PDA

View Full Version : Karlos Williams diagnosed with a concussion

Dr. Lecter
10-06-2015, 06:19 AM
As per Whaley on WGR this morning.

They just found it last night. No work yet how long he will be out, but he's in the concussion protocol They are trying out RBs today

sdbillsfan2
10-06-2015, 06:34 AM
What B S
Check out @salmaiorana's Tweet: https://twitter.com/salmaiorana/status/651371998371794944?s=09

k-oneputt
10-06-2015, 06:50 AM
Bryce come on down...

Mahdi
10-06-2015, 07:07 AM
Bring in Ray Rice

k-oneputt
10-06-2015, 07:11 AM
Bring in Ray Rice

Interesting. He will have a chip on his shoulder.

GvilleBills
10-06-2015, 08:05 AM
#BryceLife

justasportsfan
10-06-2015, 08:17 AM
If they were comfortable with Dixon they would have started him over Williams who had a crappy game last Sunday.

Pinkerton Security
10-06-2015, 08:21 AM
Bring in Ray Rice

Worse yet, got a notification that they'll be working out Trent Richardson....ughhhhhhhhhhh. Hey it'd be nice if we had a veteran who brings steady production like, oh idk, F-jax?

Aggie
10-06-2015, 08:47 AM
Karlos Williams is a straight up runner. Straight up runners don't last long in the NFL. Not surprising he's concussed after only his first start. He will have a very short career.

Forward_Lateral
10-06-2015, 09:02 AM
Monte Ball please

Pinkerton Security
10-06-2015, 09:22 AM
Karlos Williams is a straight up runner. Straight up runners don't last long in the NFL. Not surprising he's concussed after only his first start. He will have a very short career.

Not comparing their abilities but plenty of "straight up runners" have had perfectly normal NFL careers - AP being one, F-Jax another. This is a very bold statement of you.

ghz in pittsburgh
10-06-2015, 09:35 AM
Trent Richardson is in - I know Whaley finally gets shot of the Alabama guy

Mahdi
10-06-2015, 09:43 AM

Dickerson was probably the best example of a straight up runner. I get your point but those types of runners have had good careers.

psubills62
10-06-2015, 09:44 AM
Trent Richardson? Oh hell, no.

Victor7
10-06-2015, 09:59 AM
lol at Whaley

But you had to get rid of Fred didn't you you stupid ****

Even when he said he would've done anything to stay here. You know like take a paycut.

Now we are gonna go with guys like Cierre Woods, Boobie and trying guys like Bust Richardson and some dude named Boom. In week 5 mind you. Pathetic.

GvilleBills
10-06-2015, 10:09 AM
Dickerson was probably the best example of a straight up runner. I get your point but those types of runners have had good careers.

Eddie George too

sdbillsfan2
10-06-2015, 10:14 AM
What B S
Check out @salmaiorana's Tweet: https://twitter.com/salmaiorana/status/651371998371794944?s=09Whaley said they feel very comfortable with Boobie Dixon and Cierre Wood. What a ridiculous statement to make. Yeah, real comfortable there

Meathead
10-06-2015, 10:22 AM
love me some freddie but i wouldnt want him now even if they gave him to us for free

no way he could be featured. would only get spot duty mainly on 3rd downs for blocking and catching. id welcome his leadership in these times of asshat penalty parties but other than that hes just flat out marginally effective as a regular runner

those days are gone boys. thanks for the memories fred but no thanks

Victor7
10-06-2015, 10:25 AM
love me some freddie but i wouldnt want him now even if they gave him to us for free

no way he could be featured. would only get spot duty mainly on 3rd downs for blocking and catching. id welcome his leadership in these times of asshat penalty parties but other than that hes just flat out marginally effective as a regular runner

those days are gone boys. thanks for the memories fred but no thanks

So you are saying you'd rather roll with Boobie Dixon as your 1 back ??

Or Bust Richardson ?

Or Boom Herron ?

Pathetic meat.

sukie
10-06-2015, 10:39 AM
I like the idea of a guy named Trent in a Bills uni. Pure magic will happen.

paladin warrior
10-06-2015, 10:45 AM
Bradshaw Ahmad ??

Ed
10-06-2015, 10:49 AM
Monte Ball please
As someone who lives in Denver and gets inundated with Broncos coverage, I can confirm that he was terrible. Teams hate to cut 2nd round picks after only two seasons, but he was so bad they didn't really have a choice. And the Broncos certainly aren't loaded with RB talent. There has to be better options than Ball.

I'm surprised that they won't bring Bryce Brown back. I'd rather have Brown than Dixon or Wood.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-06-2015, 10:54 AM
As someone who lives in Denver and gets inundated with Broncos coverage, I can confirm that he was terrible. Teams hate to cut 2nd round picks after only two seasons, but he was so bad they didn't really have a choice. And the Broncos certainly aren't loaded with RB talent. There has to be better options than Ball.

I don't deny he was bad, but a Peyton Manning back needs to be good running from shotgun and that was not at all what he did at Wisconsin. I think Greg Roman's offense could be a much better fit for him.

Ed
10-06-2015, 11:42 AM
I don't deny he was bad, but a Peyton Manning back needs to be good running from shotgun and that was not at all what he did at Wisconsin. I think Greg Roman's offense could be a much better fit for him.
I agree with that, but putting Manning under center and developing a stronger running game was a big emphasis for Kubiak this off-season. Going back to having Manning operate primarily out of the shotgun was more of a concession by Kubiak during the regular season after Ball was long gone.

Either way, I think there are definitely better situations out there for Ball, but I still think there are better options than him too.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-06-2015, 11:47 AM
I agree with that, but putting Manning under center and developing a stronger running game was a big emphasis for Kubiak this off-season. Going back to having Manning operate primarily out of the shotgun was more of a concession by Kubiak during the regular season after Ball was long gone.

But by that point, Ball had already been supplanted by Hillman and Anderson. His fate was written by the middle of last season, it was pretty clear he was going to be bottom of the depth chart barring injury.

Ed
10-06-2015, 12:09 PM
But by that point, Ball had already been supplanted by Hillman and Anderson. His fate was written by the middle of last season, it was pretty clear he was going to be bottom of the depth chart barring injury.
With a new staff and new system better suited for Ball, I think he got more than a fair opportunity to show them something. The RB position was up for grabs and Ball could have taken it if he played better, but he didn't.