PDA

View Full Version : McCoy out Sunday according to SI

OpIv37
09-28-2015, 09:48 PM
http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/09/28/buffalo-bills-lesean-mccoy-hamstring-injury-new-york-giants

Karlos Williams can play but behind him it's Dixon- that's scary

BillsOwnAll
09-28-2015, 09:56 PM
It's good to get McCoy at 100% if the bills are seriously going to make a run they'll need that. And the only way to get him there is rest him for a bit. Hopefully Karlos can stay healthy and they can get through this with no harm done.

OpIv37
09-28-2015, 10:01 PM
Giants have the #2 rush D in the league and our best RB is likely out.

BillsOwnAll
09-28-2015, 10:11 PM
Ok sorry op. I know we're gonna lose 38-3 that's means.

We also have the best rushing game in the league. How many of those yards are from McCoy?

Ed
09-28-2015, 10:15 PM
That just means it's Tyrod's time to shine. He's gonna light it up. Can't wait.

Scumbag College
09-28-2015, 10:24 PM
Kinda makes me scratch my head why they let Bryce Brown go after week 1...McCoy, Karlos, and Boobie were all banged up most or all of the preseason. Brown actually played pretty well in the preseason I thought. Andre Fluellen is still on the team and I'm not sure if he's been active once, and if he has he either hasn't seen the field or hasn't done a thing out there.

Meathead
09-28-2015, 11:17 PM
if they want Bryce Brown they can have him, he still not working

ICRockets
09-28-2015, 11:20 PM
If he's not ready to go I'd much rather sit him a week and give him that time to truly heal the hammy. Even if his absence hurts us, this is a non-conference game. Perfect time to bite the bullet.

psubills62
09-28-2015, 11:47 PM
Giants had the worst run D last year in terms of YPC allowed (4.9), but are one of the best this year (3.4). I'm hoping a regression to the mean is in order here.

Doesn't seem like it's doing him or us any good to throw him out there every Sunday, so I'm fine with sitting him for the time being. Not real comfortable with Dixon as the backup, but we'll see if they mix Thigpen in here and there or whatnot.

YardRat
09-29-2015, 03:52 AM
Don't like Thigpen in the backfield at all, but it would be nice if he could have a big game on punt returns this week. Time to see what Karlos brings to the table catching balls. I feel better about KW coming in for an injured LMc than I ever did with CJ replacing FJax.

NYG may be second against the run, but they are dead last against the pass (yes, even worse than Buffalo), and they don't have a 466-yard anomaly against NE skewing the stats (356/Dallas, 363/Atlanta, 316/Washington).

Night Train
09-29-2015, 05:06 AM
I liked what I saw of practice squad RB Cierre Wood in the pre-season. 5-11 216 and ran with speed and power. They can bring him to the active roster.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-29-2015, 05:33 AM
I'm going to predict that McCoy will be out until the Cincy game. It's not like rest one week it is all fixed. Two weeks is the minimum for his kind of injury.

The biggest miss the next two games is not in terms of rushing. It is more catching passes out of the backfield. McCoy is really smooth with that and Tyrod has a nice touch (world different from EJ) on those passes. Also I noticed that they have scrapped the screen game completely with tyrod where McCoy is really good at. I don't know it is because McCoy is hurt or Tyrod is short (making it a little more difficult throw). Originally I thought our O-Line is not mobile enough for that, but Miami game showed they can do moving pockets etc.

Turf
09-29-2015, 06:00 AM
L
Don't like Thigpen in the backfield at all, but it would be nice if he could have a big game on punt returns this week. Time to see what Karlos brings to the table catching balls. I feel better about KW coming in for an injured LMc than I ever did with CJ replacing FJax.

NYG may be second against the run, but they are dead last against the pass (yes, even worse than Buffalo), and they don't have a 466-yard anomaly against NE skewing the stats (356/Dallas, 363/Atlanta, 316/Washington).

Hence their low run defense.

OpIv37
09-29-2015, 06:44 AM
Ok sorry op. I know we're gonna lose 38-3 that's means.

We also have the best rushing game in the league. How many of those yards are from McCoy?

146 out of 458 rush yards belong to McCoy. Willams has more with 186.

But, Dixon has zero. We only have 2 RB's with positive yards on the season- McCoy and Williams- and one of them is out vs the #2 rush D in the league. You don't see that as a problem? Seriously?

http://www.nfl.com/teams/statistics?team=BUF

Jimkelly12203
09-29-2015, 06:46 AM
Good. They should rest him as long as it takes. Karlos and Boobie can handle the load.

The Jokeman
09-29-2015, 07:07 AM
if they want Bryce Brown they can have him, he still not working

I'd take Brown over Goodwin at this point.

justasportsfan
09-29-2015, 08:15 AM

But, Dixon has zero. We only have 2 RB's with positive yards on the season- McCoy and Williams- and one of them is out vs the #2 rush D in the league. You don't see that as a problem? Seriously?

0 - yards and 1 TD rushing . Thats gotta some kind of record .

gebobs
09-29-2015, 08:39 AM

L
Hence their low run defense.

Another way to look at it is to see who they've played: Dallas, Atlanta, and Washington. None of these teams has an established running attack. The featured back on each team is a young, middle-round pick. As such, they are all basically pass-first offenses.

And to further exacerbate the above, each team was playing catch up. The Giants held leads of 7, 3, and 9 at half and leads of 3, 10, and 12 after three quarters. It's hardly surprising that their opponents abandoned the run.

What may be telling is that the Giants lost two of these games.

ParanoidAndroid
09-29-2015, 08:49 AM
Already put in my waiver wire request for Karlos. Looks like I need a handcuff for McCoy this season. Dropping Doug Martin as my flex. He's been a disappointment after all the talk he got. Karlos almost makes me hope we can trade McCoy's contract away in the off-season but maybe I should see how he does with a full game of carries next week. He looks like he could be an every-down back. I was hoping we could somehow get Derick Henry in the 2016 draft from Alabama, but now I'm seeing a very similarly talented guy already here.

BillsOwnAll
09-29-2015, 08:53 AM

Not nessacarily. Karlos Williams has showed me nothing to prove he can't be an excellent back in this league. And Greg Roman has proven to me he can call an excellent game. I have FAITH in the bills coaching staff to plan a game to put Williams in a spot to succed.

Is McCoy out not the ideal situation? Of course it is, but that doesn't mean it's the end of the world and automatic loss because of some stat 3 weeks into the season.

No **** we want our starting RB on the field.. No need to state that and get mad when other people think it's still possible to win without him though. Seriously .

streetkings01
09-29-2015, 09:07 AM

http://www.nfl.com/teams/statistics?team=BUF Do you always panic? I predict if McCoy sits that Los and Boobie combined will run for 125 yards +

Boobie had 432 rushing yards and 2 td on 105 carries last season , you act as if he's never had a carry in the NFL until this season. Los/Boobie is capable of grounding the Giants run defense into the ground...... R..E..L..A..X!

ghz in pittsburgh
09-29-2015, 09:08 AM
Another way to look at it is to see who they've played: Dallas, Atlanta, and Washington. None of these teams has an established running attack. The featured back on each team is a young, middle-round pick. As such, they are all basically pass-first offenses.

Washington is all about running, very poor passing game.

OpIv37
09-29-2015, 09:15 AM
Do you always panic? I predict if McCoy sits that Los and Boobie combined will run for 125 yards +

Boobie had 432 rushing yards and 2 td on 105 carries last season , you act as if he's never had a carry in the NFL until this season. Los/Boobie is capable of grounding the Giants run defense into the ground...... R..E..L..A..X!
All the carries he's had this season have been terrible. You are predicting that a rookie and a 3rd stringer with 0 yards on the season (not zero carries-zero yards because he is so unproductive) are going to put up 125 on a D that only gives up 76 yards on average. Come on.

casdhf
09-29-2015, 09:18 AM
Through 3 games

OpIv37
09-29-2015, 09:20 AM
Through 3 games

Ah I get it. So the Bills being the #1 rushing team after 3 games is meaningful but the Giants being the #2 rush D after 3 games isn't meaningful because it's only 3 games.

Bill Cody
09-29-2015, 09:24 AM
from what I've seen of Karlos Williams I'm excited to see a larger dose of him Sunday. He's scored a TD every week so far.

Meathead
09-29-2015, 09:26 AM
man the entire league must not remember bryce browns name. even with that one high profile fumble im surprised not a single team wants to give him another chance

Meathead
09-29-2015, 09:31 AM
yards per attempt is the only real meaningful stat, tho its still too early for these to be very meaningful anyway

league ranking offense

3 Bills 4.7
25 NYG 3.6

league ranking defense

4 NYG 3.4
26 Bills 4.3

ParanoidAndroid
09-29-2015, 09:32 AM

And to further exacerbate the above, each team was playing catch up. The Giants held leads of 7, 3, and 9 at half and leads of 3, 10, and 12 after three quarters. It's hardly surprising that their opponents abandoned the run.

What may be telling is that the Giants lost two of these games.

Who abandons the run with a game within one or two scores unless they were absolutely unable to move the ball on the ground? I think 3 games is a good test of how good your run defense is. BTW....The Redskins have the #4 ranked rushing offense so far this year.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-29-2015, 09:32 AM
Just my opinion. This Giants game is all about Bills D against Eli Manning and the offense. The game is not hinges on whether the Bills can run the ball on them (would be nice though). I think the Bills can do better than what Dallas defense did to the Giants in the season opener. Mark my words, Eli WILL throw jump balls. If Rex can get the team to do what they did to Tannehill, i.e. get Eli's jersey dirty, the Bills will have a great chance.

ParanoidAndroid
09-29-2015, 09:39 AM
yards per attempt is the only real meaningful stat, tho its still too early for these to be very meaningful anyway

league ranking offense

3 Bills 4.7
25 NYG 3.6

league ranking defense

4 NYG 3.4
26 Bills 4.3

Is it? I would tend to lean toward an aggregation of multiple stats discussed in terms of situational information in order to paint a more true picture. If you're looking at the Miami game where they padded their YPC average against our nickel and dime defenses in the 4th quarter down by 3 scores, I'd say that stat is just as worthless as any other by itself.

Meathead
09-29-2015, 09:43 AM
right. which is why i said the data is mostly meaningless with only three games played. not enough of a sample. by the end of the season YPA will be the most meaningful since all but the most extreme teams have a balanced pass/run ratio. the exception might be a team with a super elite qb like the cheaters (who is really really good, also a cheating ass hole) whose average might be higher bc they run a lot less so defenses are mostly prepared to defend the pass

ParanoidAndroid
09-29-2015, 09:45 AM
Ah I get it. So the Bills being the #1 rushing team after 3 games is meaningful but the Giants being the #2 rush D after 3 games isn't meaningful because it's only 3 games.

Yep. That's exactly how it works if you take multiple posts and attribute them to one entity. This gets done all the time. "Oh! Look at how hypocritical Bills fans are because one guy said this and another guy said this." It doesn't work like that.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-29-2015, 09:48 AM
In the terms of the Directv vs Cable commercial, we need to produce the cable version of Eli Manning this Sunday. I do caution that Rex vs Coughlin is not a good match up. Seems like Coughlin getting Rex's blitz scheme fairly well. In fact Rex has never beaten Coughlin in New York.

ParanoidAndroid
09-29-2015, 09:50 AM
right. which is why i said the data is mostly meaningless with only three games played. not enough of a sample. by the end of the season YPA will be the most meaningful since all but the most extreme teams have a balanced pass/run ratio. the exception might be a team with a super elite qb like the cheaters (who is really really good, also a cheating ass hole) whose average might be higher bc they run a lot less so defenses are mostly prepared to defend the pass

Exactly. Which is why a single stat in a vacuum doesn't work. I'm agreeing with you and going farther to say that even that single stat doesn't do it.

trapezeus
09-29-2015, 09:51 AM
Giants had the worst run D last year in terms of YPC allowed (4.9), but are one of the best this year (3.4). I'm hoping a regression to the mean is in order here.

Doesn't seem like it's doing him or us any good to throw him out there every Sunday, so I'm fine with sitting him for the time being. Not real comfortable with Dixon as the backup, but we'll see if they mix Thigpen in here and there or whatnot.

look at their pass d....i think teams are having success in the air and limiting their running more than anything else. i think non conference game plus a game where throwing might be manageable is a reason for the rest this week

gebobs
09-29-2015, 09:53 AM
Who abandons the run with a game within one or two scores unless they were absolutely unable to move the ball on the ground?
Thus my first point. No established running attack on any of these teams.

I think 3 games is a good test of how good your run defense is.
I disagree. In this case, likely not. What's more probable, that a team cuts it's rushing YPGA in half from one season to the next or three games is a premature measure?

BTW....The Redskins have the #4 ranked rushing offense so far this year.
And we have the #1. Three games is not enough to go solely by statistics. There's too much noise. The Bills' running game, aside from a few long runs by Williams, has not been all that impressive. Nearly a quarter of the yards are from Taylor.

Uncle Jesse
09-29-2015, 09:55 AM
http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/09/28/buffalo-bills-lesean-mccoy-hamstring-injury-new-york-giants

Karlos Williams can play but behind him it's Dixon- that's scary

Dixon isn't a RB. Giving him carries is a waste unless it's literally on the goaline. I'd rather promote Wood off the PS and let him get real carries behind Williams over Dixon.

gebobs
09-29-2015, 09:58 AM
Washington is all about running, very poor passing game.
Not much to their running game either. Their offense is awful. Their defense is abysmal. We'll blow them out. Utterly. It will be epic.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-29-2015, 10:15 AM
Not much to their running game either. Their offense is awful. Their defense is abysmal. We'll blow them out. Utterly. It will be epic.

Look at the 'Skins' first two games, they ran on Miami 1st half, able to get ahead before Miami's D shut it down the 2nd half. They ran on the Rams and was able to win. But Giants shut their run game down. I only saw here and there of the 'Skins' games I think they have a better O-Line than us.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-29-2015, 10:19 AM
I disagree. In this case, likely not. What's more probable, that a team cuts it's rushing YPGA in half from one season to the next or three games is a premature measure?

To add to that, even if you were all-in on the Giants run D, who would you attribute the change to? Their best DL has approximately 75% of his fingers and is accordingly not playing, they lost their top 3 safeties to injury already. Spagnuolo?

IlluminatusUIUC
09-29-2015, 10:22 AM
Although, I have to admit it concerns me that McCoy's injury is significant enough that they just ruled him out on Tuesday morning.

gebobs
09-29-2015, 10:28 AM
Look at the 'Skins' first two games, they ran on Miami 1st half, able to get ahead before Miami's D shut it down the 2nd half. They ran on the Rams and was able to win. But Giants shut their run game down. I only saw here and there of the 'Skins' games I think they have a better O-Line than us.
Mark my words. They will be middle of the road at best by the time we play them unless they completely abandon all hope of winning and stick with the run.

MillsapsBillsFan
09-29-2015, 11:08 AM
Although, I have to admit it concerns me that McCoy's injury is significant enough that they just ruled him out on Tuesday morning.

Im not sure it has to do with the significance. He wouldnt have practiced all week (like he hasnt all season), so I think they were just confirming that he wouldnt play. They see a weaker schedule coming up along with Karlos playing well so they want him healthy now rather than trying to play him at 80% over and over again.

TheBrownBear
09-29-2015, 11:27 AM
Already put in my waiver wire request for Karlos. Looks like I need a handcuff for McCoy this season. Dropping Doug Martin as my flex. He's been a disappointment after all the talk he got. Karlos almost makes me hope we can trade McCoy's contract away in the off-season but maybe I should see how he does with a full game of carries next week. He looks like he could be an every-down back. I was hoping we could somehow get Derick Henry in the 2016 draft from Alabama, but now I'm seeing a very similarly talented guy already here.

Did the same, but dropped Abdullah. Detroit just seems committed to never running the ball. Going to roll with Williams this week and then hopefully Arian Foster will be ready for week 5.

casdhf
09-29-2015, 01:12 PM
At least we have gotten more out of Shady than the Eagles out of Kiko.

ICRockets
09-29-2015, 02:44 PM

Well we know you don't see it as a problem. For you, it's just one more opportunity to predict that we get blown out so you can look like a jackass on Monday.

OpIv37
09-29-2015, 03:01 PM
Well we know you don't see it as a problem. For you, it's just one more opportunity to predict that we get blown out so you can look like a jackass on Monday.

Ah, the old "I have no legitimate counter for that so I'll just make it personal." Gotta love it.

The Jokeman
09-29-2015, 03:07 PM

I think it's reporters just reading into Rex's answers if he'd consider resting him and he said yes. Although Rex did also mentioned it be up to doctors etc. Personally, I think McCoy will be in the mix unless our trainers think he just can't go or it's better for him to rest.

Ed
09-29-2015, 03:17 PM
With only 2 other RB's available they might as well keep McCoy active and dressed for the game even if he doesn't play. Keep the Giants on their toes and McCoy available for emergency.

ICRockets
09-29-2015, 05:15 PM
Ah, the old "I have no legitimate counter for that so I'll just make it personal." Gotta love it.

I shared my opinion on the first page. Go **** yourself.

stuckincincy
09-30-2015, 10:28 AM
With only 2 other RB's available they might as well keep McCoy active and dressed for the game even if he doesn't play. Keep the Giants on their toes and McCoy available for emergency.

They might do that, just for that reason.

I think they might put Harvin in the backfield time to time - pass catching, probably not running.

justasportsfan
09-30-2015, 10:36 AM
Who cares if they can stop the run. The Giants' biggest problem is having no pass rush. Taylor could have a huge day if they can't get to him even without Watkins.

Mad Bomber
09-30-2015, 12:50 PM

All 3 teams the Giants have played were very pass-heavy against them:
Cowboys - 23 rush, 45 pass
Falcons - 22 rush, 46 pass
Redskins - 20 rush, 49 pass

Forward_Lateral
09-30-2015, 01:18 PM
What's Montee Ball doing

IlluminatusUIUC
09-30-2015, 02:54 PM
What's Montee Ball doing

That's a great question. I would totally kick the tires.

MillsapsBillsFan
10-01-2015, 03:49 PM
Dont understand why they arent at least bringing up the RB from the practice squad. You could always cut one of the D Lineman thats been inactive the whole year

Ed
10-01-2015, 04:08 PM
Dont understand why they arent at least bringing up the RB from the practice squad. You could always cut one of the D Lineman thats been inactive the whole year
Probably because they expect McCoy to be back next week and they don't want to have to cut a player just so they can have a 3rd RB for one game.

Night Train
10-01-2015, 04:14 PM
What's Montee Ball doing

Practicing the same thing Bryce Brown is working on.

Not fumbling.

swiper
10-01-2015, 05:06 PM
I shared my opinion on the first page. Go **** yourself.

Now try and tell us you didn't just make it personal too, you fat idiot.

MillsapsBillsFan
10-02-2015, 12:34 PM
Probably because they expect McCoy to be back next week and they don't want to have to cut a player just so they can have a 3rd RB for one game.

Well they cut Andre Fluellen (A DL that hasnt been active for any game) and promoted Cierre Wood (from the PS). So I guess they decided the 3rd RB was more important. Guess I was too early in asking why they werent doing that

Ed
10-02-2015, 12:43 PM
Well they cut Andre Fluellen (A DL that hasnt been active for any game) and promoted Cierre Wood (from the PS). So I guess they decided the 3rd RB was more important. Guess I was too early in asking why they werent doing that
Where did you see that? Fluellen was the guy I assumed would get cut when Dareus returned from suspension. They should have just cut him instead of Bryce Brown in the first place. I'm surprised they like Cierre Wood better than Brown.

Never mind. Just saw a tweet from the Bills.