PDA

View Full Version : All the Bengals fans I know here are hoping EJ starts

ghz in pittsburgh
10-14-2015, 08:05 AM
Because "he's terrible".

Seems like those Bengals fans are showing more and more here in Steel town the last couple of years.

Mr. Miyagi
10-14-2015, 08:20 AM
My heart wants us to win. My brains says to pick us in the Death Pool.

Skooby
10-14-2015, 08:29 AM
If EJ starts, we need Karlos to go full redbull insane.

Meathead
10-14-2015, 08:32 AM
dont forget to register now on the bengals boards so you can get in on the epic blubberfest right at four pm sunday

trapezeus
10-14-2015, 09:45 AM
it makes sense. if we are playing a team and there was a chance we could face the starter vs the backup, i would want the back up. though, i'd also want to play the hobbled starter who relies on his legs.

the bengals are a more extreme version of the bills. if they don't come out and crush the bills, then there will be talk about how they are the same old team. if they lose, i expect cincy fans will throw their hands up in frustration. and if they win, they'll still anxiously await failure down the road.

Forward_Lateral
10-14-2015, 09:51 AM
I would want to face EJ too. As of this moment he hasn't shown anything to cause opposing teams to be scared. Tyrod has. Now, if EJ can somehow play as well as he did with 8th stringers during the preseason, then we will have ourselves a QB controversy.

trapezeus
10-14-2015, 10:14 AM
the teams they beat have all given up over 125 points a game with the exception of seattle

Points against
oakland - 124
SD - 134
KC -143
Baltimore - 137
Seattle - 98.

Seattle had them beat and took their foot off the gas in some ways. The bills PA is 105 and includes one game of 40+ points.

I think this is closerthan many think, regardless of our QB situation.

Novacane
10-14-2015, 10:24 AM
I'd feel the same way if I were a Bengals fan. I hope EJ leaves them wishing they'd faced TT.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-14-2015, 11:37 AM
What made EJ look interesting in the preseason was seeing him throw some really nice deep balls. If he's going to have any success this weekend, he needs to hit a few of those to clear out the box. Please let Sammy be healthy.

Scumbag College
10-14-2015, 12:04 PM
What made EJ look interesting in the preseason was seeing him throw some really nice deep balls. If he's going to have any success this weekend, he needs to hit a few of those to clear out the box. Please let Sammy be healthy.

This.

The offense is clearly much better with Sammy on the field. Even if he is being double teamed, that leaves Harvin and Woods 1-1 with a CB and Clay 1-1 against a safety or LB.

I know EJ said that if he ever got a chance to start again that he would "let it fly" and play looser, hopefully he does do that and slings it around down the field. I gotta think that Roman and the coaching staff will put more deep balls in the playbook if EJ starts. Even if he gets picked off a few times, I'm guessing that he'll complete some of those deep throws too. That's much better than just a two yard dumpoff on 3 and 8, which we saw enough of under the Marrone reign of terror here.

jamze132
10-14-2015, 12:09 PM
Throw the ball deep more often, regardless of who's the QB. The refs LOVE to call PI.

Meathead
10-14-2015, 02:04 PM
the teams they beat have all given up over 125 points a game

endzones must be worn down to bare concrete

trapezeus
10-15-2015, 06:33 AM
i've been on a tear this week with mistakes. it should be 125 points a season. not a game!

PhillyCuse
10-15-2015, 03:10 PM
the teams they beat have all given up over 125 points a game with the exception of seattle

Points against
oakland - 124
SD - 134
KC -143
Baltimore - 137
Seattle - 98.

Seattle had them beat and took their foot off the gas in some ways. The bills PA is 105 and includes one game of 40+ points.

I think this is closerthan many think, regardless of our QB situation.

PPG against in non-Cincy games:
Oakland - 23 including pick 6 last wk
SD - 27.5 including 3 defensive scores against
KC - 27 including fumble return TD against & a game @Lambeau

Seattle didn't take their foot off the gas as much as they were lucky to build a lead on 3 plays - endzone int, 60yd run & fumble return TD.

It's ok to say they're playing well vs. a reasonable schedule and still anyone expecting a blowout is dumb. Those things aren't mutually exclusive. The line is 3.

Victor7
10-15-2015, 03:51 PM
Obviously.

The book on EJ Manuel is out and it ain't pretty.

Anybody would rather face him that TMobile

BrianCarr
10-15-2015, 04:43 PM
HaHaHa. So Bengals Fans are afraid they'll lose if Taylor starts? Personally, I want to play another team that is at full strength. Only way to gage where you really stand.

Night Train
10-15-2015, 05:02 PM
Great. Now we're taking shots from the " One And Done " fanbase.

Turf
10-16-2015, 07:51 AM
I hope EJ comes out and lights it up. Do we have any slant patterns in the playbook? Time for Roman to step it up, I'm not impressed as time rolls on.

stuckincincy
10-16-2015, 09:14 AM
dont forget to register now on the bengals boards so you can get in on the epic blubberfest right at four pm sunday

???

The B'gal's fan site is about as inflammatory as a Sunday School...

http://forums.bengalszone.com/forum/2-cincinnati-bengals/

Famous Amos
10-17-2015, 08:01 AM
I hope EJ comes out and lights it up. Do we have any slant patterns in the playbook? Time for Roman to step it up, I'm not impressed as time rolls on.
Manuel can't hit slant patterns. He has trouble leading receivers so when he throws a slant, usually the receiver has to slow down, stop or turn his body to catch it which slows his momentum.

ghz in pittsburgh
10-17-2015, 10:30 AM
Manuel can't hit slant patterns. He has trouble leading receivers so when he throws a slant, usually the receiver has to slow down, stop or turn his body to catch it which slows his momentum.

I do agree Tyrod has a lot more touch on the short passes than EJ, the EJ of yesteryears that we know. In this preseason, I saw EJ improved his intermediate and long throws. Very few short ones were called (something they usually don't call in preseason that much). I do remember one screen pass that EJ threw still of the bad variety: too high arch causing the receiver to wait, allowing the defenders to closing in.