PDA

View Full Version : It's a WIN, I'll take it...

Historian
10-11-2015, 02:14 PM
....that is all.

HAMMER
10-11-2015, 02:15 PM
Amen Brother. There are no pictures on the scorecard.

casdhf
10-11-2015, 02:17 PM
Remember that game with 14 fourth quarter points to win? I have a feeling we will look at this game as a turning point..... Hopefully

YardRat
10-11-2015, 02:22 PM
Yeah, me too.

Meathead
10-11-2015, 02:30 PM
absolutely no question

gut check time and they came through

great win. ok good win. ok win. but it does matter. this kinda stuff happens every single week in the nfl. they had the chance and made it happen. it counts and its huge at this point in the season

congrats bills

Skooby
10-11-2015, 02:33 PM
I'm almost certain we have scored more points than any other team this season in the 4th quarter.

trapezeus
10-11-2015, 02:34 PM
The Giants game had to be the wake up call and they came out even flatter on offense. I can't tell if they just miss their playmakers so much or if keeping tyrod in the pocket early allows the d to stop them
easily.

They em just need 3 yards on first downs and they look competent. Anything less and its 3 and out.

swiper
10-11-2015, 02:34 PM
This one is for Bud Adams.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_RnB6zCpc18Y/TDUM_y0fK_I/AAAAAAAABxA/htUgpmWMIyA/s1600/bud+adams.jpg

Gone, but not forgotten.

swiper
10-11-2015, 02:38 PM
The Giants game had to be the wake up call and they came out even flatter on offense. I can't tell if they just miss their playmakers so much or if keeping tyrod in the pocket early allows the d to stop them
easily.

They em just need 3 yards on first downs and they look competent. Anything less and its 3 and out.

Taylor seems to be getting worse. IDK. You may be right, I think they need their playmakers back. But that first pass attempt (lousy throw was low and behind) says a lot about where Taylor is going. It wasn't all the LeBeau defense (although some of it was). Taylor, to me, is a throwing running back. He sparked the team with his runs, but he started to cut and run too soon on each run (that wasn't a designed keeper) in the 2nd half.

Historian
10-11-2015, 02:41 PM
That being said, the worst thing you can have in the NFL is a win streak.

I think that makes the Bungholes ripe for the picking.

Bills in a laugher next week.

Then they can lose to the Jags and blame the travel in good conscience.

:up:

The Jokeman
10-11-2015, 02:45 PM
Taylor seems to be getting worse. IDK. You may be right, I think they need their playmakers back. But that first pass attempt (lousy throw was low and behind) says a lot about where Taylor is going. It wasn't all the LeBeau defense (although some of it was). Taylor, to me, is a throwing running back. He sparked the team with his runs, but he started to cut and run too soon on each run (that wasn't a designed keeper) in the 2nd half.

He's struggling if his first read isn't open. I made mention earlier this week that Robert Woods is a forgotten man in this offense. It's because once Tyrod doesn't see his first man open he lingers in the pocket and yes he's looking down field but he doesn't seem to be have his head on a swivel to find other guys. Yet I will give him credit in the 2nd half he started using his legs. I'll take the win but he has to start stepping up in the first halves of games.

justasportsfan
10-11-2015, 02:49 PM
I'll take the upset win.

Novacane
10-11-2015, 02:50 PM
I'll take it too. It's a hell of a lot better than losing!

swiper
10-11-2015, 03:01 PM
He's struggling if his first read isn't open. I made mention earlier this week that Robert Woods is a forgotten man in this offense. It's because once Tyrod doesn't see his first man open he lingers in the pocket and yes he's looking down field but he doesn't seem to be have his head on a swivel to find other guys. Yet I will give him credit in the 2nd half he started using his legs. I'll take the win but he has to start stepping up in the first halves of games.

Granted, the o-line is not helping his cause. If they could just keep the defenders off him for even another two count, he would make his reads and not run as much.

feldspar
10-11-2015, 03:02 PM
I'll take the upset win.

The Titans covered the spread, though.

What we miss the most is the running game at the moment. That's pretty huge. Pretty obvious.

We cut some good players, and now we have trash as of the moment.

helmetguy
10-11-2015, 03:04 PM
Fire the Coach!

Thurmal
10-11-2015, 03:08 PM
Great to be on the good end of a squeaker for once!

Meathead
10-11-2015, 03:10 PM
well they need to win at least one of the next two to make this matter. if they can win both that sets themselves up really well at 5-2. but they cant be any less than 4-3 going into the bye, then they can make it 5-3 at the halfway point going home to take on the dysfunctional fish before leaving to take on the jerks the cheaters and the charles less smiths all away. if they can come out of all that AT LEAST 6-5 they have a chance to get to ten wins. and if they can get to 7-4 after all of that they will be sitting relatively pretty having two tough games at home and two easier contests away left against the winnie the pooh looking *****es and the fk you native americans foreskins

- - - Updated - - -

Fire the Coach!

present the helmet and i will touch it

feldspar
10-11-2015, 03:18 PM
present the helmet and i will touch it

I always knew you were a depraved bastard!

Turf
10-11-2015, 03:28 PM
I think they need to start throwing some slants and short in routes. Everything is 4 guys running straight down the field or outs. Very uncreative passing routes. And why did we sign a fullback?

streetkings01
10-11-2015, 03:29 PM
We've been on the losing end of many games like that........ill take it.

Night Train
10-11-2015, 04:08 PM
If we play like this next Sunday, we lose by 2-3 TD's. Lots of work to do. Taylor and the D win the game. OL is brutal.

I'll take it and hope for improvement. I have no choice. This still looks very iffy this season.

paladin warrior
10-11-2015, 04:09 PM
I love to take win today . but next week beware and very tough vs Cinn

gebobs
10-11-2015, 06:03 PM
Remember that game with 14 fourth quarter points to win?Quibble: 7 in the 3rd.

Later
10-11-2015, 06:30 PM
I'm almost certain we have scored more points than any other team this season in the 4th quarter.

You are correct, sir. #1 in 4th quarter points and actually top 5 in first quarter points.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/4th-quarter-points-per-game

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/1st-quarter-points-per-game

psubills62
10-11-2015, 07:20 PM
Hate how they played so badly for most of the game, but love that we still pulled out a win.

Interestingly, as of this typing (watching SNF), there are 22 NFL teams with 0.500 records or worse. Only 5 games in, but looking top-heavy in the league. Three of the ten teams with > 0.500 record are in the AFC East.

Speaking of SNF, it really ticks me off that the Giants seemingly caught EVERYTHING against us but that Harris kid especially is dropping pass after pass tonight against a bad San Francisco team.

swiper
10-12-2015, 04:07 AM
I think they need to start throwing some slants and short in routes. Everything is 4 guys running straight down the field or outs. Very uncreative passing routes. And why did we sign a fullback?

Game plan wasn't so good. And there wasn't enough adjustment at halftime in this one.

swiper
10-12-2015, 04:56 AM
---