PDA

View Full Version : BILLS Tailgating Event this Sunday - For Lindy

Blondie
10-12-2015, 09:06 AM
Not sure how many of you all are aware, but Coastal and I have a very good friend who recently lost her sister in a domestic violence shooting down here in Florida. He name is Lindy, and is originally from Buffalo, NY. This Sunday is a Tailgating event to help raise money for the family. Sharing this here, because you are all Buffalo family. If anyone is going to the game this Sunday and tailgating please help support this family!

https://scontent.ftpa1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/12112151_705828032852294_8984146838922926196_n.jpg?oh=c9c94ab38624823268794c3178615557&oe=56990D72

Thank you,
The Nelson's (aka Coastal and Blondie)

casdhf
10-12-2015, 09:14 AM
I'm sure Mario Williams will show

IlluminatusUIUC
10-12-2015, 09:39 AM
I don't mean to be flippant, but please tell me that's not the guy in the picture.

coastal
10-12-2015, 11:08 AM
I don't mean to be flippant, but please tell me that's not the guy in the picture.
No it's not. Lindy's friend's husband killed Lindy and her friend an hour after he was in court being told to have no contact with his wife for a period of one year.

its not about him though.

its about this family that was forever changed. Buffalo is a great city and a place I hope to move back to someday. The victim grew up in Kenmore. Her dad coached UB hockey for years. I coach his grandson. His grandson is best friends with my son. Lindy was his aunt.

This is is very personal and if anyone from here can go and support this cause, Mario included, it would be very much appreciated.

~ coastal

YardRat
10-12-2015, 02:35 PM
Those attending the game won't be able to support the event since it is being held at a different venue, unless I'm reading the poster wrong, or donations are being accepted via other means. Hope they get a huge turnout from the community, though.

drummernut745
10-12-2015, 04:01 PM
Those attending the game won't be able to support the event since it is being held at a different venue, unless I'm reading the poster wrong, or donations are being accepted via other means. Hope they get a huge turnout from the community, though.

Hello all ...

Thank you for posting this flyer and for offering comments of support. I am actually one of the organizers for the event and a long time friend of the family (I have known them since grammar school). I frequent this board as a viewer but really don't post much. It was obviously a bit of a surprise when I came across the posting

If you want or need further info about how you might be able to help then please feel free to communicate through this thread and I'd be glad to help :)

Thanks again!

Blondie
10-13-2015, 11:10 AM
Hello all ...

Thank you for posting this flyer and for offering comments of support. I am actually one of the organizers for the event and a long time friend of the family (I have known them since grammar school). I frequent this board as a viewer but really don't post much. It was obviously a bit of a surprise when I came across the posting

If you want or need further info about how you might be able to help then please feel free to communicate through this thread and I'd be glad to help :)

Thanks again!

This is SOOO awesome!!

I was hoping someone on this board would know this family or was aware of the situation.

So glad I did this now!!

gebobs
10-13-2015, 11:28 AM
How awful.

Blondie
10-13-2015, 01:59 PM
How awful.

Here is ONE story of what happened ... doesn't have too many details, but you get the drift of what happened.

She was just being a supportive friend to a woman trying to get away from her abusive husband.

http://www.wgrz.com/story/news/crime/2015/08/28/kenmore-native-killed--florida-shooting/71302962/

drummernut745
10-13-2015, 06:18 PM
This is SOOO awesome!!

I was hoping someone on this board would know this family or was aware of the situation.

So glad I did this now!!

No problem :) Oddly enough, I am actually the one who created that flyer too.... should've seen the look on my face when I opened this post lol

Thanks again for helping us promote this. There is also an article coming out in the Ken-Ton Bee about the event tomorrow. Check it out!

J

Blondie
10-14-2015, 01:36 PM
No problem :) Oddly enough, I am actually the one who created that flyer too.... should've seen the look on my face when I opened this post lol

Thanks again for helping us promote this. There is also an article coming out in the Ken-Ton Bee about the event tomorrow. Check it out!

J

Please be sure to post any updates here as well...

I am seeing a lot of cool stuff that is going to be auctioned off..

Maybe you can post some of them pictures in this thread??

feldspar
10-14-2015, 01:54 PM
Here is ONE story of what happened ... doesn't have too many details, but you get the drift of what happened.

She was just being a supportive friend to a woman trying to get away from her abusive husband.

http://www.wgrz.com/story/news/crime/2015/08/28/kenmore-native-killed--florida-shooting/71302962/

Not sure whether I'm more angry or saddened by this.

drummernut745
10-14-2015, 02:20 PM
Yes .. that's actually me behind all of the Facebooking. I'm not sure how to post pics on here ... I'm having a hrd time figuring it out. So ... I will just post a link to the event Facebook page!

Some of the really cool stuff we have is:

Keg-A-Cue Propane Grill with a 3 piece stainless steel Buffalo Bills BBQ utensil set
Limited Edition and Rare autographed French Connection Painting (with CoA)
Autographed Patrick Kane 2014 Olympic Jersey
Autographed Tyler Ennis Jersey
Autographed 2014-2015 Dallas Mavericks Team Basketball (with CoA)
Bills and Sabres Game Tickets
Tons more!

Ken Ton Bee Article

http://www.kentonbee.com/news/2015-10-14/Front_Page/Tailgate_for_Lindy_to_raise_money_for_college_fund.html

Facebook Event Page
https://www.facebook.com/events/1520942604862621/

(https://www.facebook.com/events/1520942604862621/)

Blondie
10-16-2015, 11:03 AM
Bump because it is Friday and hopefully people can try and make this!

Blondie
10-17-2015, 06:44 AM
Bump again .. The Lindy's sister told us last night they have over 200 Baskets they will be auctioning off ... this will be a HUGE turn out .. Go win some cool stuff and help this family out