• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mace
    Haha...yeah you think so ?
    • Mar 2013

What I enjoyed...

This was a painful game to watch, wasn't much fun to me.

I did enjoy some things.

- As horrified as I was seeing Kyle Williams out in the flat trying to contain Mariota, you have to love Williams mindset. He had no idea he couldn't unless Mariota ran out of bounds and he was running with all his might like Beebe chasing Leon Lett, if not so likely to work.

-The Taylor/Hogan drive. You wouldn't think you'd get that kind of dazzle from a couple guys you wonder about sometimes. That reverse where Hogan passed to Taylor didn't really work super good, but I loved that play, because if you watched it, Taylor stood there a moment pretending to be confused and even appearing to throw out his hands like "what happened ?" before turning and sprinting with focus for the catch. I loved that play. It came out of nowhere and gave me some hope Roman thinks outside the box.

-When Taylor runs, he doesn't run like a QB. And he has some serious arm and touch when he's on.

- When he has control of himself Hughes is the stuff, and can drop into emergency coverage like an OLB when he has to. Credit to Whaley for getting him, and I'm no Whaley fan.

- They won. We've seen this before and they didn't. But they did. Last drive I was expecting last minute Titans field goal, like a lot of us where. Didn't happen. Made me happy.

- Bills fans there. Give them credit, I heard them.
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

Re: What I enjoyed...

Originally posted by Mace View Post

Last drive I was expecting last minute Titans field goal, like a lot of us where. Didn't happen. Made me happy.
    only because the Titans are a bad NFL team.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Dareus' pressure on Mariota and Gilmore's play on the ball on the pick was enjoyable.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mace
        Haha...yeah you think so ?
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
        only because the Titans are a bad NFL team.
        Not sure they're a bad team, if short of being a good one atm. Made me happy anyway.

Comment

• John Doe
          Florida Man
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
          Dareus' pressure on Mariota and Gilmore's play on the ball on the pick was enjoyable.
          Darius did a good job of not drawing a penalty on the hit to Mariota. I thought for sure he was going to rough the passer.

Comment

• tomz
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Mace View Post

I did enjoy some things.

- As horrified as I was seeing Kyle Williams out in the flat trying to contain Mariota, you have to love Williams mindset. He had no idea he couldn't unless Mariota ran out of bounds and he was running with all his might like Beebe chasing Leon Lett, if not so likely to work.

-The Taylor/Hogan drive. You wouldn't think you'd get that kind of dazzle from a couple guys you wonder about sometimes. That reverse where Hogan passed to Taylor didn't really work super good, but I loved that play, because if you watched it, Taylor stood there a moment pretending to be confused and even appearing to throw out his hands like "what happened ?" before turning and sprinting with focus for the catch. I loved that play. It came out of nowhere and gave me some hope Roman thinks outside the box.

-When Taylor runs, he doesn't run like a QB. And he has some serious arm and touch when he's on.

- When he has control of himself Hughes is the stuff, and can drop into emergency coverage like an OLB when he has to. Credit to Whaley for getting him, and I'm no Whaley fan.

- They won. We've seen this before and they didn't. But they did. Last drive I was expecting last minute Titans field goal, like a lot of us where. Didn't happen. Made me happy.

- Bills fans there. Give them credit, I heard them.
            I was there and I think Nashville is still overrun with bills' fans celebrating. Agree on Hughes. Awesome hustle and speed. And Taylor made an amazing catch look casual on that pass from hogan.

Comment

• Oaf
              Do you read what you write?
              • Jun 2007

I thought we were going to lose this game going in. Haven't been them in 2000. Great payback.

Comment

• jimmifli
                • Nov 2006

I enjoyed Woods down field block that took out two Titans and let Tyrod twinkle toe into the endzone.

I also enjoyed the massive punts that wouldn't let Tennessee win the field position battle.

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

Great point on Scmitt.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Meathead
                    Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                    • Jul 2002

also schmidt
                    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Famous Amos
                      • Jul 2013

I enjoyed the tight coverage and the passers defended by the Bills secondary. It seems like we have a decent unit when they are on.

Also enjoyed Meatball's balls to the wall pursuit of Mariota.
                      "Hate is a lack of imagination."
                      -Graham Greene

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                        Skoobasaurus-Rex
                        • Oct 2011

How about the Titans guy getting blasted by T-Mobile ? Think that F-er realized why they call him T-mobile ??

Comment

• CoolBreeze
                          • Feb 2009

Who's Darius? I checked the roster. No Darius on it. There's a DAREUS. #99.
                          Originally posted by John Doe View Post
                          Darius did a good job of not drawing a penalty on the hit to Mariota. I thought for sure he was going to rough the passer.

Comment

• feldspar
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by jimmifli View Post

I also enjoyed the massive punts that wouldn't let Tennessee win the field position battle.
                            I was just about to tip my hat to Colton Schmidt.

I read Peter King's Monday Morning Quarterback most weeks, and Schmidt is King's Special Teams Player of the week:

"Sunday was a field-position game in Tennessee, and Schmidt played a big role for the Bills. He punted seven times for a 51.0-yard average, and only once in 11 drives did Tennessee start on Buffalo’s side of the field. For the season, Schmidt is averaging 48.5 yards per punt and a net of 42.6, both very good."

Comment

• jimmifli
                              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                              I was just about to tip my hat to Colton Schmidt.

I read Peter King's Monday Morning Quarterback most weeks, and Schmidt is King's Special Teams Player of the week:

"Sunday was a field-position game in Tennessee, and Schmidt played a big role for the Bills. He punted seven times for a 51.0-yard average, and only once in 11 drives did Tennessee start on Buffalo’s side of the field. For the season, Schmidt is averaging 48.5 yards per punt and a net of 42.6, both very good."
                              Against a dink and dunk offense that picks up first downs 10.1 yards at a time, those extra punt yards are very meaningful. It essentially adds an additional first down required before our opponent score points, and our defense is stingy especially against the big play. It's tough to move the ball more than 40 yards with short throws and runs into our Dline.

Comment

Working...
                              X