• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mace
    Haha...yeah you think so ?
    • Mar 2013

Incognito

I wasn't in favor of signing him (I'm looking pretty wrong), but he's getting the attention that leads to all pro if he keeps it up and has learned to control himself to some extent (I saw him Doblering a couple times on replays and laughed when the whistle blew and he went all innocent "what, did you see what that guy did to me ?", dropping his arms while the defensive player kept slapping like he thought he was being attacked by a swarm of killer bees after the whistle, "Oh yeah, I'll show you.")

Props to him. Damn good signing looks like.

The latest football news, analysis, and rankings from PFF. Featuring data-driven rankings and stats for NFL, fantasy football, and the NFL Draft.
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

Re: Incognito

Heard him on the John Murphy Show tonight.

Sounds like a very mature, well spoken football player that's done a lot of growing up.

In a recent interview, he owned up to his past and said he's going to have to deal with it for the rest of his life.

In all 3 games, Richie Incognito has been the best offensive lineman for the Bills.

0 sacks yesterday.

Incognito is the leader of the Buffalo Bills offensive line.

Comment

• jimmifli
      • Nov 2006

I liked the signing right away. My criticism (along with Yardie, Spiked and others) was that betting on Richie and a draft pick to fix our guard position was a huge gamble. It looks like half of that gamble paid off. And Miller looks like he'll figure it out, but that's going to be a bumpy ride.

And we did nothing at tackle.

So, it's awesome that our low risk no cost gamble hit a jackpot, but that doesn't make our front office's Oline strategy any smarter.

Comment

• BidsJr
        • Sep 2002

=Beast
        "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• ICRockets
          Legendary Zoner
          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by jimmifli View Post
          I liked the signing right away. My criticism (along with Yardie, Spiked and others) was that betting on Richie and a draft pick to fix our guard position was a huge gamble. It looks like half of that gamble paid off. And Miller looks like he'll figure it out, but that's going to be a bumpy ride.

So, it's awesome that our low risk no cost gamble hit a jackpot, but that doesn't make our front office's Oline strategy any smarter.
          Without the low risk no cost gamble, I don't know that we'd have been able to afford the Clay offer sheet and the Dareus extension, so I'm gonna disagree with you that it wasn't a smart strategy.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by jimmifli View Post

Perfectly said. Right now it's looking like I was dead wrong on Incognito but it's not about me. Still a huge gamble by the FO.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ICRockets View Post
              Without the low risk no cost gamble, I don't know that we'd have been able to afford the Clay offer sheet and the Dareus extension, so I'm gonna disagree with you that it wasn't a smart strategy.
              Uh, if the gamble didn't pay off, we wouldn't be able to get Clay the ball and Dareus would be neutralized by being on the field 35+ minutes a game. They staked the efficacy of the Clay and Dareus moves on Incognito and a rookie on the OL and they got lucky.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• POTLAND PSILBYLO
                Asst to Dean Vernon Wormer
                • Nov 2012

He had a great block to spring karlos for the TD

Comment

• ICRockets
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Jul 2008

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                  Uh, if the gamble didn't pay off, we wouldn't be able to get Clay the ball and Dareus would be neutralized by being on the field 35+ minutes a game. They staked the efficacy of the Clay and Dareus moves on Incognito and a rookie on the OL and they got lucky.
                  Why is it luck? Are you part of the Bills pro or college scouting teams? No, you're not. So you can't tell me it's luck when the alternative is the possibility our scouts knew exactly what they were getting with both Incognito and Miller (the rookie, who has a ****ing name, you dip****).

Comment

• Ed
                    Dude
                    • Sep 2002

This argument that the Bills gambled with the OL is completely false. The team didn't go into the offseason saying we're only going to add Incognito and a rookie, and then just hope for the best. They made Bryan Bulaga a top FA target and went hard after him offering him more money than any other team, but he chose to stay in GB. We're probably lucky that didn't work out since he's on like his 3rd significant knee injury in the last 4 years. When they didn't get Bulaga they went hard after Clint Boling, but he chose to stay with his team too. There were only a few FA's that could legitimately upgrade the OL. In case you guys haven't noticed poor OL play is a league-wide issue right now. There's maybe 3-4 teams that have really solid OL's. Everyone else could use help.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

So you can't tell me it's luck when the alternative is the possibility our scouts knew exactly what they were getting with both Incognito and Miller
                      Haven't you heard ? If anyone else hired a player after a probowl year their FO is smart. If the bills hired them, they got lucky.
                      Last edited by justasportsfan; 09-29-2015, 09:15 AM.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• gebobs
                        One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Jinglefoot View Post
                        He had a great block to spring karlos for the TD
                        So did Gray. The TE took out Suh with ease.
                        Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Why is it luck? Are you part of the Bills pro or college scouting teams? No, you're not. So you can't tell me it's luck when the alternative is the possibility our scouts knew exactly what they were getting with both Incognito and Miller (the rookie, who has a ****ing name, you dip****).
                          Yeah, I can tell you it's luck because no scout is good enough to know how prepared a guy will be after a year and a half out of the league and no scout is good enough to know if a mid round rookie will start from day 1.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                            This argument that the Bills gambled with the OL is completely false. The team didn't go into the offseason saying we're only going to add Incognito and a rookie, and then just hope for the best. They made Bryan Bulaga a top FA target and went hard after him offering him more money than any other team, but he chose to stay in GB. We're probably lucky that didn't work out since he's on like his 3rd significant knee injury in the last 4 years. When they didn't get Bulaga they went hard after Clint Boling, but he chose to stay with his team too. There were only a few FA's that could legitimately upgrade the OL. In case you guys haven't noticed poor OL play is a league-wide issue right now. There's maybe 3-4 teams that have really solid OL's. Everyone else could use help.
                            Actually you just proved that it is luck. They couldn't get the guys they wanted and got lucky that the guys they were able to get have been good so far.
                            And you say that OL play is a problem league wide but the Bills found two starters in a talent vacuum? More luck.
                            Last edited by OpIv37; 09-29-2015, 10:34 AM.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The King
                              Without me it's just Awe so
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                              Yeah, I can tell you it's luck because no scout is good enough to know how prepared a guy will be after a year and a half out of the league and no scout is good enough to know if a mid round rookie will start from day 1.
                              I would say a well calculated bet is a better term. Icognito had one chance to turn the tables and resume an NFL career - actually a career in football. He proved right out of the gate to be committed and appreciative of the opportunity.

The lucky part was Miller fell to the Bills in the second round. But Whaley has proven himself as finding value in the draft.
                              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                              It was all
                              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                              He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                              mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

Working...
                              X