PDA

View Full Version : EJ Manuel Gets A Chance To Be The Bills Starting Quarterback

BillsImpossible
10-13-2015, 05:26 PM
I'm excited to see EJ Manuel get a chance to play the 5-0 Bengals.

Would I rather have Cassel? No way.

I'd rather see the kid get a shot to prove he has what it takes under competent offensive leadership.

I hope EJ Manuel has the game of his life against the Bengals.

His height advantage is going to be something interesting to watch play out on Sunday.

Tyrod has played exceptionally well, so it's going to be hard to top that, but if EJ starts hitting guys over the middle consistently, plays lights out and wins a couple of games for the Bills, Meathead was right all along. :tailgate:

justasportsfan
10-13-2015, 05:34 PM
Meanwhile ,Cassel gets his chance to start with the Cowboys too.

Luisito23
10-13-2015, 05:36 PM
If he plays like he did in the pre-season, I don't wanna see Taylor ever again...and I agree on Cassel, I'm glad that bum is gone.

BillsImpossible
10-13-2015, 05:37 PM

How freaking ironic is that?

Luisito23
10-13-2015, 05:41 PM

LOL, did you see how horrible Weeden is?...The only reason Cassel is starting is because he's slightly less horrible.

They're both a bunch of pathetic scrubs.

YardRat
10-13-2015, 05:49 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing the reaction of fans when EJ throws in the dirt at the feet of an outlet receiver, throws an uncatchable deep ball down the sidelines out of bounds, holds on to the ball too long, or misses a wide open receiver, all like Tyrod did against Tennessee.

BillsImpossible
10-13-2015, 05:58 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing the reaction of fans when EJ throws in the dirt at the feet of an outlet receiver, throws an uncatchable deep ball down the sidelines out of bounds, holds on to the ball too long, or misses a wide open receiver, all like Tyrod did against Tennessee.

It was nice to see Taylor make incredible plays with his legs to win the game against the Titans, but he got injured on one of those plays.

EJ Manuel will not be given the chance to run against the Bengals.

Back against the wall, going up against a 5-0 team in the face of adversity, I like Manuel's chances of winning.

Seems like this is the kind of moment and situation he thrives in.

OpIv37
10-13-2015, 06:01 PM

The difference is that Tyrod is much more dangerous with his legs. EJ is no statue but there is no way he makes those 4th qtr plays that Taylor made last Sunday.

kgun12
10-13-2015, 06:03 PM

That's being nice, I hope he sucks or plays better than Brady is playing! If he play okay all this can do is start a quarterback controversy and that's just what this team needs. However he will play like he always does, like the quote say, so welcome back next week TT you have nothing to worry about except not being healthy next week and we go 0-2 under EJ!

Face it the only reason EJ is still on this team Doug save face!

Than again, with the play calling IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER, IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER!!!

YardRat
10-13-2015, 06:04 PM
The difference is that Tyrod is much more dangerous with his legs. EJ is no statue but there is no way he makes those 4th qtr plays that Taylor made last Sunday.

Well, yeah, but that's kinda not the point.

Mr. Cynical
10-13-2015, 06:10 PM
Best we can hope for is 1-1 until the bye, when the extra week hopefully gets everyone back. If EJ's history is any indication, it's not too far a reach to think he can go .500. Then again, this is the Bills and reaching is par for the course.

BillsImpossible
10-13-2015, 06:19 PM
EJ Manuel often targeted Robert Woods as his go to receiver, over the middle.

That's the one pass Tyrod Taylor can't make without rolling out of the pocket.

Belichick knew that in Week 2.

When Taylor stays in the pocket and throws over the middle, the pass either gets knocked down, or becomes a dangerous reception for 3 yards.

I forgot who caught the ball, but Tyrod laid his receiver out to dry with the one pass he completed over the middle last Sunday.

If Tyrod Taylor had a better offensive line in front of him, this might not be an issue, but you can't fix height.

You CAN fix accuracy. Eli Manning is the poster boy for bad completion percentage, 2 Super Bowl rings, and a sudden uptick in accuracy.

http://www.nfl.com/player/elimanning/2505996/careerstats

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/5526/eli-manning

66.5% completion percentage for Eli Manning?

Wha' happened?

It's all about the system, and I like Roman's system for EJ's game.

swiper
10-13-2015, 06:25 PM
How freaking ironic is that?

It's not ironic at all. Football people realize he's a lot better than you idiots think he is. Keep on rooting for EJ Manuel while they issue hard hats to all those in the stands he might nail with his errant passes. But man, he's got a strong arm. LOL @ you idiots.

Mace
10-13-2015, 07:13 PM
I'm fine with "ok" being the only choice I have. Maybe it works. Not like I have another choice anyway. Go EJ go, or not, but not like I can change anything. If EJ Kolb'ed on a rubber mat I'd be like "go Josh go !"

I'd love it if Manuel clicked, will be bummed if he doesn't. Don't know how else to explain it. I want stuff to work. Don't care how or who anymore. Let me enjoy a week and be happy and I'm happy.

BillsImpossible
10-13-2015, 07:27 PM
I'm fine with "ok" being the only choice I have. Maybe it works. Not like I have another choice anyway. Go EJ go, or not, but not like I can change anything. If EJ Kolb'ed on a rubber mat I'd be like "go Josh go !"

I'd love it if Manuel clicked, will be bummed if he doesn't. Don't know how else to explain it. I want stuff to work. Don't care how or who anymore. Let me enjoy a week and be happy and I'm happy.

I'm happy too. Lucky to be alive, healthy, and looking forward to something that doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Lucky to be a fan of a sports team without any true worries. If all of my worries are about how EJ Manuel is going to start next week, I'm a very lucky guy.

WagonCircler
10-13-2015, 07:30 PM
I'm happy too. Lucky to be alive, healthy, and looking forward to something that doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Lucky to be a fan of a sports team without any true worries. If all of my worries are about how EJ Manuel is going to start next week, I'm a very lucky guy.

Well look at that. Ignorance really is bliss.

BillsImpossible
10-13-2015, 07:54 PM
Well look at that. Ignorance really is bliss.

Being able to talk about football without worrying about anything else is a blessing.

EJ Manuel has a huge opportunity to show he belongs in the NFL.

Taylor's injury could be a blessing in disguise.

Never give up hope.

Meathead
10-13-2015, 07:58 PM
Meathead was right all along.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/7a/32/c2/7a32c2d70e6cb46e2a53b2fea16e4115.jpg
http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001477243/1828946276_fe4ab2d65fNoooojpg_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg
http://www.loyarburok.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/noooo.jpg
http://www.lovethispic.com/uploaded_images/54365-Noooo-Frosty-.jpg

mairofpominville
10-13-2015, 08:22 PM
Im excited to see how EJ will execute Roman's offense. Hopefully our line will allow for enough time to get through his progressions. Id like to see EJ make throws from outside the pocket.

YardRat
10-13-2015, 08:45 PM
EJ Manuel often targeted Robert Woods as his go to receiver, over the middle.

That's the one pass Tyrod Taylor can't make without rolling out of the pocket.

Belichick knew that in Week 2.

When Taylor stays in the pocket and throws over the middle, the pass either gets knocked down, or becomes a dangerous reception for 3 yards.

I forgot who caught the ball, but Tyrod laid his receiver out to dry with the one pass he completed over the middle last Sunday.

If Tyrod Taylor had a better offensive line in front of him, this might not be an issue, but you can't fix height.

You CAN fix accuracy. Eli Manning is the poster boy for bad completion percentage, 2 Super Bowl rings, and a sudden uptick in accuracy.

http://www.nfl.com/player/elimanning/2505996/careerstats

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/5526/eli-manning

66.5% completion percentage for Eli Manning?

Wha' happened?

It's all about the system, and I like Roman's system for EJ's game.

Allegedly Manning is enjoying higher accuracy due to better footwork and timing...the ol' Walsh/Montana school of offense.

djjimkelly
10-13-2015, 09:33 PM
I'm excited to see EJ Manuel get a chance to play the 5-0 Bengals.

Would I rather have Cassel? No way.

I'd rather see the kid get a shot to prove he has what it takes under competent offensive leadership.

I hope EJ Manuel has the game of his life against the Bengals.

His height advantage is going to be something interesting to watch play out on Sunday.

Tyrod has played exceptionally well, so it's going to be hard to top that, but if EJ starts hitting guys over the middle consistently, plays lights out and wins a couple of games for the Bills, Meathead was right all along. :tailgate:

i think i stated many times that will see and need EJ

Night Train
10-14-2015, 04:05 AM

Or like Cassel did every day of camp ?

swiper
10-14-2015, 04:16 AM
Cassel didn't do that at all.

Night Train
10-14-2015, 04:24 AM
Cassel didn't do that at all.

BS. I was there for several sessions and couldn't believe how many passes he missed beyond 5 yards. Plus he was easy to find in the pocket with zero mobility. Manuel wasn't good either but showed something in games.

swiper
10-14-2015, 04:27 AM
LOL. Who cares if you were there? Roman wanted to start him. He came in last minute and was learning the system. You will give Manuel 3 years of a learning curve and Cassel 3 minutes. Not only Roman wanted him to play. The Cowboys did. Who's calling about sad sack EJ Manuel? LOL. They were writing stories about him throwing errant passes into PR tents and the stands. Keep it up.

Night Train
10-14-2015, 04:43 AM
LOL. Who cares if you were there? Roman wanted to start him. He came in last minute and was learning the system. You will give Manuel 3 years of a learning curve and Cassel 3 minutes. Not only Roman wanted him to play. The Cowboys did. Who's calling about sad sack EJ Manuel? LOL. They were writing stories about him throwing errant passes into PR tents and the stands. Keep it up.

:rofl: Enjoy your Cassel love. Sad.

feldspar
10-14-2015, 05:23 AM
Well, the point spread started out at even. The Bengals game was a pick 'em.

Now that it's been announced that Manuel will be starting, the bills are now 3.5-point underdogs at home.

Nice.

Meathead
10-14-2015, 07:44 AM
actually it hasnt been officially announced. rex just said he definitely wouldnt rule out tyrod for this week. so still pending

Meathead
10-14-2015, 07:46 AM
and it actually started out as bills being 3 pt pre-wk five favorites, 1 pt after sundays games, then a pick game. just sayin

Albany,n.y.
10-14-2015, 08:08 AM
If he plays like he did in the pre-season, I don't wanna see Taylor ever again...and I agree on Cassel, I'm glad that bum is gone.

If he plays like he did in pre-season practices-the reason he was never truly considered in the starter competition-you'll never want to see EJ again.

It's beyond belief that the EJ supporters keep burying their heads in the sand in regards to the fact that unlike themselves, the coaches see these players 5 days a week and have a much greater body of work to evaluate than just watching a guy playing with & against scrubs at the end of an exhibition game.

swiper
10-14-2015, 08:14 AM
:rofl: Enjoy your Cassel love. Sad.

No sorry. I come to the discussion with facts. You come with "I was there." Too bad you didn't understand what you were watching.

- - - Updated - - -

actually it hasnt been officially announced. rex just said he definitely wouldnt rule out tyrod for this week. so still pending

So you going to take back that silly "I was right after all" post you made?

Meathead
10-14-2015, 08:19 AM
the next time im wrong i promise to teleport right back to this planet and mind post my retraction

Ingtar33
10-14-2015, 09:16 AM
not to step into Rob Johnson vs Flutie take 2, but i can't believe anyone would be crying for EJ after the nightmare that he gave us on the field the past 2 years.

Its almost like you all forgot how he can't hit the broad side of the barn, and to call him erratic is being polite for completely inaccurate. I just hope if he does start he doesn't throw another attempted screen pass pick 6 in crunch time.

swiper
10-14-2015, 09:19 AM
EJ is EJ. He'll make one nice pass, then 4 bad ones. It's like he lucks into the good ones. Just like when Losman would complete a bomb.

Forward_Lateral
10-14-2015, 09:39 AM
This is the exact reason Tyrod>EJ. Now, if EJ would use his legs to make plays like he did before he got hurt way back vs Cleveland, he could be just as effective as Tyrod. I hope Roman moves EJ around on bootlegs, etc where he's most comfortable.

Edit: This was supposed to quote OPI's reply.

Mr. Pink
10-14-2015, 11:47 AM
EJ should have been the starter week 1. He won the job in preseason.

feldspar
10-14-2015, 11:58 AM
and it actually started out as bills being 3 pt pre-wk five favorites, 1 pt after sundays games, then a pick game. just sayin

If you say so.

I would never bet on a game before the previous game was played, if that wording makes sense. And for this very reason as much as anything, injuries that have yet to occur in the game yet to be played. Can't remember when I first checked the spread, but it was either Sunday night or Monday morning.

The fact remains the same though, there was at least a 3.5 point swing in the other direction when it looked like EJ was going to start. We'll see if that line moves further. Looks like most people are betting on the Bengals. Personally, I would not bet on this game even if I wasn't a Bills fan.

jamze132
10-14-2015, 12:05 PM
I'd rather use Taylor until his body fails.

justasportsfan
10-14-2015, 04:07 PM
not to step into Rob Johnson vs Flutie take 2, but i can't believe anyone would be crying for EJ after the nightmare that he gave us on the field the past 2 years.

Its almost like you all forgot how he can't hit the broad side of the barn, and to call him erratic is being polite for completely inaccurate. I just hope if he does start he doesn't throw another attempted screen pass pick 6 in crunch time.
I was very critical of EJ but to fair to him, he had Hackett as both his QB coach and OC. Not exactly a great way to develop what we knew was a project.

We shall soon see if Roman was able to help him out.

Skooby
10-14-2015, 05:20 PM
I thought TT was practicing ? Isn't this thread / ?

BillsImpossible
10-14-2015, 06:24 PM
I thought TT was practicing ? Isn't this thread / ?

Tyrod said he expects to start. Took snaps at practice today, but EJ got a lot of reps too.

I hope the Bills keep us, and the Bengals coaching staff guessing all the way up to game time.

Dozerdog
10-15-2015, 08:34 AM
What is there to guess about? Either blitz the guy who was 3rd string much of the season or blitz the guy who is gimping around.