PDA

View Full Version : Interesting article written by Fred Jackson

MillsapsBillsFan
10-09-2015, 01:14 PM
http://www.theplayerstribune.com/fred-jackson-seahawks-bills/

Deals mostly with his move from Buffalo to Seattle, but he does discuss what happened with Whaley. I know hes not a Bill anymore, so if this needs to be moved go ahead.

I just thought this was an interesting article for those (like myself) who still like Fred

Victor7
10-09-2015, 01:40 PM
Cool article

Thanks for posting it

Love Fred for life

**** you Doug Whaley. Lying sack of ****.

That is all.

streetkings01
10-09-2015, 02:15 PM
Good article

Later
10-09-2015, 02:15 PM
Awesome article. Thanks for sharing.

Really hoping this whole thing is just a blip and that after Fred retires he will be brought back in some sort of mentoring role (coach, advisor, etc.).

WagonCircler
10-09-2015, 03:01 PM
Awesome article. Thanks for sharing.

Really hoping this whole thing is just a blip and that after Fred retires he will be brought back in some sort of mentoring role (coach, advisor, etc.).

Not while ***** Whaley is still here.

Meathead
10-09-2015, 03:19 PM
thurman was furious being released by the bills. now he says it was the right move. just sayin

Meathead
10-09-2015, 03:39 PM
so doug whaley makes the right football decision and decides its time to move on from freddie. so it leaks out and his new boss comes to him and says i dont think thats a good idea, i think he should stay. so doug reluctantly obliges the new owner and tells freddie he has nothing to worry about bc thats what he thinks is going to happen. in the meantime, the new coach gets his feet under him and tells the owner he thinks the original decision was the right one and fortunately convinces the owner to be an owner and let the gm be the gm

did whaley lie? no, of course not, he deferred to his boss and toed the company line at the time. when things changed back to the way they should have been in the first place and he got his proper decision making ability back, he let fred go in the earliest round of cuts so he could find another team

is this speculation? perhaps, but so is the idea that whaley is just a liar. in fact, based on what we know which one is more likely?

bottom line: releasing fred was the proper football decision. getting blamed for everything under the sun is part of the gm job, but it doesnt make the popular assumptions true

swiper
10-09-2015, 04:01 PM
thurman was furious being released by the bills. now he says it was the right move. just sayin

Stupid. Thomas was CLEARLY done. Jackson isn't.

swiper
10-09-2015, 04:02 PM
so doug whaley makes the right football decision and decides its time to move on from freddie. so it leaks out and his new boss comes to him and says i dont think thats a good idea, i think he should stay. so doug reluctantly obliges the new owner and tells freddie he has nothing to worry about bc thats what he thinks is going to happen. in the meantime, the new coach gets his feet under him and tells the owner he thinks the original decision was the right one and fortunately convinces the owner to be an owner and let the gm be the gm

did whaley lie? no, of course not, he deferred to his boss and toed the company line at the time. when things changed back to the way they should have been in the first place and he got his proper decision making ability back, he let fred go in the earliest round of cuts so he could find another team

is this speculation? perhaps, but so is the idea that whaley is just a liar. in fact, based on what we know which one is more likely?

bottom line: releasing fred was the proper football decision. getting blamed for everything under the sun is part of the gm job, but it doesnt make the popular assumptions true

You're an idiot. STFU.

Whaley is the biggest piece of ***** I've ever seen.

Meathead
10-09-2015, 04:04 PM
lol. all right then

Victor7
10-09-2015, 04:19 PM

The fact that this week we might start a hobbled Boobie Dixon followed by Boom Herron and Cierre Woods strongly disagrees with your assessment. Matter of fact it pretty much obliterates it.

swiper
10-09-2015, 04:34 PM
Boobie Dixon hasn't been that good. Herron just signed. Who tf is Cirre Woods. Great move Whaley, you idiot.

Meathead
10-09-2015, 04:44 PM
fred currently has a high ankle sprain. he might not play for anybody ever again and if he does its an injury that will likely nag him the rest of the season. which is exactly what happens with old rbs and is exactly why you decide to move on from them

swiper
10-09-2015, 04:55 PM
Thanks dad.

But he's had those before and come back just fine. And, as if you've forgotten, FJax is not just any RB.

justasportsfan
10-09-2015, 05:22 PM

Now that we're picking running backs from the street, it doesn't look like the right decision. Would rather have FJ starting instead of Boobie this Sunday

BertSquirtgum
10-09-2015, 05:44 PM
Fred is old and slow. People need to get over it. That being said. We could use his old and slow ass right now. That's for sure. Definitely a bad decision by the brillopad.

YardRat
10-09-2015, 05:52 PM
Just one of the trashed railroad cars in this past train wreck of an off season.

jimmifli
10-09-2015, 06:35 PM
fred currently has a high ankle sprain. he might not play for anybody ever again and if he does its an injury that will likely nag him the rest of the season. which is exactly what happens with old rbs and is exactly why you decide to move on from them

He got rolled on. It's not a strain injury, or wear and tear. Nothing to do with age.

Your addiction to contrarian positions and pronouncements of superior intelligence is getting the best of you. Plus it's not even original or particularly entertaining

HAMMER
10-09-2015, 06:50 PM
Move on people.

Mace
10-09-2015, 09:59 PM
I don't think it's what you do with people, it's how you do it. They've claimed to want to make a classy, straight up organization, then just weren't.

I believe Jackson. I think if they had booted him and he'd known his job was on the line, he'd have been more philosophical about it, and going elsewhere. He was always pretty upfront about knowing he had to earn his job again, and nowhere near entitled.

I think if he'd not have been useful here, on the field and as a presence, it wouldn't matter much.

I think people who deny him fail to comprehend he caught the most passes of his career last year as a reliable outlet receiver, ignore his blocking and fighting for every yard, every play. Like McCoy is a better pure running back for speed and yards and what has that gained us. Jackson is slow, Spiller was faster, so what is Spiller doing for New Orleans ? Trent Richardson is faster, what has that done for anyone whoever ?

I think, they still needed Fred Jackson and are flailing around now trying to replace him with Cierre Wood, Boom Herron, needing to work out Richardson and some other guy I already forgot.

It's real easy to blame this on Whaley. Because, well, it's his fault. You can't even blame it on Ryan who said we aren't a better team for cutting him. Hello ? If your HC says that, like who's responsible for the best team you can put on the field, your GM. That's Whaley.

Count on Tyrod this week, he was Rex's lust, not EJ, Whaley's pick, to save them from Whaley's dazzling McCoy trade, while Tyrod can always throw to Whaley's Watkins, or Rex's Harvin.

They were aiming for Polian last spring, because Whaley is doing so awesome. 2-2 with a couple blowouts does not amp up his awesome. I believe Jackson. He's never been a sour grapes guy, just a happy soldier.

Whaley ? I dunno. He's Ryan's Idzik here, not that Ryan didn't almost gleefully jump into another fatal Idzikish embrace. Whaley was happy to survive not getting Polian, and wants to put on his big boy pants once in a while to show everyone how valuable he is.

So far imho, he's not.

Not sure what there is to blame on Jackson though. That he's not at fast as McCoy and Spiller, who are piling up those yards ?

Except they aren't. Deal with it. Sometimes you want more from a back. You want tough, desire, fierce. Last seasons stiff arm. New England tried to get him, and Seattle did, I suppose Whaley knows better than those clowns who played in the last Super Bowl.

HHURRICANE
10-10-2015, 12:49 AM
Cool article

Thanks for posting it

Love Fred for life

**** you Doug Whaley. Lying sack of ****.

That is all.

Yeah you could root for him while he's on the sidelines if he was here.

Injured again.

HHURRICANE
10-10-2015, 12:50 AM
Fred is old and slow. People need to get over it. That being said. We could use his old and slow ass right now. That's for sure. Definitely a bad decision by the brillopad.

Read above. He's out in Seattle with an ankle injury.

stuckincincy
10-10-2015, 01:05 AM

High ankle sprain, sorry to say. SEA HC Carroll is trying to put out a positive spin about a quick recovery, but that's seldom the case with such, IMO.

Lynch is definitely out, so bad news for SEA...their OL is said to be suspect and losing another vet rb will likely add to Wilson's sack woes.

Meathead
10-10-2015, 02:57 AM
i dont pronounce anything jimmi. its the fact that you notice that irks you so much

Meathead
10-10-2015, 03:06 AM
Now that we're picking running backs from the street, it doesn't look like the right decision. Would rather have FJ starting instead of Boobie this Sunday

agreed

but we have the luxury of that hindsight. and this is also ignoring the long term potential of black running williams

if we could wave our magic wand and have a healthy freddie right now, sure we would all do that. but you have to make your decisions when they are due and thats not realistic given the parameters

plus of course hes hurt anyway, which given his age he probably would have been even if they decided to keep him here. whats happened to him is exactly why you dont keep 34yo rbs if you can avoid it

GingerP
10-10-2015, 04:09 AM
Fred isn't out. Seattle has already said he is playing this week.

GingerP
10-10-2015, 04:12 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/bcondotta/status/652590058516574208

swiper
10-10-2015, 05:06 AM

swiper
10-10-2015, 05:08 AM

LOL. Another informed poster.

Says Fred Jackson likely to play. Team could make move to add smith to roster.

Meathead
10-10-2015, 09:04 AM
it would be impressive if he plays at all but they are considering him a pass protection/very light duty player only. this guy is actually starting

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Tu0mzwM9yP4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HHURRICANE
10-10-2015, 09:51 AM

He's listed as questionable and many reports saying he won't play. Can't believe you used Twitter as your rebuttal ��

Mr. Cynical
10-10-2015, 03:15 PM
All he does is deliver every time he's given the opportunity. Even in Seattle, 5.9 YPC on limited carries (8). #FredEd4ever

cookie G
10-10-2015, 03:33 PM
Yeah you could root for him while he's on the sidelines if he was here.

Injured again.

idk...we have enough to cheer for with our $40 million RB running on a bad hammy since...July. The rookie RB with a concussion is an added bonus.

GingerP
10-10-2015, 04:29 PM
The twitter rebuttal was reporting what Pete Carroll said. Is that good enough for you?

Buddo
10-11-2015, 05:44 AM
With all the injuries we had at RB, at the time Jackson was released, it always looked like an accident waiting to happen. Hindsight has naff all to do with it.

There are so many ways we could be better off with Jackson still on the team, it's ridiculous.

McCoy could have been sat for the game, where he overdid it, and messed up his hammy properly, is just one example.

Whaley also needs to grow a pair, and actually be truthful with guys like Jackson. You don't tell vets that they have nothing to worry about, then cut 'em a week or so later, without getting a big hit on your rep with other players. The 'guarantee' side of contract negs, just went up a lot for guys coming to the Bills, because they will no longer trust what the GM says at face value.

HHURRICANE
10-11-2015, 11:43 AM

I guess you were Mis-informed. He's inactive.

Mace
10-11-2015, 02:35 PM
I guess you were Mis-informed. He's inactive.

Just noticed the inactive Jackson ran twice for 5 yards.

HHURRICANE
10-11-2015, 02:40 PM
Just noticed the inactive Jackson ran twice for 5 yards.

LOL he was reported inactive and I watched a guy wearing 22 take a return kick off.

The media is as good as me!

The Jokeman
10-11-2015, 02:50 PM
LOL he was reported inactive and I watched a guy wearing 22 take a return kick off.

The media is as good as me!

Freddie averaged 2.5 yards per carry today, Boobie averaged 2.7.

justasportsfan
10-11-2015, 02:54 PM

That only means Boobie would have averaged 1.0 if he played for the seahawks today

Mace
10-11-2015, 03:02 PM

Well on two carries. They didn't really need much from anyone with the game Rawlings had. Apples and oranges though. Besides, he may have run better had he been active.