PDA

View Full Version : McCoy, Watkins, and Miller likely OUT vs. Giants

Ed
10-01-2015, 02:43 PM
I didn't expect McCoy or Miller to play this week, but I thought Watkins would. He missed practice again though. I'm not worried about Miller since he's had his ups and downs, and Urbik seemed to grade out better against the fins. McCoy and Watkins haven't been super productive yet, but they draw a lot of attention. Looks like a good week for Robert Woods to step it up. It will be interesting to see how the offense performs if they're down three starters.

Bills head coach Rex Ryan said it wasn’t looking promising for three of his offensive starters to be ready to return to the lineup Sunday against the Giants. All three were unable to practice for a second straight day on Thursday.
LeSean McCoy, John Miller and Sammy Watkins all sat out practice putting their availability for Sunday in further doubt. Ryan was asked if he doesn’t think McCoy or Watkins will play.
“We don’t want to say out,” said Ryan. “But yeah, I mean you guys can figure it out. They haven’t practiced the whole week and all that stuff. But there is that chance (they play).”
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2015/10/01/mccoy-miller-watkins-all-sidelined-thursday/

emoulds80
10-01-2015, 10:22 PM
I didn't expect McCoy or Miller to play this week, but I thought Watkins would. He missed practice again though. I'm not worried about Miller since he's had his ups and downs, and Urbik seemed to grade out better against the fins. McCoy and Watkins haven't been super productive yet, but they draw a lot of attention. Looks like a good week for Robert Woods to step it up. It will be interesting to see how the offense performs if they're down three starters.http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2015/10/01/mccoy-miller-watkins-all-sidelined-thursday/Goodwin, urbik and williams/dixon/thigpen...we have solid depth. a good team is going to suffer a few injuries, bills have no excuse.

Ed
10-02-2015, 12:04 AM
Goodwin, urbik and williams/dixon/thigpen...we have solid depth. a good team is going to suffer a few injuries, bills have no excuse.
I think Goodwin is still injured, but we'll probably see a lot more of Chris Hogan.

Topas
10-02-2015, 01:12 AM
Actually I think missing Miller hurts the most, although he is the worst player of the three...

casdhf
10-02-2015, 06:33 AM
Urbick will be fine. It's not like the Giants DL is a power force.

trapezeus
10-02-2015, 06:50 AM
who likes injuries? but finally the bills have some depth where the leon joe's of the world aren't being signed or asking others to elevate.

frankly i think robert woods is going to have the best day of the receivers. he was good last year with orton.

Mahdi
10-02-2015, 06:54 AM
who likes injuries? but finally the bills have some depth where the leon joe's of the world aren't being signed or asking others to elevate.

frankly i think robert woods is going to have the best day of the receivers. he was good last year with orton.

Yeah, Woods and Harvin on the outside with Hogan in the slot should be just fine.

Also have Deonte Thompson who was good in preaseason.

Ed
10-02-2015, 09:15 AM
Yeah, Woods and Harvin on the outside with Hogan in the slot should be just fine.

Also have Deonte Thompson who was good in preaseason.

Deonte Thompson didn't make the team. I think he got an injury settlement. I'd like to see Marcus Easley get some reps though. He always seems to make plays in preseason and then doesn't get much of chance during the regular season.

DraftBoy
10-02-2015, 11:06 AM
Watkins and McCoy have both been officially ruled out now...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bills-mccoy-watkins-ruled-game-against-giants-185232670--nfl.html

OpIv37
10-02-2015, 11:14 AM
Actually I think missing Miller hurts the most, although he is the worst player of the three...

Agreed. We'd be better off with Watkins and McCoy, but we have other guys at those positions who can play. G- I'm not so sure.

Night Train
10-02-2015, 03:06 PM
Thank God for decent depth.

Something this team didn't have for years.