• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coastal
    Legendary Zoner
    • Mar 2005

How is it...

...that Jerry Jones and Robert Kraft can be invested in companies that are involved in gambling related to the league they own sports teams in?

DraftKings and FanDuel seduce men and women into a dream of instant wealth. A handful do achieve instant wealth; for most, this dream only worsens inequality. And should the N.F.L., which draws about $1 billion annually in taxpayers’ money, be encouraging average people to gamble even more — that is, to lose even more?
    Now about the corporate backing. Comcast, Fox, Google, Time Warner, the N.B.A., Major League Baseball and the N.F.L. owners Jerry Jones and Robert Kraft have invested in FanDuel and DraftKings. Yahoo is preparing its own entry to the field.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: How is it...

Because the NFL has become nothing but a huge ****ing joke.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• coastal
      Legendary Zoner
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
      Because the NFL has become nothing but a huge ****ing joke.
      Completely agree.

Its a crap product.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

My wife just asked me yesterday "Why are you watching more college football?" "Because the NFL has become a corrupt, **** product."
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• GvilleBills
          • Mar 2006

My wife just asked me yesterday "Why are you watching more college football?" "Because the NFL has become a corrupt, **** product."
          True, I'll add
          2. College football is awesome
          3. Yard work is for summer
          Diehard BillGator... best of both worlds

Comment

• Blondie
            Smarter than most men here :-)
            • Aug 2012

OK .. But this is not just the NFL ..

Draftkings just signed multi million dollar contracts with MBL and NHL for advertising ..

I am not a gambler of sports as I watch it for fun, but this is pretty sick and twisted.

All these professional athletes are nothing more money markers for other people ...

The amount of injuries and abuse they put their bodies through .. Horrible...

No wonder Vick had dog fighting ring .. He related to it..
            I was banned for calling Yardie a coward, by DB, in a tread about women’s issues happening right now in America. Nothing better than republican men silencing women’s voices, especially in the Buffalo Spin zone!!

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
              • Jun 2024

Kudos for having the discipline for not saying "I don't find you attractive anymore".

Comment

• coastal
                Legendary Zoner
                • Mar 2005

Not related to Draft Kings but is related to the disgusting mess that is the NFL...

I love me some Bradshaw. Gonna have a naked fish tank room just like him someday.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                  Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                  N
                  I love me some Bradshaw. Gonna have a naked fish tank room just like him someday.
                  You know that was just a movie, right?

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

...that Jerry Jones and Robert Kraft can be invested in companies that are involved in gambling related to the league they own sports teams in?

DraftKings and FanDuel seduce men and women into a dream of instant wealth. A handful do achieve instant wealth; for most, this dream only worsens inequality. And should the N.F.L., which draws about $1 billion annually in taxpayers’ money, be encouraging average people to gamble even more — that is, to lose even more?
                    Now about the corporate backing. Comcast, Fox, Google, Time Warner, the N.B.A., Major League Baseball and the N.F.L. owners Jerry Jones and Robert Kraft have invested in FanDuel and DraftKings. Yahoo is preparing its own entry to the field.
                    it is absurd that you can get bills emails with a code to join one of these sites. and the fact that insiders are using the information to get a leg up makes the stories of the average guy doing well less likely.

i believe the decay in officiating and the rise of these sites with backing from the NFL is directly tied together.

Comment

• coastal
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
                      You know that was just a movie, right?
                      Does it matter? It's worth aspiring to

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                        Zero for Zero!
                        • Mar 2003

Technically and legally, these sites aren't conisdered gambling.

It's a silly loophole, but it exists.
                        Originally posted by mysticsoto
                        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                          • Sep 2003

How is it that they buoy the same teams with sketchy officiating year after year?

Comment

• stuckincincy
                            Buffalo Bills Fan
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                            it is absurd that you can get bills emails with a code to join one of these sites. and the fact that insiders are using the information to get a leg up makes the stories of the average guy doing well less likely.

i believe the decay in officiating and the rise of these sites with backing from the NFL is directly tied together.
                            I agree.
                            Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                              Dances With Buffaloes
                              • Sep 2002

Not related to Draft Kings but is related to the disgusting mess that is the NFL...

bravo terry bradshaw.

wow, thats the first time i saw that, i'm glad someone out there is saying this.

just a quote from the woman's police report

Hardy picked me up and threw me in the tile tub area of his bathroom. I have bruises from head to toe, including head, neck, back, shoulders, arms, legs elbow and feet. Hardy pulled me from the tub by my hair, screaming at me that he was going to kill me, break my arms and other threats that I completely believe. He drug me across the bathroom and out into the bedroom. Hardy choked me with both hands around my throat while I was lying on the floor. Hardy picked me up over his head and threw me onto a couch covered in assault rifles and/or shotguns. I landed on those weapons. Hardy bragged that all the assault rifles were loaded. Landing on those weapons bruised my neck and my back. Hardy screamed for his 'administrative assistant' (Sammy Curtis) to come into the room and hold me down. Curtis came into the room, grabbed me from behind and held me down. Hardy and Curtis then took me into the living room area. I wasn't nearly strong or fast enough to escape. I begged them to let me go & I wouldn't tell anyone what he did. They took me out into the hall, pushed me down & went back inside the apartment. I crawled to the elevator and ran into [Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department].
                              My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X