Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IlluminatusUIUC
    • Sep 2012

Aaron Rodgers throws 5 TD passes, earns negative grade from Pro Football Focus

The latest football news, analysis, and rankings from PFF. Featuring data-driven rankings and stats for NFL, fantasy football, and the NFL Draft.

Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers ended last night’s game with a -0.8 grade overall. This isn’t a bad game, just because the number begins with a minus, but it is an average grade very close to zero for a player who threw five touchdown passes, which seems crazy on the face of it. It’s not.

On the surface, Rodgers’ raw statistics paint the picture of one of the best games of the season. 333 passing yards, five touchdown passes, no interceptions, a 138.5 passer rating; Rodgers’ should be supplanting Carson Palmer in our team of the week as the top quarterback, not earning a grade with a minus in front of it, right?
    Another reason I don't use or pay attention to PFF ratings.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!
  • gebobs
    One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
    • Sep 2003

Re: Aaron Rodgers throws 5 TD passes, earns negative grade from Pro Football Focus

Also: "While Miami’s big-money free agent has been an easy target during the team’s 1-2 start—including a blowout loss to Buffalo in Week 3—he’s actually our No. 6-graded defensive tackle through three weeks, and the top-performing player on the team."

Good grief! #6? He was invisible on Sunday and ineffective at Jax too.
    Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Re: Aaron Rodgers throws 5 TD passes, earns negative grade from Pro Football Focus

lol...
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
        https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...egative-grade/

Another reason I don't use or pay attention to PFF ratings.
        That explanation is complete crap.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

What a complete joke.

RIP PFF.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• RandolphDuke
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
            What a complete joke.

RIP PFF.
            Not so fast! I didn't even know that PFF was a thing until this ****ty article came out. Now I know. That's a start, right?

Comment

• BillsImpossible
              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by RandolphDuke View Post
              Not so fast! I didn't even know that PFF was a thing until this ****ty article came out. Now I know. That's a start, right?

Through three games, #Bills CB Ronald Darby is only allowing a 31.8 QB rating when thrown at, per @PFF. Best in the league.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                That explanation is complete crap.
                I thought it was an interesting read because they don't rate a player based on their overall stats, they judge each play on an individual basis as a plus, negative, or zero.

Stats lie, as Mark Twain once said, so PFF gives an interesting perspective based on every single play a player makes instead of the entire body of work.

The entire body of work are statistics, helped by other players on the team.

A players statistics reflect the team as a whole more than the individual player.

I think it's a kind of cool and interesting new way to look at a players performance.

Comment

• Lucidvizion
                  Surfing on the Edge of Infinity
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
                  https://twitter.com/Rand_Getlin/stat...53970778443776

Through three games, #Bills CB Ronald Darby is only allowing a 31.8 QB rating when thrown at, per @PFF. Best in the league.
                  And to think there were people here who wanted him cut during preseason.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                    • Jul 2002

I got on the guy's case for saying Tannehill was thoroughly outplayed by a career backup. Ironically I said he must have thought Aaron Rodgers was a career backup when he replaced Favre. He replied with some nonsense that Tyrod was a 6th round pick & stated his cap # is less than $1 million, like a cap number defines a career backup.

The latest football news, analysis, and rankings from PFF. Featuring data-driven rankings and stats for NFL, fantasy football, and the NFL Draft.
                    Last edited by Albany,n.y.; 09-29-2015, 05:39 PM.

Comment

• Lucidvizion
                      Surfing on the Edge of Infinity
                      • Feb 2005

I guess with that logic Tom Brady is a career backup

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                        • Mar 2013

When Joe Buscaglia used to work for WGR, he would grade each player's performance on a play by play basis in basically the same way PFF is doing.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Lucidvizion View Post
                          And to think there were people here who wanted him cut during preseason.
                          Darby has been excellent for the Bills.

Just like at Florida State, quarterbacks don't want to throw his way.

Luck, Brady and Tannehill.

Not bad for a rookie.

Comment

• Mace
                            Haha...yeah you think so ?
                            • Mar 2013

I thought it was an interesting read because they don't rate a player based on their overall stats, they judge each play on an individual basis as a plus, negative, or zero.

Stats lie, as Mark Twain once said, so PFF gives an interesting perspective based on every single play a player makes instead of the entire body of work.

The entire body of work are statistics, helped by other players on the team.

A players statistics reflect the team as a whole more than the individual player.

I think it's a kind of cool and interesting new way to look at a players performance.
                            I sort of agree, but it looks pretty silly in this case, no matter.

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

https://twitter.com/Rand_Getlin/stat...53970778443776

He's allowing a 0.0 QB rating when not being thrown at, per YRFF.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X