• Yasgur's Farm
    • Feb 2005

Taylor MCL Sprain

Could miss multiple games
  • Yasgur's Farm
    • Feb 2005

Re: Taylor MCL Strain

Per La Canfora twitter:

"Tyrod Taylor could miss multiple games with an MCL sprain suffered on a horse-collar tackle Sun. Bills will prepare EJ Manuel to start Sun."

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Well, this is going to get real interesting.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• MillsapsBillsFan
        • Mar 2015

EJ time. Lets see how this works out

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
          Making Spirits Bright
          • Mar 2006

Re: Taylor MCL Sprain

Did anyone see EJ's handoff last week? He looked like Montana out there, I'm pumped.

Comment

• chris66
            • Sep 2006

Well you have jacksonville then a bye. If you get lucky he'll only miss 2 games

Comment

• Scumbag College
              • Oct 2002

Looking ahead to Jax, if EJ starts I hope he sticks it to that creep Marrone who really mismanaged EJ's first two years in the league.
              Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                Pinkerton's son
                • Feb 2006

Not good. Thankful for Jax and then the Bye.

Comment

• Topas
                  German smartass
                  • Feb 2014

Was it the horse collar or the pass to the QB. That looked more like it.

Comment

• feldspar
                    • Mar 2007

Dumb as all-get-out to trade Cassel like we did. Said that from the start. He'll probably be starting for Dallas in their next game already. I'm not a big Cassel fan, but I would see him as our best option at this point. We're talking about backup QBs. Now we're pretty much doomed to lose games if EJ gets hurt, maybe even if he doesn't get hurt. But, like my old pal YardRat just said, it's about to get interesting. Let's see what EJ can do in this tough spot...a real test for this kid. Could be that he surprises. Hope so, if these reports are true about Tyrod.

Only a matter of time before these so-called running QBs get hurt, and the powers-that-be should know this; therefore, they should have planned accordingly. How many running QBs do we have on the team now?

Personally, I'd prefer Cassel in this spot over EJ, and certainly over Josh Johnson if it ever came to that...and it might.

By the way, Josh Johnson is Marshawn Lynch's cousin.
                    Last edited by feldspar; 10-13-2015, 12:41 PM.

Comment

• Ed
                      Dude
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
                      Did anyone see EJ's handoff last week? He looked like Montana out there, I'm pumped.
                      Hey for what it's worth I believe Karlos Williams best run, the long TD against Miami, came from an EJ hand-off. He might just be our best hander offer.

Bummer for Tyrod, but considering we have the Jags and a bye after Cincy, I think the timing could have been worse. I was pretty encouraged by the way EJ played in the preseason and I'm sure he's pumped for the opportunity. Maybe he plays well and the Bills can trade him for a higher draft pick. Who knows, it could end up working out well for the Bills.

Comment

• Ed
                        Dude
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Topas View Post
                        Was it the horse collar or the pass to the QB. That looked more like it.
                        It was probably both. He was clearly in a lot of pain and limping after the horse collar, and then he took a hard shot to the same leg on that pass play.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
                          Could miss multiple games
                          I love the "could" which means no knowledge if he will or not. Can't reporters do some digging before speculating what could or could not happen.

Comment

• Ed
                            Dude
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                            I love the "could" which means no knowledge if he will or not. Can't reporters do some digging before speculating what could or could not happen.
                            Well it's not like he can report definitively that he will or won't miss multiple games. No one knows how Tyrod is going to feel next week.

Comment

• Night Train
                              Retired - On Several Levels
                              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                              Dumb as all-get-out to trade Cassel like we did. Said that from the start. He'll probably be starting for Dallas in their next game already. I'm not a big Cassel fan, but I would see him as our best option at this point. We're talking about backup QBs. Now we're pretty much doomed to lose games if EJ gets hurt, maybe even if he doesn't get hurt. But, like my old pal YardRat just said, it's about to get interesting. Let's see what EJ can do in this tough spot...a real test for this kid. Could be that he surprises. Hope so, if these reports are true about Tyrod.

Only a matter of time before these so-called running QBs get hurt, and the powers-that-be should know this; therefore, they should have planned accordingly. How many running QBs do we have on the team now?

Personally, I'd prefer Cassel in this spot over EJ, and certainly over Josh Johnson if it ever came to that...and it might.

By the way, Josh Johnson is Marshawn Lynch's cousin.
                              Not me. Cassel has cement feet and was deserving of his waiver status. Just because he's starting for Dallas now as their 3rd option makes no impression on me at all. His throws were terrible and he's incredibly easy to defense. Injuries are killing us but he's no savior.

Not a Manuel fan but he looked tons better than Matt Waiver.
                              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                              X