X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DesertFox24
    • Jul 2005

2016 OC

I love what Roman is doing and he was guy I was highly interested in as a HC before we hired Rex. Seeing how he has made our offense competent for the first time this millennium I have to assume he will be gone, meaning he will be a HC next year. My guess is Redskins to try one more time to get something from RG3. That being said do we have anyone else on the staff that you guys feel could run this type of offense as successfully as him. David Lee is smart but I don't think he is OC material, Sparano is too young for me, Sanjay Lal maybe???, Kromer no for me, Palmer way to old, Lynn might be the guy. I guess my thing is he will have the playbook and in depth knowledge of who what where when and why, but I doubt it will be as good. I know this is putting the cart before the horse but it would be nice to have two or three years in the same system instead of constantly getting new coordinators.
  • MillsapsBillsFan
    • Mar 2015

Re: 2016 OC

I think that Pegula should throw money at him and get him to stay. He's worth every penny.

If he does end up leaving I dont see anyone on the staff to replace him, they would have to hire someone from outside.

Comment

• elltrain22
      • Sep 2003

Greg Roman is going to the Dolphins HC next year. I hope I'm wrong, but I see Philbin getting canned, and the Phins grossly overpaying for him.
      If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
        Making Spirits Bright
        • Mar 2006

Well hopefully teams with head coaching vacancies won't be willing to wait until after the Superbowl to talk to a potential head coaching candidate.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
          Legendary Zoner
          • May 2009

Originally posted by elltrain22 View Post
          Greg Roman is going to the Dolphins HC next year. I hope I'm wrong, but I see Philbin getting canned, and the Phins grossly overpaying for him.
          No. Bills will overpay to keep him.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
            • Sep 2012

Lets not jump the gun here. He was a hot HC candidate after the Super Bowl too, and then Kaepernick regressed. We can worry about that once our offense sustains itself for the season.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
              My IQ Test results came back negative
              • Oct 2002

I don't get how people are worried about this in week 4 of a so far promising season. The offseason sucks so bad. Let's enjoy the little season the NFL is.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                • Mar 2004

It's been 3 weeks. I think it's a little premature to assume Roman will bolt for a HC job.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                  Making Spirits Bright
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by BillsOwnAll View Post
                  I don't get how people are worried about this in week 4 of a so far promising season. The offseason sucks so bad. Let's enjoy the little season the NFL is.
                  It's funny, because this is just the way Bills fan have become accustomed to thinking.

"Oh is something good happening? How is this going to screw us over in the future?"

You can see it already with people talking about having to pay Tyrod if he keeps up his pace. I was watching some NFL show on ESPN before the season started and they were talking about potential new head coaching candidates when the season was over. They didn't mention Roman and I didn't know whether to be happy that he's flying under the radar or mad because he's not getting the respect he should be getting (I assumed our offense was going to take a step forward). It's the life of being a Bills fan.

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
                    My IQ Test results came back negative
                    • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
                    It's funny, because this is just the way Bills fan have become accustomed to thinking.

"Oh is something good happening? How is this going to screw us over in the future?"

You can see it already with people talking about having to pay Tyrod if he keeps up his pace. I was watching some NFL show on ESPN before the season started and they were talking about potential new head coaching candidates when the season was over. They didn't mention Roman and I didn't know whether to be happy that he's flying under the radar or mad because he's not getting the respect he should be getting (I assumed our offense was going to take a step forward). It's the life of being a Bills fan.
                    It's crazy isn't it. I wait 8 months for football season. We had one of the most exciting offseason in recent memory as we hired rexy and got to hate goodell and Brady more than ever. But this is the bills best chance to make the playoffs in years and years and people wanna talk about the offseason? Whatttt?

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                      Making Spirits Bright
                      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by BillsOwnAll View Post
                      It's crazy isn't it. I wait 8 months for football season. We had one of the most exciting offseason in recent memory as we hired rexy and got to hate goodell and Brady more than ever. But this is the bills best chance to make the playoffs in years and years and people wanna talk about the offseason? Whatttt?
                      Haha, yup. I'm going to try to enjoy the ride, at least for as long as it lasts.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by elltrain22 View Post
                        Greg Roman is going to the Dolphins HC next year. .
                        I don't think so. They are hiring the OL coach from Jax for HC and the JAx Qb coach to be their OC.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• bleve
                          • Mar 2005

How about we beat the Giants first.
                          "You can't be a real country unless you have beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need beer."
                          ~ Frank Zappa

Comment

• Jimkelly12203
                            • Jun 2015

He's going to be a hot commodity every year for vacancies. Our job is to pay him based on his performance, which so far looks like he needs to get a raise.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                            I don't think so. They are hiring the OL coach from Jax for HC and the JAx Qb coach to be their OC.
                            we can only dream...
                            All Hail Josh Allen! Savior of the Buffalo Bills!

Freedom for the Ukraine. Down with Putin and every traitor in this country that supports him.

Comment

• DesertFox24
                              • Jul 2005

I understand it is very premature and hey may not happen. My question was if he does leave which I personally think he will if our offense continues to be a top 10 unit. Going back to my question was does anyone on this staff have the ability to run this same offense. I personally love this offense and have always liked it while he was in San Fran. I live in Reno nv and got to watch a lot of their games while he was their. What I don't want is to change the offense if he leaves which will potentially screw up Tyrod and the offense. I know he will not be here to call plays but I am personally concerned that the current offense staff are not capable of running his offense.

Again this is a very premature and hopefully does not happen but it is something we do need to be cognizant of. One reason Brady and Aaron Rogers are so good is they have been In same offense for so long and have mastered it

Comment

Working...
                              X