PDA

View Full Version : Nigel Bradham Says The Bills Fans Are Too Loud For The Defense To Communicate

BillsImpossible
10-14-2015, 07:34 PM
In case you missed the interview this morning, here it is.

Howard Simon didn't even mention crowd noise. Don't attack the messenger!

Nigel Bradham did mention crowd noise after Howard Simon cleverly bated him. (That's not meant to be taken seriously.)

Howard Simon: "How are you guys coming along in terms of your grasp on everything Rex Ryan and Dennis Thurman want you to be able to do?"

Nigel Bradham: "For the most part I think everybody pretty much has the communication and everything in the playbook down, I would say probably the hardest part about it is trying to do it when the crowd is so loud, uh, that's when we run in to problems."

Howard Simon sets up the question at the 1:17 mark in the video linked below.

http://media.wgr550.com/a/110032049/nigel-bradham-previews-bills-bengals.htm?

I've been saying it all week.

Crowd noise has NOT been the Bills friend at home lately.

Not only was it too loud for the defense to communicate as Nigel Bradham said, the crowd at The Ralph was too amped up.

Players fed off that energy and got overheated in the frenzy.

My solution to the crowd noise problem is simple.

Bring the ladylike screaming of, "AHHHHHHHH," down to a more manly, "Buffalohhhhhhhhh."

Turn up the bass, and turn down the treble.

I don't want the Bills to be known as the team with the loudest crowd, I'd rather have Bills fans be known as the smartest, most clever fans in the NFL.

"Tom Brady Steals His Neighbors Wifi."

BillsOwnAll
10-14-2015, 07:39 PM
How bad do you want to be known as the one who made Buffalos "new chant"

Call Into sports talk radio during the tailgate maybe you'll have better luck than telling the same few people who read this board anymore .

Scumbag College
10-14-2015, 07:44 PM
The Ralph ain't Miami, Boston, or San Diego...our fans that show up are into the game and get loud.

Turf
10-14-2015, 07:44 PM
Umm, ahh, what if Rex wears green shoes, and un, um, the ref has black shoes and Rex steps on the refs shoes. What happens then? Will the ref call a penalty? Huh??
And lets suppose that um, um, LaShawn, um Shady, tears his hamstring right off and it breaks through his pants. What will happen then , huh??

The desperation is mind boggling dude. You literally sit and dream **** up and random thoughts to start thread a about. Go outside.

BillsImpossible
10-14-2015, 07:46 PM
How bad do you want to be known as the one who made Buffalos "new chant"

I could care less about taking credit where it's not due.

It's just an idea. Run with it. I'd like to call it my own but it's really not.

BillsImpossible
10-14-2015, 07:49 PM
The Ralph ain't Miami, Boston, or San Diego...our fans that show up are into the game and get loud.

Nothing wrong with being loud, just don't scream to the point where the defense can't hear play calls.

BillsImpossible
10-14-2015, 07:52 PM
Umm, ahh, what if Rex wears green shoes, and un, um, the ref has black shoes and Rex steps on the refs shoes. What happens then? Will the ref call a penalty? Huh??
And lets suppose that um, um, LaShawn, um Shady, tears his hamstring right off and it breaks through his pants. What will happen then , huh??

The desperation is mind boggling dude. You literally sit and dream **** up and random thoughts to start thread a about. Go outside.

Did not I say, "Don't attack the messenger," fruitloop?

stuckincincy
10-14-2015, 08:45 PM
Nothing wrong with being loud, just don't scream to the point where the defense can't hear play calls.

Isn't the general idea to drown out the offensive play calls? For years and years, we've seen defenders raising their arms up to get the crowd in a road...

OpIv37
10-14-2015, 09:57 PM
Ok, reality check time. Seattle has the loudest stadium ever according to Guinness and they've had a great D in recent years. Arrowhead is up there in noise and KC has had good D's over the years. Hell, our D has been good to great for the last 2 or 3 seasons and we had great D's in 03-04 and the Paup/Spielman years in the late 90s when the stadium had a larger capacity. And that was before the MLB had a speaker in his helmet.

Bradham needs to grow a pair and our coaches need to develop a better communication system. The noise is an excuse.

stuckincincy
10-14-2015, 10:02 PM
Ok, reality check time. Seattle has the loudest stadium ever according to Guinness and they've had a great D in recent years. Arrowhead is up there in noise and KC has had good D's over the years. Hell, our D has been good to great for the last 2 or 3 seasons and we had great D's in 03-04 and the Paup/Spielman years in the late 90s when the stadium had a larger capacity. And that was before the MLB had a speaker in his helmet.

Bradham needs to grow a pair and our coaches need to develop a better communication system. The noise is an excuse.

Eh...a little harsh about Bradham. He's a young man, not wise about the press and their tricks.

Novacane
10-15-2015, 04:28 AM
This might be the dumbest thread ever!

casdhf
10-15-2015, 05:56 AM
This might be the dumbest thread ever! overtaking the previous 50 he has posted?

YardRat
10-15-2015, 06:06 AM
One would think a defensive genius would be able to develop an effective system that doesn't have it's communication hampered by the home fan's noise. Dumbest excuse ever, and it's not like the mention of it is an anomaly, we've been hearing it all season.

ParanoidAndroid
10-15-2015, 06:09 AM
This might be the dumbest thread ever!

It's not even his worst thread, believe it or not.

Most defenses use simple hand signals if it's loud. Figure it out. Crowd noise has always been beneficial for defense.

HHURRICANE
10-15-2015, 06:13 AM
I thought Rex was a better coach than this. These guys really are turning into bullies. They're all big talk if the playground is set up correctly for them.

CommissarSpartacus
10-15-2015, 06:16 AM
...I'd rather have Bills fans be known as the smartest, most clever fans in the NFL...

:rofl:

Not in this lifetime.

trapezeus
10-15-2015, 06:32 AM
its a new defense and a new system. Bradham's complaint is just that. it's one wrinkle that adds to the learning process. i don't think he's asking the crowd to quiet down.

Dozerdog
10-15-2015, 08:13 AM

Not in this lifetime.
Your best post in 15 years !

justasportsfan
10-15-2015, 10:24 AM
Bradham had a problem about the 12th man but both Eli and Brady didn't?

BuffaloRedleg
10-15-2015, 04:45 PM

Not in this lifetime.

You are right. There's no such thing as a "smart" football fan base.

Mace
10-15-2015, 05:01 PM
Bradham had a problem about the 12th man but both Eli and Brady didn't?

Go figure. I don't remember the 90's Bills ever complaining either. For that matter they didn't complain when Pettine was doing similar things.

Probably means Ryan needs come up with a better process. Kyle Williams suggested maybe they need simplify the playbook, which was kind of amazing to me, he never says such things. Then you see him out in the slot shadowing Mariota in case he runs. That's one scheme option they can remove. Maybe Preston Brown the signal caller needs voice lessons. Ryan himself spoke out saying he wanted the crowd to make noise.

I don't blame Bradham for being honest though. I just don't think crowd noise is the real problem. Ryan's defense is. Not to say it won't work itself out, but reinventing the wheel you'd think he'd have accounted for it, and they'd have taught it well enough for it to be clicking for everyone 5 games in.