PDA

View Full Version : Taylor not "ruled out" for Sunday's game?

stuckincincy
10-14-2015, 07:37 PM
Direct from the horse's mouth:

..."I would not rule out Tyrod Taylor as starting this week," Ryan said, via NFL.com. "Although I know it's widely reported that that's the case. We will see, that's a possibility. I certainly wouldn't count Tyrod Taylor out. He did finish the game this past week. I can tell you this: He's got heart, he's got toughness and he's got a lot of ability. I definitely would not rule him out."...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25339723/tyrod-taylor-plans-to-play-sunday-rex-ryan-wont-rule-him-out

TacklingDummy
10-14-2015, 07:44 PM
He's also got a **** arm.
Not something I want in my Quarterback.

Scumbag College
10-14-2015, 07:52 PM
If T-Mobile isn't Mobile, I rather have EJ in there.

Any QB playing with that OL in front of them is going to get hit, and an MCL sprain isn't going to get much better getting hammered 10+ times a game. Plus, if he can't run I rather have EJ's arm out there.

BillsImpossible
10-14-2015, 07:56 PM
Keep guessing.

Advantage, Bills.

stuckincincy
10-14-2015, 07:58 PM
He's also got a **** arm.
Not something I want in my Quarterback.

I was surprised they signed Johnson, what with Juff Tuel out of work since JAX cut him this August.

Ed
10-14-2015, 08:33 PM
Apparently Tyrod took some reps with the starters today during practice and was wearing a knee brace. He said his knee feels a lot better than it did Monday and they'll just see how it feels each day. Sounds like he's pretty determined to try and play.

stuckincincy
10-14-2015, 08:42 PM
Apparently Tyrod took some reps with the starters today during practice and was wearing a knee brace. He said his knee feels a lot better than it did Monday and they'll just see how it feels each day. Sounds like he's pretty determined to try and play.

That's encouraging.

BertSquirtgum
10-14-2015, 09:04 PM
Dumb. They should sit him before he gets hurt worse. Let him heal for a week. He's probably pushing himself because he's scared to lose the starting gig.

stuckincincy
10-14-2015, 09:48 PM
Dumb. They should sit him before he gets hurt worse. Let him heal for a week. He's probably pushing himself because he's scared to lose the starting gig.

He may well be sat down, but it's ok that he's practicing a bit...team spirit etc. Or the injury really has taken a dramatic turn-around. I have my doubts about that...it must have looked sufficiently bad on Monday for them to go out and ink Johnson.

CIN has had consistent qb pressure this season, having a deep and reasonably talented DL (numbering 11 vs BUF's 9) allowing them to rotate and keep fresh legs in throughout the game. Their 4th qtr comeback against SEA was indicative - SEA was only able to muster 11 offensive plays for 40 yards in the 4th.

So if they have Taylor play with a dodgy knee - brace or not - they have to be cognizant that he is relatively inexperienced and will be facing heat. I'd call that a risky thing to do in week #5 against a streaking club.

Forward_Lateral
10-15-2015, 04:16 AM
There's a line between tough and stupid. If he truly has a sprained MCL and they play him Sunday, this organization is stupid.

Night Train
10-15-2015, 05:02 AM
There is a part of of me that admires the hell out of the kid for wanting to still play. Still, his knee needs rest.

The wise thing may be to let Manuel play the next 2 games before the bye. That would give Taylor time to mend and we could be 4-3 when he returns.

With all the injuries, it's not a horrid scenario. McCoy will also be back post bye (with Karlos Williams) and we'd finally have our full lineup for the 2nd half.

YardRat
10-15-2015, 05:50 AM
If I were Cincy I wouldn't buy it and gameplan for EJ...if Taylor does actually start, not a big deal, they're facing a running QB with a flat tire that's been struggling throwing the ball.

Turf
10-15-2015, 07:53 AM
They should sit McCoy and Taylor until after the bye week. Let them heal and come back close to 100%.

Pinkerton Security
10-15-2015, 08:27 AM
They should sit McCoy and Taylor until after the bye week. Let them heal and come back close to 100%.

as much as I want our best players out there, I have to agree - we are not even a third of the way through the season, lets get our guys healthy

Skooby
10-15-2015, 08:31 AM
Cincy's plan for preparing for EJ is just allowing him to throw.

gebobs
10-15-2015, 08:56 AM
Not sure where they get their information, but according to Football-Reference (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2015.htm), Shady and Taylor are out.

feldspar
10-15-2015, 09:49 AM
Not sure where they get their information, but according to Football-Reference (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2015.htm), Shady and Taylor are out.

Yeah, these conflicting reports are rather unusual. I read this earlier this week, and these "reports" are usually right:

"The Bills will be going into another week of football without one of their offensive stars. Quarterback Tyrod Taylor suffered an MCL injury last week and will be kept out of Sunday's game against the Bengals, a source familiar with the injury tells NFL Media. Taylor will be re-evaluated next week, but he will not be able to play by Sunday."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000556423/article/bills-plan-to-start-ej-manuel-with-tyrod-taylor-hurt

Hard to know what to think now, and maybe that's the idea.

Pinkerton Security
10-15-2015, 09:51 AM

this is likely posturing on Rex's part - make the other team do some preparation for Tyrod just in case

gebobs
10-15-2015, 10:08 AM
this is likely posturing on Rex's part - make the other team do some preparation for Tyrod just in case

Wow, that Rex Ryan. He's a frickin' genius.

*rolls eyes*

mightysimi
10-15-2015, 10:12 AM
You don't sign another QB if there is a chance he can go.

Pinkerton Security
10-15-2015, 10:15 AM
Wow, that Rex Ryan. He's a frickin' genius.

*rolls eyes*

yet when other coaches do it, its just part of the game? Suck an egg

gebobs
10-15-2015, 10:18 AM
yet when other coaches do it, its just part of the game?
Um...what?

Suck an egg
Uh...ok.

*secretly crying*

trapezeus
10-15-2015, 10:27 AM
obviously if tyrod is on it in practice, he has some comfort with it. and if he's running the 1s, there is a chance if it gets better every day that he'll be the guy.

some of it may be gamesmanship on rex's part, but i think they feel best with tyrod. the team is behind him. they liked how he singlehandedly got the team to win last week. and they know they have not executed well.

Throw EJ in with no run game and limited chemistry/practice with the receivers and you have a recipe for another long day for the defense.

if TT was definitely out, EJ would have a full week to get everything timing wise.

Bill Cody
10-15-2015, 10:58 AM
I think TT is trying to play hurt, at least in part because he wants to protect his job. Guys play hurt in the NFL but if there is any risk of further injury Rex needs to be the adult and sit his ass down.

gebobs
10-15-2015, 11:20 AM
I think TT is trying to play hurt, at least in part because he wants to protect his job. Guys play hurt in the NFL but if there is any risk of further injury Rex needs to be the adult and sit his ass down.

If that's the case, he's my man. Too much coddling in the league. I'm all for protecting the players, but for god sake if you have a bruised calf, suck it the eff up.

Kelly, arguably the most valuable player of the franchise, played hurt all the time, his bursa sacs made his elbows look like Popeye's. Thurman played through it. Reed played through it. You couldn't keep those guys off the field.

And then you have poor Sammy Watkins...what's it this time? A hang nail? Moping on the sidelines, being useless as usual. You better effing put up some numbers soon, this weekend even.

justasportsfan
10-15-2015, 12:46 PM
TT should play RB when he's healthy .

IlluminatusUIUC
10-15-2015, 01:31 PM

Didn't Rex send out Sanchez with an injured shoulder in the preseason a few years back? He got blown up, missed most of the year, and that was the end of his Jets career.

TacklingDummy
10-15-2015, 02:25 PM

Agreed.
I think he knows if EJ plays as well as he did in the pre-season against Cincy, TT days as starter for the Bills are probably over.

stuckincincy
10-15-2015, 02:33 PM
Agreed.
I think he knows if EJ plays as well as he did in the pre-season against Cincy, TT days as starter for the Bills are probably over.

What year was that?

MillsapsBillsFan
10-15-2015, 03:14 PM
What year was that?

He meant if he plays as well against Cincy as he did in the preseason. I dont think hes talking about a preaseason game against them.

I could be wrong though

Victor7
10-15-2015, 03:57 PM
lol at the thought of EJ seating Taylor.

And that's not a compliment to Taylor by the way.