games in for him to be thinking about coaching.

BidsJr
09-28-2015, 07:46 PM
Well no QB is slump proof and I disagree that the game was SB caliber and it's too early to pass judgment but I agree with your 3 main points. I love the way he keeps his eyes downfield when he runs and always thinks pass first.

The only thing I don't like is sometimes he throws late down the middle or back across the field but those are easy mistakes to correct. So far, so good.

He smoked the team that had to be beaten to go to the super bowl last year. He took the champs to the final drive with a chance to tie. I don't care how smart you think you are, but you would have signed up for that scenario 100/100 before the season started and you had the benefit of hindsight.

OpIv37
09-28-2015, 08:11 PM
He smoked the team that had to be beaten to go to the super bowl last year. He took the champs to the final drive with a chance to tie. I don't care how smart you think you are, but you would have signed up for that scenario 100/100 before the season started and you had the benefit of hindsight.

First, Indy is not the same team they were last year.

Second, I said something positive and mostly agreed with you and you still took a shot at me? Come on.

BillsImpossible
09-28-2015, 08:32 PM

Second, I said something positive and mostly agreed with you and you still took a shot at me? Come on.

Don't take it personal, OpIv37.

We can bust each others chops, but never take it personal.

When talking about football gets personal, that's when the party usually ends.

Talk about the game, not each other.

This IPA has me going Gandhi.

BillsImpossible
09-28-2015, 08:44 PM
74.4% completion percentage for Tyrod Taylor after 3 games.

That's including the game against the Dark Empire.

It's getting better all the time, better, better, better.

BidsJr
09-28-2015, 08:44 PM

Sorry I must have been subconsciously responding to something else you posted. :lol:

notacon
09-29-2015, 08:11 AM
Pretty accurate but I will say that Joe Ferguson wasn't a bad QB, not great, but he wasn't a "failure".

I remember Joe fondly. No, he wasn't "bad", but not "good" either. You may notice that I did say "...varying degrees of "failure" for over a HALF A CENTURY!"

When Joe was QB, we had the best running game and offensive line in football....maybe in history at that point. The game was different, and did not need a stellar passing QB to win. We still did not "win" with Joe.

Those were the years of Terry Bradshaw and Fran Tarkenton and Roger Starbach and Jim Plunkett. Joe could not hold a candle to those guys.

Jimkelly12203
09-29-2015, 08:40 AM
It also helps that we finally have a real coaching staff. It's been a while for the Bills since the team has gone out with a great game plan on both sides of the ball. People know what their jobs are and they seem to have a real purpose. In the past we've always had one unit or the other that is flat out embarrassing. And I think a lot of it is beyond Xs and Os. Some people are just good teachers and leaders. You can be the smartest football mind in the world and if you can't communicate with people and motivate them you're going to suck. These coaches do not suck.

mightysimi
09-29-2015, 08:42 AM

Until Rodgers played last night.

gebobs
09-29-2015, 09:03 AM
Well....I think you are underestimating the amount of time the Bills have had "perpetual failure" at the QB position. Except for Jim Kelly and Jack Kemp
I'd even argue against Kemp. He was a leader, for sure, but he was not a very good passer. The Bills won those championships on the backs of the defense and a ball-control ground game. When Kemp dropped back to pass, it was nearly as likely to land in an opponent's arms as it was a Bills receiver's. In an 8-team league, the best QBR he had was 5th. In 1964, a championship year, his rating was 9th. Oakland had two QBs with better QBRs.

As for QB's, the franchise has Kelly and everyone else is a distant second, barely worth mentioning.

yordad
09-29-2015, 10:47 AM
Last time that happened for the Bills ?? Never ? 1991 ?It was the highest QBR rating for a single game for a Bills QB EVER.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/10-things-that-shocked-us-about-week-3/ss-AAeUUTB?ocid=mailsignout#image=8

starrymessenger
09-30-2015, 08:32 AM
Tyrod is facing a major learning curve and he will have his ups and downs. His execution also needs refinement, not surprisingly since live action is really the only way to hone those skills and he has had precious little of that. It very much looks like he has what it takes to start negotiating those hurdles so it's entirely reasonable to expect continuing improvement from him.
While his physical ability has been on display I'm not sure his intangibles have been mentioned enuf because they are an important part of the chemistry with all of his teammates that he is building. He is quietly taking a major role in forging the team's identity and confidence, without which no team can survive the challenges of a long season in an extremely arduous and competitive environment. He's smart that way. He says his job is to take command of the huddle but he leaves the lockerroom leadership to the vets.
The character issues some players have get a lot of attention but it's worth mentioning that many of the young men who come into the league are quality individuals who really have it together as far as their headspace is concerned. Taylor is one of those. Mature beyond his 26 years. That's an indispensable asset if you aspire to being a top shelf NFL QB.

stuckincincy
09-30-2015, 11:29 AM
Tyrod is facing a major learning curve and he will have his ups and downs. His execution also needs refinement, not surprisingly since live action is really the only way to hone those skills and he has had precious little of that. It very much looks like he has what it takes to start negotiating those hurdles so it's entirely reasonable to expect continuing improvement from him.
While his physical ability has been on display I'm not sure his intangibles have been mentioned enuf because they are an important part of the chemistry with all of his teammates that he is building. He is quietly taking a major role in forging the team's identity and confidence, without which no team can survive the challenges of a long season in an extremely arduous and competitive environment. He's smart that way. He says his job is to take command of the huddle but he leaves the lockerroom leadership to the vets.
The character issues some players have get a lot of attention but it's worth mentioning that many of the young men who come into the league are quality individuals who really have it together as far as their headspace is concerned. Taylor is one of those. Mature beyond his 26 years. That's an indispensable asset if you aspire to being a top shelf NFL QB.

It will be interesting to see him vs. CIN.

Taylor will face a deep and capable CIN DL that in their first 3 games has been showing strong DT interior pressure...Atkins has returned to form. Their DEs have generally been setting the edge and getting into the backfield. CIN has been able to rotate fresh DL legs into the game, so far.

LB play has been fair - Burfict is gone on one of those PUP-whatever things and likely won't play this year - if ever again.

The CIN db corps have been playing fairly well. Red flags for CIN is that safety Iloka has some nagging injury issues, and S Reggie Nelson looks to be hitting *the* wall.

So...it should shape up as a good test for Taylor - subject of course to important injuries coming into the contest and how the flags fly for both clubs. :2cents:

Albany,n.y.
09-30-2015, 11:44 AM
It also helps that we finally have a real coaching staff. It's been a while for the Bills since the team has gone out with a great game plan on both sides of the ball. People know what their jobs are and they seem to have a real purpose. In the past we've always had one unit or the other that is flat out embarrassing. And I think a lot of it is beyond Xs and Os. Some people are just good teachers and leaders. You can be the smartest football mind in the world and if you can't communicate with people and motivate them you're going to suck. These coaches do not suck.

I think that has a lot to do with ownership. Ralph was a great man, but when anyone mentioned paying coaches, head and assistants, Ralph ran for the crazy glue & sealed up his wallet. Owners need to be willing to shell out big bucks for head coaches & assistants. Ralph just didn't believe in that. That's how we ended up with the coaches that have preceded Rex since our last playoff game along with a slew of under-qualified assistants.
No matter what anyone thought of him when he signed, Rex knows guys around the NFL. That's how he was able to bring in Roman and it was through his connections from his Baltimore days that he had heard about Tyrod. It started with him talking with Cam Cameron years ago. No Rex, no Tyrod.

starrymessenger
09-30-2015, 01:29 PM
It will be interesting to see him vs. CIN.

Taylor will face a deep and capable CIN DL that in their first 3 games has been showing strong DT interior pressure...Atkins has returned to form. Their DEs have generally been setting the edge and getting into the backfield. CIN has been able to rotate fresh DL legs into the game, so far.

LB play has been fair - Burfict is gone on one of those PUP-whatever things and likely won't play this year - if ever again.

The CIN db corps have been playing fairly well. Red flags for CIN is that safety Iloka has some nagging injury issues, and S Reggie Nelson looks to be hitting *the* wall.

So...it should shape up as a good test for Taylor - subject of course to important injuries coming into the contest and how the flags fly for both clubs. :2cents:

Agree Bengal D will be a big test for Taylor. Their team overall looks to me to be a lot better than last year. They've gotten some very good players back from injury on both sides of the ball and tho it's early Dalton seems to be taking that "next step".

trapezeus
09-30-2015, 01:51 PM
he doesn't doubt himself. that's the difference between ej and tyrod. not taking into account the EJ bashers who will take offense that there are any similarities to their game, what i think EJ does that makes him so inconsistent is that he hesitates. once he's out of the pocket, he doesn't know if he wants to run or pass. and he ends up with a hurried decision and a terrible pass or missed his chance to get yards. in his first season, before the cleveland game injury, he was showing some confidence and it looked like it was coming. but last year and early this preseason, it was the same timid play.

TT doesn't have that timidness. he knows he wants to throw first and keeps scanning until he fully bails. once he knows he's running, he doesn't question it. the only time he looked a little unsure was at the end of the patriots game and with his last throw that got picked off.

I also agree that it's way too early to know what kind of QB we are going to have 2 months from now. but at least we are all upbeat about it. and he seems like a good guy that you want to root for. trent and jp were the last of the guys who were a little too thickheaded that it was easy to turn on them. even fitzy was fun.

gebobs
09-30-2015, 02:10 PM
Please don't turn into another Trent Edwards.

There. I said it. Sorry.

stuckincincy
09-30-2015, 02:53 PM
Agree Bengal D will be a big test for Taylor. Their team overall looks to me to be a lot better than last year. They've gotten some very good players back from injury on both sides of the ball and tho it's early Dalton seems to be taking that "next step".

It will be an interesting test for the BUF D, too. The CIN OL is playing well enough - 2nd year C Bodine likely presents the best opportunity for Dareus to exploit. Look for Kevin Williams to suffer some payback, btw.

BUF is cautioned against man coverage on CIN's receiver mix - Dalton sees when db backs are turned and he will juke for yardage.

Look for CIN (version 2015) to keep running Hill between the tackles as well as Bernard. The CIN tackles Whitworth and Smith have been angling in on runs I don't know what the numbers are, but my impression is CIN is using their run game to try to insure that 3rd down is a yardage that allows for a short pick-up or a pass bomb.

BUF really needs to keep a sharp eye on Marvin Jones - speed enough, hands, moves. He's the perfect compliment to AJ Green.

Dalton tosses the ball high, usually. His picks are generally of the "off-the-fingertips-of-the-reciever" type. It can pay off with an int if you have a db follow behind a CIN pass pattern. The risk in moving personnel for that possibility is that their plod run games works. 3rd year Bernard and 2nd year Hill move the sticks.

Meathead
09-30-2015, 03:21 PM
just thoroughly shocking how a career college 55% guy can suddenly become a 70% guy in his first season starting. when tf does that happen?

and for his size its amazing how he can fling the ball forty yards down field right on target with a flip of his arm. he was even flat footed when he tossed that perfect sideline strike to the white flash on sunday. i think he replaced his arm with a borg implant or something

way way waaaaay exceeding expectations. bout fkn time that happened to us at that position

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-30-2015, 03:35 PM
let me redirect you guys for a second. it's almost three f***ing weeks until Cincinnati.

Mace
09-30-2015, 04:40 PM
I'd even argue against Kemp. He was a leader, for sure, but he was not a very good passer. The Bills won those championships on the backs of the defense and a ball-control ground game. When Kemp dropped back to pass, it was nearly as likely to land in an opponent's arms as it was a Bills receiver's. In an 8-team league, the best QBR he had was 5th. In 1964, a championship year, his rating was 9th. Oakland had two QBs with better QBRs.

As for QB's, the franchise has Kelly and everyone else is a distant second, barely worth mentioning.

Yeah. I wanted to make an argument for Kemp and for Ferguson (who occasionally had his moments), but I can't really. There was Kelly, guys who had their occasional moments, and varying degrees of failure.

Oh, how I still remember how the year of aged Ferguson/Joe Dufek led into the year of Vince Ferragamo & Bruce Mathison. When Kelly stepped off that plane the next year and fired a perfect pass into Ed Kilgore's midsection, I think I swooned with a gasp and had to fan myself like a southern belle, my eyelids fluttering, hand to my chest.

notacon
09-30-2015, 07:45 PM
Until Rodgers played last night.

Actually....no. Tyron is still #1 for week three....and beat out Rodgers by quite a bit...95.3 to 78. Rodgers is #9 for the week.

This is very impressive. The Total QBR takes into consideration.....

The Total Quarterback Rating is a statistical measure that incorporates the contexts and details of those throws and what they mean for wins. It's built from the team level down to the quarterback, where we understand first what each play means to the team, then give credit to the quarterback for what happened on that play based on what he contributed.

Tyron is playing lights out. There is no denying that. Whether he keeps it up, game in and game out...season after season, is what a franchise QB is all about.

kscdogbillsfan1221
10-01-2015, 06:20 AM
who's Tyron? His name is Tyrod.

Albany,n.y.
10-01-2015, 08:01 AM
just thoroughly shocking how a career college 55% guy can suddenly become a 70% guy in his first season starting. when tf does that happen?

and for his size its amazing how he can fling the ball forty yards down field right on target with a flip of his arm. he was even flat footed when he tossed that perfect sideline strike to the white flash on sunday. i think he replaced his arm with a borg implant or something

way way waaaaay exceeding expectations. bout fkn time that happened to us at that position

That's one of the reasons it's so difficult to project college players to the pros. Most college players are surrounded by teammates who will never even get into an NFL camp. If the talent around you is bad, then you'll look bad no matter how good you are-or at least your stat page will.

Also, Taylor was drafted by one of the best organizations in the NFL. While I will always maintain that a team cannot ruin a good player, like many around here believe we did to some of our former busts like JP, a team can certainly take a raw talent and through good coaching help him to improve and reach his potential. We're reaping the benefits of Baltimore's work.

feldspar
10-01-2015, 09:07 AM
Here's another thing that occurred to me. So far, Tyrod has shown insane accuracy throwing the deep ball on a go route...right in the bread basket 50-yards in the air. When Goodwin comes back, it looks like we finally have a QB that can utilize his world-class speed. That guy can get behind anyone, or help stretch the field.

Taylor has a 135.4 passer rating for balls thrown over 31-yards in the air right now.

Night Train
10-01-2015, 09:15 AM
I like the fact he doesn't remind me of all our past failures since Kelly.

He actually looks good.

BidsJr
11-09-2015, 06:47 AM
Offense obviously flowed better with Tyrod over EJ. But every time he runs I want to reach through the screen and choke him.

If he can manage to stay healthy, I think we have something.

justasportsfan
11-09-2015, 08:42 AM
I'm glad he looked of Watkins and pulled the trigger.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-09-2015, 09:25 AM
Offense obviously flowed better with Tyrod over EJ. But every time he runs I want to reach through the screen and choke him.

If he can manage to stay healthy, I think we have something.

He has three major flaws that still need correcting IMO

1) He doesn't make enough successful throws to the intermediate parts of the field. That's the sweet spot that keeps the offenses moving. If he can learn to do this, then we might have found our guy.

2) He doesn't know when to throw the ball away. There are a few times every game where he's sitting there at least two beats too long and I'm yelling at the TV to throw the football away. Some of that are the deep routes that he loves to throw, but you can tell sometimes that he doesn't really know what he's seeing and not sure where to go next. Roll out, sail the ball OOB and try again. And on the other side, know when to tuck the ball and give up. That underhanded desperation heave while Suh was swinging him around was an absolute disaster waiting to happen. It was like as soon as Suh grabbed him, you could see Tyrod thinking "Oh crap, I'm gonna get sacked out of FG range" but that was not the solution.

3) He needs to learn how to slide. When he dove headfirst on a play where we were nurturing a 16 point lead with 3 minutes left I nearly had a panic attack.

Topas
11-09-2015, 10:02 AM
3) He needs to learn how to slide. When he dove headfirst on a play where we were nurturing a 16 point lead with 3 minutes left I nearly had a panic attack.

Well, that is good news. In the past our QBs were not good enough that it really made a difference if the starter or the backup played. At least, now we have a QB that is worth keeping healthy ...
And yes, I definitely agree about the sliding part. I cant understand how the Bills always seem to not even coach the most basic things. Do you think a Bellicheck QB would do this more than once?

BidsJr
11-09-2015, 10:32 AM
He has three major flaws that still need correcting IMO

1) He doesn't make enough successful throws to the intermediate parts of the field. That's the sweet spot that keeps the offenses moving. If he can learn to do this, then we might have found our guy.

2) He doesn't know when to throw the ball away. There are a few times every game where he's sitting there at least two beats too long and I'm yelling at the TV to throw the football away. Some of that are the deep routes that he loves to throw, but you can tell sometimes that he doesn't really know what he's seeing and not sure where to go next. Roll out, sail the ball OOB and try again. And on the other side, know when to tuck the ball and give up. That underhanded desperation heave while Suh was swinging him around was an absolute disaster waiting to happen. It was like as soon as Suh grabbed him, you could see Tyrod thinking "Oh crap, I'm gonna get sacked out of FG range" but that was not the solution.

Definately agree with 2 and 3. Not sure about #1. Might just be a matter of gameplan/injuries/haven't seen enough of Tyrod yet. What I will say is I haven't seen anything that tells me he can't make an accurate intermediate throw.

starrymessenger
11-09-2015, 03:16 PM
I like Tyrod a lot but until he learns to better work the pocket to buy time and go through his progressions, make pre and post snap reads, he will be limited and only take the Bills so far. Right now he doesn't work the pocket well and some of that is on him, not the O-line. He can make some great throws from the pocket when he has a lot of time (sort of like EJ actually) but he is still way too unstable there when under pressure. He can obviously run, and he can both escape a collapsing pocket (he is elusive) and he can throw with decent accuracy and zip on the move. That's good enuf to beat a lot of teams but when things get serious late in the year the good, well coached defences (you know like the Pats for example) will seal off the edges and force Tyrod to beat them from the pocket. If he can't execute from the pocket the Bills will likely not win.
If Tyrod can develop this ability (Drew Brees is a master of the art and is 2 inches shorter than Tyrod) there will not be much if anything in the way of holes in his game. Could be awhile before we see it though, assuming we ever do.

Meathead
11-09-2015, 03:55 PM
the one thing hes bad at? sliding

slide like the white guys ty