PDA

View Full Version : Tyrod Taylor Off To Best Start In Bills History

BillsImpossible
10-05-2015, 05:24 PM
#Bills (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bills?src=hash) QB Tyrod Taylor has been the most accurate QB in @buffalobills (https://twitter.com/buffalobills) team history through 4 weeks of play w/ a 71.7 completion percentage.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2015/10/5/9458045/tyrod-off-to-best-start-in-bills-history

R-E-L-A-X.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/101464822/joakim-noah-lebron-james-aaron-rodgers-relax-chill

Sports fans and the media that serve them are well-regarded for their even-keeled, easy going nature. They are the very meaning of cool, calm, and collected, never leaping to conclusions or making something out to be more than it is...

WagonCircler
10-05-2015, 05:27 PM
8-8.

JoeMama
10-05-2015, 05:39 PM
OK, TT has a good completion rate. Hooray.

Doesn't make me feel any better about being 2-2.

Cleve
10-05-2015, 05:46 PM
The losses have been on the coach, not Tyrod. Sloppy play and penalties have severely hurt the Bills.... but Ryan says it's ok because they have "heart"? I hope the Pegulas took note of his post game presser on Sunday and that ludicrous statement of his.

YardRat
10-05-2015, 05:54 PM
I'd be more than willing to sacrifice ten points of completion percentage for a 4-0 start. 2-2 isn't all on Taylor, but still.

BillsImpossible
10-05-2015, 05:59 PM

They're playing competitive football, have been in every game and don't quit after getting screwed by poor officiating and their own stupid mistakes.

Being 2-2 after playing the Colts, Patriots, Dolphins and Giants is pretty damn good considering the competition.

The Bills are 2-1 in the conference, 1-1 in the division.

Having a quarterback playing as well as Taylor is bodes well for the future.

He's not the reason why the Bills are losing games, and that's the first time in a long time since we've been able to say that about the Bills quarterback.

Goobylal
10-05-2015, 06:07 PM
The 71.7% doesn't mean much until you look at his 8.2 YPA average and the 247 yards per game.

BillsImpossible
10-05-2015, 06:14 PM
The 71.7% doesn't mean much until you look at his 8.2 YPA average and the 247 yards per game.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TaylTy00.htmhe's on pace for throwing 32 TD's and 16 INT's this season.

He's on pace for 32 TD's and 16 INT's after facing the hardest part of the schedule.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
10-05-2015, 06:50 PM

Playing two recent Superbowl teams, and three quality QB's, I was expecting 4-0 myself

BillsImpossible
10-05-2015, 06:52 PM
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TaylTy00.htm

247 yards per game X 16 games = 3,952 yards passing.

JoeMama
10-05-2015, 08:19 PM
Playing two recent Superbowl teams, and three quality QB's, I was expecting 4-0 myself

I expected 3-1.

Pats own us, I chalked that up as an auto loss (like I do twice every year). But I've insisted that the Cols are a completely overrated team and expected to beat them, which justified my position the way we steamrolled them. And they way they've played lately, even more so.

The Giants are chumps and hat was an abortion of a performance all around. Rex and everyone on this roster ought to be ashamed and sickened by how poorly they played.

BillsImpossible
10-05-2015, 08:27 PM
I expected 3-1.

Pats own us, I chalked that up as an auto loss (like I do twice every year). But I've insisted that the Cols are a completely overrated team and expected to beat them, which justified my position the way we steamrolled them. And they way they've played lately, even more so.

The Giants are chumps and hat was an abortion of a performance all around. Rex and everyone on this roster ought to be ashamed and sickened by how poorly they played.

2 time Super Bowl winning chumps in Manning and Coughlin.

You're a chump for never thanking anyone.

kscdogbillsfan1221
10-05-2015, 11:23 PM
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TaylTy00.htmhe's on pace for throwing 32 TD's and 16 INT's this season.

He's on pace for 32 TD's and 16 INT's after facing the hardest part of the schedule.

as much as i like your 'homerism' i couldn't disagree with you more about the 'hardest' part of the schedule. We have the jets, pats and chiefs back to back to back in november and this​ is the hardest part?

swiper
10-06-2015, 03:42 AM
Watching Fitz be the tough, do anything needed QB we liked as the Jets beat the Dolphins I wonder how good Taylor really is. Now there are 4 weeks of book on the guys. Two teams figured him out. The next several weeks will see his stats level off.

The only reason his stats are as good as they are is because he came out of the gate as the unknown entity. There was no film on him. That and the Colts and Dolphins appear to be far from what some people predicted. Philbin lost his job. If the Colts don't sharpen up, their coach could be the next to go.

JoeMama
10-06-2015, 04:25 AM
2 time Super Bowl winning chumps in Manning and Coughlin.

You're a chump for never thanking anyone.

I'm old school.

I "rep" people. And I do plenty of it. But only those who receive it and donors to the site can see it.

That's how we did it around here in 2002 before the "thanks" feature was added some years later and I'll be damned if I change.

You'll have to drag me into the future kicking and screaming.

Topas
10-06-2015, 04:36 AM
I'm old school.

I "rep" people. And I do plenty of it. But only those who receive it and donors to the site can see it.

That's how we did it around here in 2002 before the "thanks" feature was added some years later and I'll be damned if I change.

You'll have to drag me into the future kicking and screaming.

my aopologies. I had to 'thank' you for this post :D

Mahdi
10-06-2015, 06:18 AM
The losses have been on the coach, not Tyrod. Sloppy play and penalties have severely hurt the Bills.... but Ryan says it's ok because they have "heart"? I hope the Pegulas took note of his post game presser on Sunday and that ludicrous statement of his.

I agree with Rex.

Easier to take a team that has a lot of fight in them and get them to be smarter about it then have a team that gets pushed around and teach them to be tougher.

I am satisfied with the current state of the team. Tyrod is fun to watch (when is the last time we enjoyed watching our QB drop back?) and our players although getting too emotional at least its evident they want it badly.

The rest will come...

Bill Cody
10-06-2015, 08:21 AM
I agree with Rex.

Easier to take a team that has a lot of fight in them and get them to be smarter about it then have a team that gets pushed around and teach them to be tougher.

I am satisfied with the current state of the team. Tyrod is fun to watch (when is the last time we enjoyed watching our QB drop back?) and our players although getting too emotional at least its evident they want it badly.

The rest will come...

Will it? These are the same issues that cost Rex his job with the Jets. The Bills gave that game away against the Giants.

Mahdi
10-06-2015, 09:08 AM
Will it? These are the same issues that cost Rex his job with the Jets. The Bills gave that game away against the Giants.

Rex is learning too and I'm sure he is aware of what needs to happen if his team is going to win.

Bill Cody
10-06-2015, 09:27 AM
Rex is learning too and I'm sure he is aware of what needs to happen if his team is going to win.

Why didn't he learn from years of lack of discipline in NY?

Mahdi
10-06-2015, 09:31 AM
Why didn't he learn from years of lack of discipline in NY?

Its just how it goes when you build a team that you want to have play with a certain aggression or energy level.

The team ends up becoming very aggressive and then you have to bring that aggression down to a level that is useful and finding that balance.

Its a process...

Bill Cody
10-06-2015, 09:34 AM
Its just how it goes when you build a team that you want to have play with a certain aggression or energy level.

The team ends up becoming very aggressive and then you have to bring that aggression down to a level that is useful and finding that balance.

Its a process...

Sounds great. So how does this process end? With us in the playoffs? Or with the fans, management and his team sick to death of him and his ass fired like in NY?

Mahdi
10-06-2015, 09:41 AM
Sounds great. So how does this process end? With us in the playoffs? Or with the fans, management and his team sick to death of him and his ass fired like in NY?

You know that Seattle has been leading the league in penalties over the last 4-5 years?

Becoming a tougher more physical team sometimes means you will be targeted by the refs. The dumb penalties will stop for sure but we may continue to be one of the more penalized teams regardless.

Bill Cody
10-06-2015, 09:47 AM
You know that Seattle has been leading the league in penalties over the last 4-5 years?

Becoming a tougher more physical team sometimes means you will be targeted by the refs. The dumb penalties will stop for sure but we may continue to be one of the more penalized teams regardless.

That is such BS. The penalties we've been getting are by and large just plain DUMB. NOT penalties in the course of play, swarming to the ball stuff like Seattle does. We have not been targeted. I hate that kind of excuse making.

Cleve
10-06-2015, 09:49 AM
That is such BS. The penalties we've been getting are by and large just plain DUMB. NOT penalties in the course of play, swarming to the ball stuff like Seattle does. We have not been targeted. I hate that kind of excuse making.

Yeah, like illegal formations - that's just poor coaching, nothing more nothing less.

Bill Cody
10-06-2015, 10:03 AM
Yeah, like illegal formations - that's just poor coaching, nothing more nothing less.

Absolutely. This penalty fest is all on Rex. If he doesn't rein it in by a LOT we have a 0.0% chance of winning. Based on his presser he doesn't seem too bothered by it and doesn't seem to know how to fix it. That's very concerning.

Mahdi
10-06-2015, 12:21 PM

Most of any team's penalties will be pre-snap stuff.

The problem for us has been the extra penalties for unsportsmanlike conduct, unnecessary roughness, taunting etc. We also have a few bogus PI's and illegal contact calls against us.

Kyle Williams is not one to make excuses but if you watch his post-game interview he clearly is unhappy with the calls that went against us and points out that the Bills have to be "choir boys" if they want to avoid penalties.

Mr. Pink
10-07-2015, 11:21 AM
Amazing how he'd be off to the best start, considering offenses are more and more pass heavy nowadays with even more rules in place to allow them to succeed.

Don't worry, the next QB the Bills go with will also end up being on the best start in franchise history.

In other words, a 4 game sample size means absolutely nothing.