• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Graham's shoulder to shoulder hit & penalty is sticking in my craw

I mean what is Corey supposed to do but separate the WR from the ball ?? Maybe he should use harsh language (oh wait that's a penalty as well). Shoulder to shoulder hit, completely legal but could of affected the outcome. The Bills know the refs are out to get them, yet they overcame it. I love it...

Last edited by Skooby; 10-12-2015, 03:14 AM.
  • MitchMurrayDowntown
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Re: Graham's shoulder to shoulder hit & penalty is sticking in my craw

“Criminal," Brandon said. "It was criminal.”

IMO- expect an apology from the league, this penalty was a complete joke.
    Last edited by Skooby; 10-12-2015, 03:17 AM.

Comment

• Historian
      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
      • Dec 2002

Flag was pretty late too, as I recall.

If you have to think about it that much....keep the flag in your pocket.

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

The fact they handled it this game might be a sign they aren't going to keep going after them. I thought the offsides to start the game was absurd. It was so close. The Wimbledon gun would have had a hard time calling that.

It is not a figment of people's imagination. These penalties are out of control.

And in the browns game they called another clean hit a shot to the head which took that game to ot

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
          • Aug 2004

Honestly I think it is a makeup call from the previous play where the flag for horse collar tackle was picked up. Tyrod got the call in his drive but Mariotta didn't. That sort of stuff goes around all the time.

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

15 yards for tackling.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
              15 yards for tackling.
              LOL, I was screaming that at the TV. Isn't it legal to separate the WR from the ball using a shoulder to shoulder hit ?? Sure it was violent but they're not out there playing badminton now are they ?

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
                Honestly I think it is a makeup call from the previous play where the flag for horse collar tackle was picked up. Tyrod got the call in his drive but Mariotta didn't. That sort of stuff goes around all the time.
                Thing is, on Tyrod the defender had his jersey up near the nameplate. On Mariota he had the jersey between the numbers. Huge difference IMO- less leverage, less chance of rolling up on the legs from that angle.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                  • Mar 2004

I said it last week and I'll say it again this week. The NFL is becoming an unwatchable product. Flag after flag. Commentators have no idea what they are talking about. Referees seeing things that aren't there, and missing things right in front of them. 5 zillion commercial breaks during a game. I also find it convenient that every game seems to be on commercial at the exact same ***** time.

/rant

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                    Making Spirits Bright
                    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                    Thing is, on Tyrod the defender had his jersey up near the nameplate. On Mariota he had the jersey between the numbers. Huge difference IMO- less leverage, less chance of rolling up on the legs from that angle.
                    The official actually explained it a little bit but the announcers didn't listen to him. He stated that since the defenders hand was not 'by the collar' it was not a penalty. The announcers kept repeating that for both plays the defender did not have his hand IN the collar. They don't know the rule and just kept saying that they need to call it the same for both teams. They were clearly 2 different types of tackles, the TEN player had his hand on the name plate of the ball carrier (which is 'by the collar') and the BUF player had his hand on the numbers of the ball carriers jersey.

Comment

• Luisito23
                      Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                      Commentators have no idea what they are talking about.
                      Tasker has no business being anywhere near the commentator's booth...

Great player, but an idiot of an announcer.
                      "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                      ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                      ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                      ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

I have been a football fan my entire life. In the last 5 years, i no longer know what constitutes a catch and i can't tell why people call half the penalties they do.

i also don't think it's a coincidence that the NFL is in bed with draft kings and fanduel, and all of a sudden games are called a lot differently than 5 years ago. Those fantasy sites are gambling. but for some reason, they aren't considered gambling because you pick players vs picking games. the NFL has coupon codes pedding this stuff.

this year it has been the most pronounced. and i have to say, this is the hardest year to figure out what the heck is going on. Cleveland beats baltimore, but they can't beat Tenn.

it is becoming more obvious every year that this thing has become the WWE.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

That penalty is called all the time, in every game, in efforts to protect the players.

You can not like it all you want but it is the rule and is called correctly.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                            Zero for Zero!
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                            That penalty is called all the time, in every game, in efforts to protect the players.

You can not like it all you want but it is the rule and is called correctly.
                            Not really. They call hits to the head or hits with the crown of the head, but not this one.

It was a bad call. Bad calls happen

The idea that the refs are out to get them is absurd however.
                            Originally posted by mysticsoto
                            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

His shoulder clearly hit the guy and he didn't hit him in the head.

Its been poorly called in a number of games this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X