PDA

View Full Version : We will be favorites in the next six games

Skooby
09-29-2015, 07:09 PM
This is hard to fathom but we should probably win them as well, this is really an odd situation.

Goobylal
09-29-2015, 07:10 PM
Barring injuries, I agree. (knocks on wood)

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-29-2015, 08:04 PM
Not so sure about the cincy game. Other than that I can potentially see that

thenry20
09-29-2015, 08:40 PM
Not so sure about the cincy game. Other than that I can potentially see that

Totally agree. They're the best team in that lineup so far. We can't look past the Giants though; Cruz is going to play this week.

Ed
09-29-2015, 09:00 PM
If the Bengals knock off the Chiefs and Seahawks to get to 5-0 I would expect them to be favored, but I hope they do win both those games. It would make for a great game if the Bills have the chance to beat an undefeated first place team at the Ralph.

Can't overlook the Giants, but losing to them would be a pretty big letdown.

Shiny Chicken
09-29-2015, 09:12 PM
On fivethirtyeight's ELO ratings, Buffalo is favored in all but three games for the rest of the season: @NE, @KC, and @PHI. And KC and PHI are only slight favorites. Weird.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2015-nfl-predictions/

Skooby
09-29-2015, 09:14 PM
If the Bengals knock off the Chiefs and Seahawks to get to 5-0 I would expect them to be favored, but I hope they do win both those games. It would make for a great game if the Bills have the chance to beat an undefeated first place team at the Ralph.

Can't overlook the Giants, but losing to them would be a pretty big letdown.

They're probably going to lose one of those 2, that's why I figured we'd be favorites.

Ed
09-29-2015, 09:27 PM
They're probably going to lose one of those 2, that's why I figured we'd be favorites.
Maybe, but I think the Bengals are looking pretty good right now. They're probably one of the most well rounded teams with no real weaknesses and they seem to have a lot of confidence and momentum going for them. I don't see them losing to the Chiefs, but I'm curious to see them play Seattle. The Seahawks will be traveling east for an early game after playing Monday night though, so I wouldn't be surprised if Cincy has the edge.

Skooby
09-29-2015, 09:31 PM
On fivethirtyeight's ELO ratings, Buffalo is favored in all but three games for the rest of the season: @NE, @KC, and @PHI. And KC and PHI are only slight favorites. Weird.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2015-nfl-predictions/

It's shocking actually.

Mr. Miyagi
09-30-2015, 07:38 AM

Not likely. The Bungles will turn back into a pumpkin this week. It's Marvin Lewis' team. They don't handle success well.

gebobs
09-30-2015, 08:17 AM
Just for sheets and giggles, I ran 10 simulations at whatifsports.com.

Bengals won 8. Average score: 23-15.

Sheets, but no giggles.

trapezeus
09-30-2015, 08:19 AM
i'm too cautious to think about next 6 games. this one is huge. if we beat the giants and are 3-1, we are on the right path. no matter if it is a close game or a blowout.

if we come out 2-2, it will be a big letdown. If they expect to be a playoff team, losing at home to a team that keeps settling for fieldgoals when they have teams on the ropes is a sign of a dick jauron team. to lose to the giants would be a sign that something significant is wrong. We have enough talent even with our injuries this week to be able to beat them.

This is on the coaches to show us their worth and how much faith we can put in them.

feldspar
09-30-2015, 08:37 AM
We can't look past the Giants.

The Giants really should be 3-0 right now, ask me. They should have beaten the Falcons and a healthy Cowboys team, except for some crazy **** at the end of both games.

Definitely can't overlook them.

trapezeus
09-30-2015, 09:12 AM
The Giants really should be 3-0 right now, ask me. They should have beaten the Falcons and a healthy Cowboys team, except for some crazy **** at the end of both games.

Definitely can't overlook them.

disagree on the cowboys. the cowboys were gifting them that game in the first half. and they kicked fieldgoals. the redskins, a bad team, were in that game for too long. it looks like a bills team we've rooted for a couple of times under a couple different coaches for the last 10 years. when you have a team on the ropes, finish them. and the giants are struggling to do that. hopefully it continues.

stuckincincy
09-30-2015, 10:37 AM
Tough game to handicap : BUF against CIN in prime time.

BUF has been less-than-distinguished, and Head-Coach-For-Life Marvin Lewis chimes in at 6 wins and 15 losses (not counting his 0 - 5 playoff record). :kid:

psubills62
09-30-2015, 10:59 AM
I'm seeing Buffalo at -5.5 right now for Sunday's game. Solid.

HAMMER
09-30-2015, 11:55 AM
Don't start looking ahead six games, you will likely get disappointed.