• Mar 2004

Bills sign Boom!

Herron.

Per Schefter
  • psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

Re: Bills sign Boom!

I'm OK with that. Have only watched him run a little, but reminded me of Fred Jackson when he did.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• sukie
      Seriously?
      • Sep 2012

Know not of him... Please expound for the masses that are at work.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
        Maybe?
        • Oct 2003

Here's an article on his release. Never seen him play..

"While Frank Gore is the No. 1 back, subtracting the third-year pro nicknamed “Boom” is a setback. By last season’s end, Herron had become the starter. He was re-signed to a one-year, exclusive-rights tender in the offseason, presumably to back up Gore."

Stay up to date with all the College sports news, recruiting, transfers, and more at 247Sports.com

Comment

• Meathead
          Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by psubills62 View Post
          I'm OK with that. Have only watched him run a little, but reminded me of Fred Jackson when he did.
          tattoocist
          One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• starrymessenger
            • Oct 2009

I'd much rather have Herron than Boobie. Maybe he sticks.

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

Ohio St. grad here. Haven't missed a game in years.

He isn't fast but very shifty, quick and fearless to the hole. Was money on 3rd down. All effort guy and I'm surprised he wasn't on a roster.

I've seen him play a lot. He's a gamer and was a team captain for a good reason.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Thank God it's not Trent Richardson.

Comment

• Mace
                  Haha...yeah you think so ?
                  • Mar 2013

Runs with power, had some fumble issues (4 last year on 78 attempts). Had his rushing moments last year (I remember him). Younger Fred Jackson type (26), 2nd string type roster presence. Hurt his shoulder last year, then again this preseason on a kickoff return in the last preseason game so Indy had to waive him injured or IR him for the final roster. They waived.

A good pickup, not sure how long he stays when everyone gets healthy, but not a bad pickup like Richardson would have been. Signing Richardson would have been like signing a microwave cart and having someone put the ball on it and shove it toward the line to see what happens, imho.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                    Runs with power, had some fumble issues (4 last year on 78 attempts). Had his rushing moments last year (I remember him). Younger Fred Jackson type (26), 2nd string type roster presence. Hurt his shoulder last year, then again this preseason on a kickoff return in the last preseason game so Indy had to waive him injured or IR him for the final roster. They waived.

A good pickup, not sure how long he stays when everyone gets healthy, but not a bad pickup like Richardson would have been. Signing Richardson would have been like signing a microwave cart and having someone put the ball on it and shove it toward the line to see what happens, imho.
                    Way better than Richardson, think has long term upside as a 3rd RB where Boobie doesn't. Not a bad move, debatable if would give us more as a starting RB than Bryce Brown but can't fault Whaley for predicting our top 2 RBs getting hurt so early yet still baffled why we're keeping so many WRs. I know there was talk that Ravens might be looking to trade for another WR but are tight against the cap, love to see us move Hogan/Goodwin there for a late round pick. Also I think the Seahawks not making Freddie their bell cow RB with Lynch hurt is showing it wasn't as foolish as some think to let him go toss in he's hurt too so I can't say that was a bad move either.
                    Last edited by The Jokeman; 10-06-2015, 07:08 PM.

Comment

• starrymessenger
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                      Way better than Richardson, think has long term upside as a 3rd RB where Boobie doesn't. Not a bad move, debatable if would give us more as a starting RB than Bryce Brown but can't fault Whaley for predicting our top 2 RBs getting hurt so early yet still baffled why we're keeping so many WRs. I know there was talk that Ravens might be looking to trade for another WR but are tight against the cap, love to see us move Hogan/Goodwin there for a late round pick. Also I think the Seahawks not making Freddie their bell cow RB with Lynch hurt is showing it wasn't as foolish as some think to let him go toss in he's hurt too so I can't say that was a bad move either.
                      Re trading/cutting a receiver, I think it could happen because we added D. Moore. If he's anything like the player he was a few years ago Moore is better than Hogan or Goodwin. Also Boom > Boobie as an RB IMO. Don't know if he can play STs.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                        Peterman Sucks!
                        • Mar 2006

I'm not sure which signing at RB would have been worse, Boom or Trent.

They're both pretty craptacular.

At least Boom wasn't a first round pick, however. Then again Trent got a nice contract initially for being hot garbage.

Comment

• starrymessenger
                          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                          I'm not sure which signing at RB would have been worse, Boom or Trent.

They're both pretty craptacular.

At least Boom wasn't a first round pick, however. Then again Trent got a nice contract initially for being hot garbage.
                          I think you will wind up liking Herron.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                            Peterman Sucks!
                            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by starrymessenger View Post
                            I think you will wind up liking Herron.
                            I'm a fan of Ohio State, so I've seen plenty of Boom.

Not a fan of any of the running backs they churn through that system. Eddie George is the last "good" RB that's passed through there. Ezekiel Elliot is the latest overhyped, next big thing.

Comment

• starrymessenger
                              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                              I'm a fan of Ohio State, so I've seen plenty of Boom.

Not a fan of any of the running backs they churn through that system. Eddie George is the last "good" RB that's passed through there. Ezekiel Elliot is the latest overhyped, next big thing.
                              Fair enuf. You know the player better than I do.
                              I'm still interested in seeing how he makes out and am expecting something positive from him.
                              In terms of what you're getting I don't see him as equivalent to Richardson at all. Think Whaley made the right call here.

- - -
                              Last edited by starrymessenger; 10-07-2015, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X