PDA

View Full Version : Will someone tell Thigpen not to punt catch?

Albany,n.y.
10-05-2015, 06:53 AM
Our punt catcher needs to be told to let the ball go inside the 10 yard line unless he plans to run with it.

Yesterday he had 3 fair catches inside the 10 (fumbled & luckily recovered 1).

That deep into your own territory, you let it go & hope it bounces into the endzone. He was killing our field position throughout the game.

trapezeus
10-05-2015, 07:14 AM
agreed. he also faircatches when the covergae isn't within 10 yards of him.

if he's going to do that, why not run to one side of the field and pretend to fair catch to hope the coverage team is following you and not the ball?

MillsapsBillsFan
10-05-2015, 09:11 AM
Not sure what happened to our return game in general. Might be time to look for a new special teams coach, Kick coverage and Kick Returns were both much better last year.

Yesterday we were lucky to start at the 20

Mike
10-05-2015, 10:00 AM
I think this is an example of poor coaching.

A) he should already know this
b) someone should have reminded him before he did it 3 more times

Bills Juggernaut
10-05-2015, 10:12 AM
All of special teams gets a fat F-. Missed field goal, fair catches at the five. Lets not forget the kick off that was bobbled and dropped by the Giants after we scored to get within six. Where the hell was the kick coverage? How did he still manage to get to the 28 without getting touched? Horrible. If the coverage did what they were supposed to do, we would have had them pinned inside the 5. Instead they get breathing room at the 28 and march right down and score TD.

Famous Amos
10-05-2015, 11:00 AM
Thigpen was not getting any blocking. The Giants special teams were getting to him nearly instantly from where I was watching. He doesn't seem like he sees any holes when he runs because as soon as he turns up field to run, he gets tackled.

Homegrown
10-05-2015, 11:40 AM
Thigpen's a scrub ... 29 year-old journeyman

They should've kept Jackson, let him return punts & ko's (as he did in 2009) ...he would've been faircatching balls at the 7 yardline ... and he could've played some RB ... bunch of dumbasses.

Victor7
10-05-2015, 03:21 PM
Yup.

Plus the penalty fiasco that's raided the ST's too and DC suddenly looking like ****.

Danny Crossman .... You are the weakest link. **** off

PuntKicker
10-05-2015, 03:29 PM
I think I'd be the proper person to tell him not to punt catch. I feel like this thread was made for me.