• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Edward Robinson
    • Apr 2013

This Team is Ass Backwards

With the Personnel that we have we should be running the following:

Offense: Spread offensive with power aspects.
    Defense: Wide 9 with some creative 3rd down blitzes 20% of time ( Jim Schwartz)

I cant help but remember what a couple of D- coordinators that we had the last couple of years:

Mike Pettine: When he took over the Browns defense he implied that the BILLS defenders were not as smart of the Browns defensive players that he were inheriting

Jim Schwatrz: When he installed the Wide 9 defense he spoke about keeping things simple so the defense doesnt have to think out there. Just play fast.

Rex Ryan: regarding blitzing. " When I am wrong I give up a 30 yard pass, but when the QB is wrong its a int.

Now combining the 3 comments and based upon what I see out there I feel like the Bills are struggling on defense because they are doing to much thinking out there and not just playing fast and I feel like they are better when they can keep things in front of them and not worrying about players like Jerry Hughes worrying about who is covering

As far as that last comment by Rex that may work against bum qb's but vs the best it will cost you the game.
    Last edited by Edward Robinson; 10-18-2015, 03:29 PM.
Working...
X