PDA

View Full Version : 5 weeks in

psubills62
10-05-2015, 08:45 AM
And @Tennessee will be our third game against teams with extended rest. Pats played a Thursday game before us, same with Giants and now Tennessee coming off of a bye.

Didn't the Bills complain about this kind of scheduling? I thought it was supposed to ease up on us this year with this crap.

And no, I'm not blaming our losses on that, just was another thing to piss me off after the performance this past Sunday.

EDS
10-05-2015, 09:08 AM
With respect to the Giants and Pats games, the Bills did have the benefit of playing at home.

I do hate the whole bye-week/17 week season as a fan.

Mr. Pink
10-05-2015, 11:11 AM
And the next time the Bills get the Pats they'll be going to Gillette on 10 days rest. Plus they'll have 2 weeks to prepare for the second meeting against the Dolphins.

psubills62
10-05-2015, 11:22 AM
And the next time the Bills get the Pats they'll be going to Gillette on 10 days rest. Plus they'll have 2 weeks to prepare for the second meeting against the Dolphins.
Sure, two all season vs. three in the first five weeks is the same.

Dolphins also have 10 days to prepare for that game, which reduces a lot of the benefit we get from having our bye week. Like I said, I'm not blaming our losses on those things, but it's still frustrating to see when our schedules have been very heavy on that sort of thing in recent years.

How many times do we get teams coming off of short rest (i.e. MNF to Sunday)? Pretty sure I looked and didn't see any. Seems a little unusual to get 3+ teams coming off Thursday night matchups with longer rest but none off MNF.

gebobs
10-05-2015, 02:20 PM
How many times do we get teams coming off of short rest (i.e. MNF to Sunday)? Pretty sure I looked and didn't see any. Seems a little unusual to get 3+ teams coming off Thursday night matchups with longer rest but none off MNF.
If we ever get any good and play more prime time games, it will even out.

Ed
10-05-2015, 02:38 PM
This applies to every team. The issue is the imbalance of the Bills always facing more teams with extended rest/prep time compared to other teams.

Victor7
10-05-2015, 03:17 PM
And @Tennessee will be our third game against teams with extended rest. Pats played a Thursday game before us, same with Giants and now Tennessee coming off of a bye.

Didn't the Bills complain about this kind of scheduling? I thought it was supposed to ease up on us this year with this crap.

And no, I'm not blaming our losses on that, just was another thing to piss me off after the performance this past Sunday.

Yes the Bills did file a complaint of the sorts.

You just know that Roger grabbed it and threw it straight to the document shredder without even glancing it.

5 weeks in and 3 teams with extra rest. Unreal. It does ****ing help. It helps heal, it helps game plan, it helps with traveling. It freaking does.

gebobs
10-05-2015, 04:11 PM
It helps heal, it helps game plan, it helps with traveling. It freaking does.
Sure, but it probably was not significant in either game.

Victor7
10-05-2015, 04:17 PM
Sure, but it probably was not significant in either game.

I don't know man. VS the Pats for sure it wasn't. I'm record saying I would take the Pats to beat the Bills on a Sunday night game after they played the early game. I'm not joking on that one. Its that bad for us when we play them.

But yesterday ? I'm not so sure. Its a couple of more days to install the quick short offense that appears to be the antidote for our pass rush.

gebobs
10-05-2015, 04:23 PM
But yesterday ? I'm not so sure. Its a couple of more days to install the quick short offense that appears to be the antidote for our pass rush.
Perhaps, but I don't think their additional few days are why Tyrod was so bleeding awful for most the game, especially the first half. I don't think it contributed to the Bills sloppy offense, defense, special teams and even coaching. Neither game was really as close as the score indicated IMHO. And whatever advantage conferred should be offset and more by home field advantage. Those were pathetic performances for the home crowd.

Mr. Pink
10-05-2015, 04:44 PM
This applies to every team. The issue is the imbalance of the Bills always facing more teams with extended rest/prep time compared to other teams.

Your first sentence is correct.

Your second sentence is BS excuses this fanbase comes up with for why we've been absolute crap in the 21st century.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know man. VS the Pats for sure it wasn't. I'm record saying I would take the Pats to beat the Bills on a Sunday night game after they played the early game. I'm not joking on that one. Its that bad for us when we play them.

Yeah, that extra rest the Giants got allowed them to keep their heads on and not act like a bunch of clowns. Good call.

YardRat
10-05-2015, 07:11 PM
Bullies don't give a **** how much time you've had to rest, they still kick the **** out of you.