X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scumbag College
    • Oct 2002

The Bills are going to beat Cincy next week

I'm not sold on Cincy being unbeatable. They are 5-0, but their opponents are a combined 6-13. They have wins against the Raiders, Chiefs, and Ravens, who've all looked lousy. They beat the Chargers, whom are very average, and the Seahawks, who've taken a step backwards.

Maybe I'm a homer optimist drinking the Kool Aid, but today's win was exactly what this team needed. Hard fought, ugly, and taking a second half comeback with a depleted group of offensive playmakers. If there's ever been a "humbling win", this is it. There isn't going to be any national media attention on the Bills coming into this game, other than being an opponent of an undefeated team. They played smarter and didn't get baited into taking any stupid unsportsmanlike conducts today. (I know that that's aiming really low.)

The Bengals are good, but nothing about them screams great other than AJ Green. I think we win ugly again next Sunday, 23-17.
    Last edited by Scumbag College; 10-11-2015, 07:28 PM.
    Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/
  • Kenny
    • Aug 2004

Re: The Bills are going to beat Cincy next week

We barely beat the Titans and got our asses handed to us by the Giants. These were two teams we should have beat easily.
    Unless the Bengals have an off week, Im not sure what exactly you're seeing.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
      • Sep 2003

You are a homer optimist. Nothing wrong with that. I don't think there's a very good chance of the Bills winning the game.
      "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

Let's convince Andy Dalton it's a playoff game.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• psubills62
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2008

A quick look at the stats indicates Cincy is mediocre in running the ball (4.0 YPC), and in passing defense (7.5 YPA).

However, their passing offense is 1st in the league in YPA (9.5). The next best team is at 9.0 YPA (San Diego). I found that fairly surprising. They are also the 4th worst running defense (by average) at 4.8 YPC.

For me, until we start getting Watkins, McCoy, and Williams back, we're going to struggle on offense. No team is unbeatable, but I don't have great expectations for this game. Based on those simple stats, if Cincy relies on OL protection for the deep passes, our pass rush may be able to help neutralize it. If we have one of our top RB's, that would help too, given Cincy's poor run D. Not really sure what to think here, but I still think we will lose.
          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• TakingItuptheChin
            Zoner
            • Aug 2014

The Cincinnati Bungholes will get blown out by the Bills . You can bank on that.
            These Bungholes will lose by at least 3 touchdowns.
            Last edited by TakingItuptheChin; 10-11-2015, 09:42 PM.

Comment

• Oaf
              Do you read what you write?
              • Jun 2007

We have a pass defense to match wits. We'll need to score 24+ likely, but we've got a shot. We need to get healthy, fast.

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

I've kind of had this game pin-pointed as our 2015 version of vs Green Bay or vs Baltimore...got a lot better feeling about this one than I did the Titans.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Oaf
                  • Jun 2007

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                  I've kind of had this game pin-pointed as our 2015 version of vs Green Bay or vs Baltimore...got a lot better feeling about this one than I did the Titans.
                  Same. I thought we were going to drop this one, then fight hard to get back to 3-3 with a 27-24 game.

Comment

• feldspar
                    • Mar 2007

For what it's worth, the point-spread in this game is a pick 'em. There is no spread. It's zero right now.

I kind of agree with that. I think it's anybody's game.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the Bills beat Cincy. I hope the fact that they are going to London the following week doesn't distract them.
                    Last edited by feldspar; 10-11-2015, 11:37 PM.

Comment

• Oaf
                      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                      I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the Bills beat Cincy. I hope the fact that they are going to London the following week doesn't distract them.
                      If anything, they'll drop the Jags game after a win against CIN.

Comment

• Topas
                        German smartass
                        • Feb 2014

Right. They only beat mediocre team. But they also only player mediocre teams, since the dont have the 49ers with Montana and Rice on their schedule. And while they beat all their mediocre teams we lost to the freaking Giants and had to rely on wonders and bracelets to beat the Titans. The frigging TITANS.
                        Actually I think we do stand a chance if we somehow manage to have less than 10 penalties and the O Line starts to block some guys in different jerseys. But with the current Bills, that is two very big IFs.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                          Skoobasaurus-Rex
                          • Oct 2011

Cincy has a good team that's played a very easy schedule, we lost to NE / Giants who both lead their divisions. NE is considered the best team in the league right now by most and the current champs, we lost by one score and had a chance to tie it.

I expect the line to end up Cincy -1.5 & the Bills winning by 10, if we get Karlos and Sammy back (which we will).

Comment

• Swiper
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2010

Dalton leads the league in passing yards (LINK).

Top 3 QBs by rating:

Tom Brady
                            Aaron Rodgers
                            Andy Dalton

With the QBs you guys have/have had I wouldn't cast any stones at Andy Dalton. He's getting the job done - with his arm, like he's supposed to. Not his legs, like a running back allowed to throw.

Buffalo should change it's name from the Bills to the Fantasy Maddens.

Comment

• Historian
                              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                              • Dec 2002

I think the Bills win this game.

I think it comes down to the noise, and turnovers.

Comment

Working...
                              X