PDA

View Full Version : one thing that you are looking forward to seeing in the NHL this season!

DetDannyWilliams
10-08-2015, 04:45 PM
for me it's the 3 on 3 OT

gebobs
10-08-2015, 08:55 PM
Im sure not enjoying replaying offsides calls. Thats stupid. Officiating with microscopes is a bad idea.

rbochan
10-09-2015, 06:27 AM
Winning games.

OpIv37
10-09-2015, 07:12 AM
for me it's the 3 on 3 OT

I'd rather just bring back ties.

In an ideal world, it would be 5 on 5 hockey until someone wins, but that's not practical over an 82 game season. Someone got this crazy idea that ties are unacceptable, so they keep coming up with gimmicks like 3 on 3 or the shootout.

I really hate the manufactured point in the standings. "Games are worth 2 points unless they go to OT in which case they are worth 3." Huh? Recently it hasn't mattered for us but once we are jockeying for playoff position and the two teams closest to us play each other and go to OT it will matter.

Every game should be worth 3 points. 3 for regulation win, 2 for OT win, 1 for OT loss, 0 for regulation loss.

gebobs
10-09-2015, 08:20 AM
Someone got this crazy idea that ties are unacceptable
It wasn't the point really. It was that so many ties were so boring and anticlimactic. With ten minutes to go or more, teams would get ultraconservative playing for the tie rather than the win. The Sabres, in the last years before OT, were known for it as well as any team. 46 ties over three seasons, nearly 1 in 5 games.

Perhaps OT and the shootout are not the best solutions, but I have no desire to go back to the days of indecision.

mightysimi
10-09-2015, 08:41 AM
I'm looking forward to how the Jets young players adapt to the NHL.

Mr. Pink
10-09-2015, 10:26 AM
I'd rather just bring back ties.

In an ideal world, it would be 5 on 5 hockey until someone wins, but that's not practical over an 82 game season. Someone got this crazy idea that ties are unacceptable, so they keep coming up with gimmicks like 3 on 3 or the shootout.

I really hate the manufactured point in the standings. "Games are worth 2 points unless they go to OT in which case they are worth 3." Huh? Recently it hasn't mattered for us but once we are jockeying for playoff position and the two teams closest to us play each other and go to OT it will matter.

Every game should be worth 3 points. 3 for regulation win, 2 for OT win, 1 for OT loss, 0 for regulation loss.

I'm with you on this. Bring back the ties or at least play regulation hockey in OT until someone wins. This deciding games with gimmicks is horrible. Ties are acceptable in the NFL. Multiple OTs are acceptable in the NBA.

mightysimi
10-09-2015, 12:22 PM
I'm with you on this. Bring back the ties or at least play regulation hockey in OT until someone wins. This deciding games with gimmicks is horrible. Ties are acceptable in the NFL. Multiple OTs are acceptable in the NBA.

The shootout is a gimmick. Having the other team able to defend is not. If as many games went to OT in basketball, there would more discussion on how to shorten the game. If each team plays 5 OT games in the NBA I would say that is a lot. I am not opposed to OPIV's point structure though.

JATMtheJATM
10-09-2015, 12:34 PM
I liked ties

sahlensguy
10-09-2015, 05:30 PM
I'm here for Eichel.