• Show
Clear All
  • Mike
    • Jan 2009

NFL Officiating Blows!!!

Cards Recover Funball inside the 10
    on a play just like Woods Fumble
    ... Called No Fumble on Field & Not Reviewable

Between the rule changes, officiating and game time vs commercials this product is beginning to become more like WWF.

Hope this Happens in a Super Bowl and a the deserving team loses on a competition BS call/bad officiating.
    this product is becoming an embarrassment
    Last edited by Mike; 10-04-2015, 04:39 PM.
    Please Make Sense
  • Mr. Pink
    Peterman Sucks!
    • Mar 2006

Re: NFL Officiating Blows!!!

Didn't see that play but the reason why the Woods play wasn't dead and a fumble is because he was still going forward.

Forward progress isn't stopped when you're still moving forward.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
      • Nov 2007

I believe we deserved most of our penalties, but I didn't think the game was called the same way for both teams is my only complaint. The push off from clay was done earlier by I believe by beck ham with no call.
      I came.
      I saw.
      I conquered.

Comment

• Mike
        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
        Didn't see that play but the reason why the Woods play wasn't dead and a fumble is because he was still going forward.

Forward progress isn't stopped when you're still moving forward.
        both plays were a fumble because runner was fighting for yards

difference is that referees called it differently

and it wasn't reviewable
        Please Make Sense

Comment

• Mike
          • Jan 2009

As a whole officiating is inconsistent

It's becoming like the NBA
          Please Make Sense

Comment

• Buffalogic
            Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
            • Feb 2006

Woods should have just run out of bounds. No idea what he was thinking there he had a first down and we needed to stop the clock. Dumb mistake.

Comment

• yordad
              • Dec 2007

Woods definitely fumbled. It was the two push offs, and weak holding calls (against our offense and defense) that was BS. Oh, and their waved late hits and at least one unsportsman penalty that was BS.
              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• DynaPaul
                • Sep 2003

And the non-chop block.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

When the refs make a difference in a teams outcome, your team sucks.

I will say this though, didn't a ref warn a pats player about lining up in the wrong place during a fg attempt which would have been a flag? Bills didn't get that warning which gave the Giants a 1st down.
                  Last edited by justasportsfan; 10-04-2015, 08:06 PM.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mike
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                    When the refs make a difference in a teams outcome, your team sucks.

I will say this though, didn't a ref warn a pats player about lining up in the wrong place during a fg attempt which would have been a flag? Bills didn't get that warning which gave the Giants a 1st down.
                    1) I agree with this premise, problem is that in a league of Parity the officiating is making a difference in outcome for most games.

2) Call it a self fulfilling prophecy, but the Bills are quickly earning the reputation of being the dumb, emotional, reckless, classless bully. This sort of person/team - the antagonist- is universally hated. This was the case with the 70's Raiders, 90's Pistons, etc except the Bills aren't nearly as good.

As a result, Bills will be hated by the opposition & the refs and Won't Get the Benefit of the Doubt. When it doubt the Refs will penalize the Bills... When it doubt, the Refs won't penalize their opponents and this will be too much to overcome as the season progresses.

In the end, the Bills are barely good enough to win on their own, why make it more difficult on yourself?
                    Please Make Sense

Comment

• Buddo
                      • Mar 2007

While it's obviously a thankless task being a zebra, and I don't think anyone feels that it's particularly easy to do either, at the end of the day, a multi-billion $ sport, deserves, and should demand, better from it's officials. If there are 16 crews out every Sunday, then there are probably only a couple of them who are actually consistent, fair, and good. That simply isn't good enough.

The NFL should be employing professional zebras, paying them accordingly, and actually making them review calls, games etc. all the time, until they can get the majority of them right.

They also need to actually re-write the bloody rule book from scratch, with the help of someone who knows plain english, and a lawyer. Way too much is open to interpretation, and you need to get things simplified.

While you have the 'competition committee', or whatever group they have that reviews the rules, looking at things and geting stuff amended, you don't actually have someone who is competent, in writing out those amendments.

I don't especially have a problem with the rules as such, but I do believe they can be far better explained and enforced, because the explanation is clear.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

The inconsistency is what gets me. Guys are handfighting all day and suddenly Clay gets called, nullifying a first down and forcing a punt? If you're gonna call it, fine, but call it every time, because both teams did far worse that wasn't called.

And picking up the flag on the late hit? I've seen them pick it up for running into the kicker but NEVER on a QB. What bothers me is you know Manning or Brady gets that flag.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• EricStratton
                          • Jul 2002

The issue will always be with the consistent enforcement, not with the rules themselves.

The quick announcer explanation given in the Cards game was the player was only moving forward because the defender was holding him up which is also what was happening to Woods. It certainly looked like he was trying to go down but the defender was propping him up to allow the strip.

Whether it was or wasn't a fumble is less relevant then the fact that two crews saw the same play and called it differently.

Comment

• Mike
                            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                            The inconsistency is what gets me. Guys are handfighting all day and suddenly Clay gets called, nullifying a first down and forcing a punt? If you're gonna call it, fine, but call it every time, because both teams did far worse that wasn't called.

And picking up the flag on the late hit? I've seen them pick it up for running into the kicker but NEVER on a QB. What bothers me is you know Manning or Brady gets that flag.
                            Cam Newton complained about not getting a flag on late hit. Apparently, he is 'not old enough to get that call'

--- The utter lack of consistency bothers me most. As a result, even the right calls are questioned. I realize being a ref is a hard thankless job. They should have computers or a remote control center do it---

What's even worse:
                            We are now in a league of Parity, as a result officiating now makes a difference in result in the majority of games. I really hope that this happens in a super bowl when the clearly better team (say the pats) lose purely because of a few blatantly wrong calls.
                            Please Make Sense

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
                              • Aug 2013

The NFL is the worst.

They put accuracy at such a premium and spend so much time and money on getting things right, destroying any momentum and enjoyment of a game. Even in spite of that they get so much pivotal stuff wrong on a regular basis. It's just not worth it.

They should get rid of instant replay and just have the refs call it. It's not like things can be much worse than they are now, and at least the games wouldn't be 4 hours long.

Comment

Working...
                              X