Would You Feel Safe Parking Your Car In Downtown Buffalo For A Bills Game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

Would You Feel Safe Parking Your Car In Downtown Buffalo For A Bills Game?

Yeh or nay?
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Would You Feel Safe Parking Your Car In Downtown Buffalo For A Bills Game?

Oh please.

My wife used to work for Balt city schools and had to go to some god awful neighborhoods to meet with parents or visit schools. Her Acura got broken into once in 5 years, and it happened in Federal Hill, which is full of hipsters and trust fund college kids.

Unless you have a Jets, Fish, Pats, Bruins or Leafs sticker on your car, you shouldn't be afraid to park at a Bills game, whether its in the burbs or downtown. This is just sheltered white paranoia.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Famous Amos
      • Jul 2013

I lived on the west side for two years near Fargo and Pennsylvania and my car was broken into twice and keyed once. Also, I was watching my sisters car while he was away on her honeymoon and her car got keyed. Its certainly not the most hospitable place.
      "Hate is a lack of imagination."
      -Graham Greene

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Seriously?
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

there are parking garages you know.

Comment

• POTLAND PSILBYLO
            Asst to Dean Vernon Wormer
            • Nov 2012

I remember my dad paying black guys on the east side for protection when parking at the rock pile. So there you have it. Small business entrepreneurs will fill the niche

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
              • Apr 2005

I would NOT have any type of Bills stuff on my car if I were going to the Eagles-Bills game in Philly this year. My buddy lived there and became a phillies fan. He went to a game when the Mets happend to be in town, and he still had his New York license plate on the car. When he got back his car was destroyed. Windshield wipers broke, windows smashed and I think keyed as well. I just wouldn't go to an Eagles game as a fan of an opposing team period. They are complete a$$holes

Comment

• gebobs
                One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                • Sep 2003

It's Buffalo, not Beirut. I've never felt the least bit of danger walking through Buffalo, let alone leaving my car on the street.
                Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman View Post
                  I would NOT have any type of Bills stuff on my car if I were going to the Eagles-Bills game in Philly this year. My buddy lived there and became a phillies fan. He went to a game when the Mets happend to be in town, and he still had his New York license plate on the car. When he got back his car was destroyed. Windshield wipers broke, windows smashed and I think keyed as well. I just wouldn't go to an Eagles game as a fan of an opposing team period. They are complete a$$holes
                  When I lived in Long Island in the 1980s I went to 2 Eagles-Bills games in Philadelphia and after I moved to Albany I was in LI for Thanksgiving and went to an Eagles-Giants game in Philly in 1990 before going home. I never considered that my car would be in any danger with NY plates & nothing happened. Now I never put any bumper stickers of any kind on my car because there's always going to be some nut who will disagree with anything you put on your bumper.
                  The worst thing that ever happened to my car in an opposing lot was I once came out of a Patriots-Bills game in NE and someone stuck a Patriots bumper sticker lightly over my NY plate in the back-it came right off & I drove home with no other problems.
                  BTW: The worst thing that ever happened to my car occurred in Buffalo. I was living in the town of Tonawanda right over the city line & when 11/1 hit I couldn't park my car in the street. So I parked it in Riverside Park & the next day all my windows were smashed.
                  Last edited by Albany,n.y.; 10-01-2015, 10:16 AM.

Comment

• gebobs
                    One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
                    I was living in the town of Tonawanda right over the city line & when 11/1 hit I couldn't park my car in the street.
                    Was that a snowstorm?

I can only think of two times that any car of mine was vandalized. First was my ex-wife. She was pissed about something when we were getting divorced about 20 years ago and bent the aerial on my Cutlass Ciera. It was an improvement.

Here in East Cobb about 10 years ago, someone keyed my Volvo right by my Darwin fish. Worn with pride. Thanks!
                    Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
                      Was that a snowstorm?

I can only think of two times that any car of mine was vandalized. First was my ex-wife. She was pissed about something when we were getting divorced about 20 years ago and bent the aerial on my Cutlass Ciera. It was an improvement.

Here in East Cobb about 10 years ago, someone keyed my Volvo right by my Darwin fish. Worn with pride. Thanks!
                      No storm-You couldn't park on the streets in the Town of Tonawanda overnight starting 11/1 because of potential snow removal-storm or no storm. That was in 1980, but I'm guessing the ban is still in effect starting next month.

I once had a car stolen from a parking lot in the apartment complex I lived in in Oakdale, LI, NY in 1987. I went out one morning & it was gone. 2 days later a cop shows up at my door & tells me I have to go get my car 20 miles away. I called a friend who drove me to my car-the steering wheel lock was gone, there were scratches around the door lock that they opened (pretty easily-didn't even damage the lock getting it to pop on my 1986 Mazda 323) and cigarette burns in the seats. They left some change, a pair of binoculars, a baseball bat and some mace. I think they were robbing some place and had left the car and when they saw the cop who found my car sitting there they ran away. The cop let me keep all the items they left in the car except for the mace, which he took.
                      Last edited by Albany,n.y.; 10-01-2015, 12:04 PM.

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
                        • Aug 2013

lol what I live in the city and have never had a single problem

The phobia people have of the city is very outdated and always catches me offguard. This isn't the Buffalo of the '90s and '80s.

Now I mean don't go leaving your keys in the car in Riverside or parts of the East Side. Some parts are rough for sure, but most of the city is fine.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                          • May 2009

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
                          Yeh or nay?
                          I park my truck in downtown Buffalo all the time. It sat there untouched for 8 hours on Sunday.

Comment

• Mace
                            Haha...yeah you think so ?
                            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Famous Amos View Post
                            I lived on the west side for two years near Fargo and Pennsylvania and my car was broken into twice and keyed once. Also, I was watching my sisters car while he was away on her honeymoon and her car got keyed. Its certainly not the most hospitable place.
                            That's pretty far from Downtown though (I lived on Fargo near Hampshire a while at the other end).

Besides drunken college kids around Chippewa, Buffalo doesn't have much of a downtown crime rate, because there's nothing much going on in huge parts of downtown Buffalo, and where there is newer stuff going on, there's a huge police presence and criminal element has to go pretty far out of it's way to get there, really.

You can believe there'd be huge police presence for something like a Bills game, lot attendants, etc.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                              Escaped Convict
                              • Jul 2002

This is an excellent thread. We all know there are thousands of reports of Sabres fans being raped and murdered and having their cars stolen and vandalized at every home game.

And by that I mean there are zero reports.

This is a stupid thread even by BillsImpossible standards.

Comment

Working...
                              X