PDA

View Full Version : THIS IS JUST NOT FAIR!

DetDannyWilliams
10-12-2015, 05:25 PM
<iframe src="http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/embed?playlist=2015020034-531-h&site=sabres" frameborder="0" width="640" height="395"></iframe>

McDavid who :question:

DetDannyWilliams
10-12-2015, 05:44 PM
I mean this is something you would only see in the EA Sports NHL video games...not in real life! ABSOLUTELY :sick:

YardRat
10-12-2015, 05:46 PM
He may become the sniper the team has been missing for so long...has a lot of growing into the game to do, but if early signs are any indication the learning curve isn't going to be too steep.

At the Saturday game in between periods they ran a feature on the scoreboard where they were showing avatars of the players on the roster and asking some (like Eichel) who the avatar represented. He appears to be really comfortable amongst the 'men' (referring to them by nicknames) but you could really see the kid in him come out when he was laughing at a few of them. Has a lot of poise, on and off the ice.

ckg927
10-12-2015, 06:12 PM
And that highlight has made it to Deadspin.

Go ahead and put this quote from Kevin Draper's post as your signature: "Jack Eichel was drafted less than 4 months ago, and he's already The Truth."

Meathead
10-12-2015, 08:15 PM
i said it elsewhere but hes making nhl veterans look like kids. seems impossible but there it is

JATMtheJATM
10-12-2015, 09:55 PM
Alot of my friends are red wing fans are pointing to dylan larkin's start and asking why eichel hasn't matched larkin yet. Larkin is a supporting cast member of the wings right now, not the focal point. Eichel is under a microscope on a much worse team.

YardRat
10-13-2015, 08:00 AM
Seems like the home crowd cheers every time the kid simply steps onto the ice.

gebobs
10-13-2015, 08:08 AM
Alot of my friends are red wing fans are pointing to dylan larkin's start and asking why eichel hasn't matched larkin yet
Hopefully they're just messing with you. Red Wings fans should be smarter than that. If three games were truly a measure, then there are 29 teams that should be asking why any of their first rounders aren't matching up to Oscar Lindberg.

Also, The Wings two opponents thus far are a combined 0-5. The Sabres three opponents are 5-4. Again, it's early...just sayin'.

sahlensguy
10-13-2015, 08:38 AM
Every goal has been a spectacle.

I'm here for Eichel

Dr. Who
10-13-2015, 08:59 AM
And this is why the tank was absolutely the right thing to do.
And you know most of the dopes who couldn't stop bellyaching about it are going to be the loudest talking about how great Eichel is.

sahlensguy
10-13-2015, 09:01 AM
And this is why the tank was absolutely the right thing to do.
And you know most of the dopes who couldn't stop bellyaching about it are going to be the loudest talking about how great Eichel is.

Loved the tank. I asked early on ignorantly so, if it was worth it, was there the next Lemieux? Wagon said yes, some guy named McDavid. I said, cool, I was in.

I couldn't be happier with Jack iGoal.

JATMtheJATM
10-13-2015, 09:18 AM
Hopefully they're just messing with you. Red Wings fans should be smarter than that. If three games were truly a measure, then there are 29 teams that should be asking why any of their first rounders aren't matching up to Oscar Lindberg.

Also, The Wings two opponents thus far are a combined 0-5. The Sabres three opponents are 5-4. Again, it's early...just sayin'.

They aren't diehard fans. So I'm pretty sure they are serious.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
10-13-2015, 12:29 PM
His reaction to the deflection was almost instantaneous. Loved how he kept the puck in the zone.

YardRat
10-13-2015, 12:58 PM
I didn't like the tank, and still don't. Eichel looks like he could become a special player, how that turns out in the long run remains to be seen.

WagonCircler
10-13-2015, 01:04 PM
To me, there's no parallel for a Sabres debut. I was only seven for Perreault's rookie year, so I don't know what his first few games were like.

The only similar Buffalo debut I can come up with is Cornelius Bennett.

He was freakish in running down Elway. Like he should have been wearing a red cape with an "S" on it.

That's how fast Eichel looks, but then, when you add in the poise and the hands and the accuracy of his shot...I got nothin'.

sahlensguy
10-13-2015, 01:06 PM
His reaction to the deflection was almost instantaneous. Loved how he kept the puck in the zone.

The whole play was great. Reaction, speed, drive, muscle, shot.

And that shot...omg. His wrister was the one thing that stood out in his scouting videos. So so lethal.

And the timing of his two goals so far plus those preseason have all been timely. No puffers in the bunch. Dude is clutch.

gebobs
10-13-2015, 01:08 PM
To me, there's no parallel for a Sabres debut. I was only seven for Perreault's rookie year, so I don't know what his first few games were like.I wasn't much older. Dominant on offense, shaky in his own end like no coach today would tolerate. Combined -80 over his first two years. Punch was more concerned about getting fannies in the seats than defense. Good idea.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
10-14-2015, 08:58 AM
I miss Ramsay on PK doing the figure skating routine.

Dozerdog
10-14-2015, 11:59 AM
To me, there's no parallel for a Sabres debut. I was only seven for Perreault's rookie year, so I don't know what his first few games were like.

The only similar Buffalo debut I can come up with is Cornelius Bennett.

He was freakish in running down Elway. Like he should have been wearing a red cape with an "S" on it.

That's how fast Eichel looks, but then, when you add in the poise and the hands and the accuracy of his shot...I got nothin'.The big difference was that the entire team debut in 1970, not just Gilbert Perreault.

He put up, at the time, a rookie record in points scored. He also scored in his first game. But the entire team was new, so the excitement wasn't around just one guy.

OJ Simpson's debut was pretty big and anticipated in it's day.

YardRat
10-14-2015, 05:12 PM
Kelly's debut didn't exactly fly under the radar either.

WagonCircler
10-14-2015, 06:34 PM
Kelly's debut didn't exactly fly under the radar either.

No, I was there for that, and it was exciting as hell, but what I mean is the raw physical talent. The speed. It just jumps right out at you.

Playing QB in the NFL is far and away the hardest thing to do in any sport on Earth, but the complexity isn't so visually, glaringly obvious, even though it's definitely the most impressive thing you can do, especially as a rookie*.

But speed and shooting--wow. The really talented players just look like they're playing a different game than everybody else.

sahlensguy
10-15-2015, 05:44 AM
No, I was there for that, and it was exciting as hell, but what I mean is the raw physical talent. The speed. It just jumps right out at you.

Playing QB in the NFL is far and away the hardest thing to do in any sport on Earth, but the complexity isn't so visually, glaringly obvious, even though it's definitely the most impressive thing you can do, especially as a rookie*.

But speed and shooting--wow. The really talented players just look like they're playing a different game than everybody else.

Let's not forget the skating, lol. I think it was his last preseason goal, the short handed rush from the defensive zone one that stood out to me. Just before the crease, with a full head of steam, Eichel cut to his right and shot the wrister while on the outside of his right skate blade. Wow, skating with such skill, power and confidence is unusual at his age.

Dmoney
10-15-2015, 07:26 AM

I am with you on the speed and the shot... love his first few strides, he is up to speed in an instant...powerful looking.... that shot against Columbus was evil...has about 4 inches to hit, and nailed it...