Boobie Dixon not in shape per Ryan. Not happy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Boobie Dixon not in shape per Ryan. Not happy!

So if Boobie isn't the answer was Bryce Brown that big a problem to keep him when he was clearly the better back.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Boobie Dixon not in shape per Ryan. Not happy!

Pretty sure the determining factor between Boobie and Brown was special teams. Neither one is supposed to be 'the answer', that was supposed to be Shady and Karlos.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Luisito23
      Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
      • Apr 2003

Bah, who cares, Dixon's trash...and wasn't Shady and Karlos supposed to be back next week anyways?
      "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
      ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
      ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
      ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Meathead
        Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
        • Jul 2002

bryce brown cant even get a tryout with the roller derby
        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post
          So if Boobie isn't the answer was Bryce Brown that big a problem to keep him when he was clearly the better back.
          Actually Fjax was a way better back. Not only in productivity but a leader. This circus team needed/needs a leader.
          Last edited by justasportsfan; 10-13-2015, 07:49 AM.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• djjimkelly
            • Apr 2003

well after reading this.........

when i said i could do exactly what boobie does is actually accurate

i expect him cut soon

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

I was talking to a recent NFL retiree & he said Dixon has no place on the field at all, shouldn't be playing.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

This makes no sense. Why would they keep Dixon when he's out of shape when we still had FJax and Bryce Brown?
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Scumbag College
                  • Oct 2002

From August at RB the Bills went from a superstar in Shady, a team leader and consistent producer in Mr. Buffalo Bill Fred Ex, an exciting rookie in Karlos, and a potentially good back that hopefully could cure a fumble problem in Brown- to vs. the Titans having "1 yd and down" Dixon, Cierre Wood who was looking for a 9-5 this summer, and Boom who fumbled in one of his few runs.

I like most of the decisions that Whaley has made for the team but the RB position was really mismanaged from training camp to present.
                  Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• Ed
                    Dude
                    • Sep 2002

I think this thread is a little misleading. Rex said that Boobie is not where they want him to be because he's been dealing with an injury and missed all of training camp. I don't think he's saying Boobie is out of shape and he's unhappy with him. Here are some quotes:
                    "Boobie is not what we want him to be right now because he had missed all of training camp," Ryan said. "I think he’d be the first to tell you that. So we’re doing the best we can, it’s just not an ideal situation."

Asked about his calf after Sunday's game, Dixon responded, "I'm better. I'm not gonna make that excuse. I know I won't be 100 percent this year. It's all about grinding and staying in the fight long enough to make plays and help your team win. That's what I did today, so I'm not worried about getting back to 100 percent. I'm just worried about winning."
                    A rash of injuries at running back has the Buffalo Bills down to two healthy options -- Boobie Dixon and Daniel Herron.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                      Making Spirits Bright
                      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                      I think this thread is a little misleading. Rex said that Boobie is not where they want him to be because he's been dealing with an injury and missed all of training camp. I don't think he's saying Boobie is out of shape and he's unhappy with him. Here are some quotes:

"Boobie is not what we want him to be right now because he had missed all of training camp," Ryan said. "I think he’d be the first to tell you that. So we’re doing the best we can, it’s just not an ideal situation."

Asked about his calf after Sunday's game, Dixon responded, "I'm better. I'm not gonna make that excuse. I know I won't be 100 percent this year. It's all about grinding and staying in the fight long enough to make plays and help your team win. That's what I did today, so I'm not worried about getting back to 100 percent. I'm just worried about winning."
                      http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bill...-healthy-backs
                      Don't try to put this situation into context, the internet has no place for that. The thread title makes it seem like Rex is pissed off at Dixon for not being able to put his pants on without being short of breath and that's the way it's going to stay in my mind.

Comment

• gebobs
                        One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                        • Sep 2003

So if I guy is injured and isn't in season shape, the question stands: Why do you cut a guy that is the team's heart-and-soul, who can still be relied on for fill in duty, who is regarded as one of the best blocking backs around and keep the fat ass? It didn't make sense then and it's not making any more sense now.
                        Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• Mace
                          Haha...yeah you think so ?
                          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
                          Don't try to put this situation into context, the internet has no place for that. The thread title makes it seem like Rex is pissed off at Dixon for not being able to put his pants on without being short of breath and that's the way it's going to stay in my mind.
                          Yes !

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Ed View Post

http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bill...-healthy-backs
                            That was not the quote I was referring to...I guess I have to go hunt it down now.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Scumbag College View Post
                            From August at RB the Bills went from a superstar in Shady, a team leader and consistent producer in Mr. Buffalo Bill Fred Ex, an exciting rookie in Karlos, and a potentially good back that hopefully could cure a fumble problem in Brown- to vs. the Titans having "1 yd and down" Dixon, Cierre Wood who was looking for a 9-5 this summer, and Boom who fumbled in one of his few runs.

I like most of the decisions that Whaley has made for the team but the RB position was really mismanaged from training camp to present.
                            Great post...exactly.

Comment

• Mahdi
                              • Mar 2004

Can we just sign Ray Rice now.

The guy made a mistake its over. He's a good back and can block and receive. He will also be playing his butt off to regain his status in the league.

Comment

Working...
                              X