• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

So which is it?

Sometimes wins like this feel almost like losses because they expose major flaws and create doubt that we can actually beat good teams.

But there are no style points in the NFL and we beat a good D on the road with half our offense injured and guys we signed off the street, so maybe we should just feel fortunate that we got the win.

Those two things should be mutually exclusive, but somehow this feels like both at the same time.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • Bill Cody
    • Sep 2004

Re: So which is it?

It just feels like a win to me.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
      • Sep 2003

For me, I have to have this feel like a win. Because when the opposite happens, it feel ONLY like a loss.
      "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

OL is the monster issue. They are all swinging doors right now, outside of Incognito.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
          Skoobasaurus-Rex
          • Oct 2011

Every team that makes the playoffs has a few squeakers that they barely get a win against a so / so team, it's just usually we're the so / so team on the losing end of it all. Take what we can get and realize that half our starters missing isn't a call for betting the over.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

It's like we suck but got a lucky win
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• jimmifli
              • Nov 2006

Defense played really well considering the ToP. I'd like to see them get off the field a little easier, but 3 points in the first half was what won us this game.

Roman kept a balanced offense and was patient on the deep balls. Tyrod can hit the deep pass, and Roman seems to prefer waiting until the underneath gets crowded before going for it. I've always preferred to throw deep early in order to open up the underneath, but Roman's strategy should lead to more big plays (so far it has).

Overall, this is the type of win I expected with Rex and Roman. Here's to 8 more just like it...

Comment

• stuckincincy
                Buffalo Bills Fan
                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by jimmifli View Post
                Defense played really well considering the ToP. I'd like to see them get off the field a little easier, but 3 points in the first half was what won us this game.

Roman kept a balanced offense and was patient on the deep balls. Tyrod can hit the deep pass, and Roman seems to prefer waiting until the underneath gets crowded before going for it. I've always preferred to throw deep early in order to open up the underneath, but Roman's strategy should lead to more big plays (so far it has).

Overall, this is the type of win I expected with Rex and Roman. Here's to 8 more just like it...
                A 1 point win? It wasn't too long ago Roman was being praised here for pulling points out of his keester...
                Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Scumbag College
                  • Oct 2002

I dunno, can't really bemoan this win. Bills held a rookie QB that's put together 2 good games coming off a bye week to not much of a day, went on the road without their top WR and top 2 RBs, and overcame a 10 point 3rd quarter deficit. The Bills aren't the Pats or Packers and aren't good enough to go on the road vs. an average team and expect to win by three touchdowns. There are the undefeated teams, about fifteen or so teams in the middle, and about 10 teams in the bottom of the barrel. We're one of the fifteen in the middle on Columbus Day. There's a long way to go with only two of the top teams in the league left on the schedule. I'll take it.
                  Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• gebobs
                    One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                    • Sep 2003

They're going to get mortalized by Cinci.
                    Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• Thurmal
                      • Oct 2005

It was pretty cool seeing Tyrod pull it out in the fourth quarter despite seemingly not completing a pass to a WR all day.
                      "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • May 2009

Rape won't be a strong enough word to use next week.

Comment

• Mace
                          Haha...yeah you think so ?
                          • Mar 2013

I don't know. They're exposing flaws every week anyway. I'm most bothered by coaching. It's a win, feels like an unenthusiastic win. But so what, 3-2 is 3-2. 2-3 would have felt like 2-3 even if they lost heroically and I felt enthusiasm.

Don't mind saying though, my optimism is about gone. I thought they'd ride the Ryan 1st year shot of adrenaline way better than they appear to be.

I just had very little fun watching this game, and I never mind low scoring slugfests.

Comment

• tomz
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Scumbag College View Post
                            I dunno, can't really bemoan this win. Bills held a rookie QB that's put together 2 good games coming off a bye week to not much of a day, went on the road without their top WR and top 2 RBs, and overcame a 10 point 3rd quarter deficit. The Bills aren't the Pats or Packers and aren't good enough to go on the road vs. an average team and expect to win by three touchdowns. There are the undefeated teams, about fifteen or so teams in the middle, and about 10 teams in the bottom of the barrel. We're one of the fifteen in the middle on Columbus Day. There's a long way to go with only two of the top teams in the league left on the schedule. I'll take it.
                            actually, as was mentioned on nfl network, there are 4 division leaders and the Jets and the Bills with winning records in the AFC (similar in the NFC). The Bills are in the top group. One loss that was frustrating and one eked out win. I think we really are in the top 10, especially with our playmakers back. Who knows what we will see next week but I'll take it for now.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

The Titans played Jauron/Marrone ball today.

When you play not to lose....you lose.

Tyrod showed me something today that I haven't seen since Kelly.

Comment

Working...
                              X