X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

EJ Manuel Gets A Chance To Be The Bills Starting Quarterback

I'm excited to see EJ Manuel get a chance to play the 5-0 Bengals.

Would I rather have Cassel? No way.

I'd rather see the kid get a shot to prove he has what it takes under competent offensive leadership.

I hope EJ Manuel has the game of his life against the Bengals.

His height advantage is going to be something interesting to watch play out on Sunday.

Tyrod has played exceptionally well, so it's going to be hard to top that, but if EJ starts hitting guys over the middle consistently, plays lights out and wins a couple of games for the Bills, Meathead was right all along.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: EJ Manuel Gets A Chance To Be The Bills Starting Quarterback

Meanwhile ,Cassel gets his chance to start with the Cowboys too.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Luisito23
      Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
      • Apr 2003

If he plays like he did in the pre-season, I don't wanna see Taylor ever again...and I agree on Cassel, I'm glad that bum is gone.
      "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
      ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
      ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
      ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• BillsImpossible
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
        How freaking ironic is that?

Comment

• Luisito23
          Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post

LOL, did you see how horrible Weeden is?...The only reason Cassel is starting is because he's slightly less horrible.

They're both a bunch of pathetic scrubs.
          "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
          ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
          ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
          ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

I'm looking forward to seeing the reaction of fans when EJ throws in the dirt at the feet of an outlet receiver, throws an uncatchable deep ball down the sidelines out of bounds, holds on to the ball too long, or misses a wide open receiver, all like Tyrod did against Tennessee.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• BillsImpossible
              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
              I'm looking forward to seeing the reaction of fans when EJ throws in the dirt at the feet of an outlet receiver, throws an uncatchable deep ball down the sidelines out of bounds, holds on to the ball too long, or misses a wide open receiver, all like Tyrod did against Tennessee.
              It was nice to see Taylor make incredible plays with his legs to win the game against the Titans, but he got injured on one of those plays.

EJ Manuel will not be given the chance to run against the Bengals.

Back against the wall, going up against a 5-0 team in the face of adversity, I like Manuel's chances of winning.

Seems like this is the kind of moment and situation he thrives in.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

The difference is that Tyrod is much more dangerous with his legs. EJ is no statue but there is no way he makes those 4th qtr plays that Taylor made last Sunday.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• kgun12
                  • Jul 2002

That's being nice, I hope he sucks or plays better than Brady is playing! If he play okay all this can do is start a quarterback controversy and that's just what this team needs. However he will play like he always does, like the quote say, so welcome back next week TT you have nothing to worry about except not being healthy next week and we go 0-2 under EJ!

Face it the only reason EJ is still on this team Doug save face!

Than again, with the play calling IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER, IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER!!!
                  Last edited by kgun12; 10-13-2015, 06:05 PM.
                  Retired Air Traffic Controller
                  USAF VETERAN
                  DAV

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                    The difference is that Tyrod is much more dangerous with his legs. EJ is no statue but there is no way he makes those 4th qtr plays that Taylor made last Sunday.
                    Well, yeah, but that's kinda not the point.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                      Maybe?
                      • Oct 2003

Best we can hope for is 1-1 until the bye, when the extra week hopefully gets everyone back. If EJ's history is any indication, it's not too far a reach to think he can go .500. Then again, this is the Bills and reaching is par for the course.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                        • Mar 2013

EJ Manuel often targeted Robert Woods as his go to receiver, over the middle.

That's the one pass Tyrod Taylor can't make without rolling out of the pocket.

Belichick knew that in Week 2.

When Taylor stays in the pocket and throws over the middle, the pass either gets knocked down, or becomes a dangerous reception for 3 yards.

I forgot who caught the ball, but Tyrod laid his receiver out to dry with the one pass he completed over the middle last Sunday.

If Tyrod Taylor had a better offensive line in front of him, this might not be an issue, but you can't fix height.

You CAN fix accuracy. Eli Manning is the poster boy for bad completion percentage, 2 Super Bowl rings, and a sudden uptick in accuracy.

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

The 2019 NFL season stats per game for Eli Manning of the New York Giants on ESPN. Includes full stats, per opponent, for regular and postseason.

66.5% completion percentage for Eli Manning?

Wha' happened?

It's all about the system, and I like Roman's system for EJ's game.

Comment

• Swiper
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
                          How freaking ironic is that?
                          It's not ironic at all. Football people realize he's a lot better than you idiots think he is. Keep on rooting for EJ Manuel while they issue hard hats to all those in the stands he might nail with his errant passes. But man, he's got a strong arm. LOL @ you idiots.

Comment

• Mace
                            Haha...yeah you think so ?
                            • Mar 2013

I'm fine with "ok" being the only choice I have. Maybe it works. Not like I have another choice anyway. Go EJ go, or not, but not like I can change anything. If EJ Kolb'ed on a rubber mat I'd be like "go Josh go !"

I'd love it if Manuel clicked, will be bummed if he doesn't. Don't know how else to explain it. I want stuff to work. Don't care how or who anymore. Let me enjoy a week and be happy and I'm happy.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                              I'm fine with "ok" being the only choice I have. Maybe it works. Not like I have another choice anyway. Go EJ go, or not, but not like I can change anything. If EJ Kolb'ed on a rubber mat I'd be like "go Josh go !"

I'd love it if Manuel clicked, will be bummed if he doesn't. Don't know how else to explain it. I want stuff to work. Don't care how or who anymore. Let me enjoy a week and be happy and I'm happy.
                              I'm happy too. Lucky to be alive, healthy, and looking forward to something that doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Lucky to be a fan of a sports team without any true worries. If all of my worries are about how EJ Manuel is going to start next week, I'm a very lucky guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X