X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Haile SpikedLemonade
    • Jun 2024

This is a 9-7 or 8-8 Team

I sat back and thought about how this season is shaping up. We are a good team. We are not a great team.

Our defense is not as as good as last year. We spend the majority of our salary budget on the defense. I did not expect our defense to be worse than last year when the Head Coach we hired is a self-proclaimed "Defensive Guru".

Our offense is better than last year. We spent a lot of money on our offense this off-season. It is definitely better.

Despite the changes, we really have not improved as a team. Maybe we win a couple games that we are outplayed to get to 10-6 but I doubt it.

So the issue turns to next year. How do we take the next step when getting that elite QB seems to be impossible?
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

Re: This is a 9-7 or 8-8 Team

Without a healthy Tyrod, McCoy, KW and Watkins, I think this team could very well lose to Jax.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
      Making Spirits Bright
      • Mar 2006

The good news is that we still get to play the Jags, Dolphins, Chiefs, Texans, and Redskins. The bad news is that we are probably on par with those teams right now.

However, our 3 losses have come against teams that are a combined 13-2. Considering how the Giants lost their 1st two games, that could easily be 14-1 or even 15-0.

That stat would make me feel better if our team hadn't just played like absolute dog s***.

Comment

• Mace
        Haha...yeah you think so ?
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
        I sat back and thought about how this season is shaping up. We are a good team. We are not a great team.

Our defense is not as as good as last year. We spend the majority of our salary budget on the defense. I did not expect our defense to be worse than last year when the Head Coach we hired is a self-proclaimed "Defensive Guru".

Our offense is better than last year. We spent a lot of money on our offense this off-season. It is definitely better.

Despite the changes, we really have not improved as a team. Maybe we win a couple games that we are outplayed to get to 10-6 but I doubt it.

So the issue turns to next year. How do we take the next step when getting that elite QB seems to be impossible?
        Well, the offense isn't so definitely better with so many people riding the pines damaged.

Probable answer to the defense is for Ryan to learn to adapt which seems unlikely as he's too all about everyone adapting for him.

But I think they're wandering into 7-9, 6-10 land this season at this point. Teams I didn't think would be a problem, KC, Washington, might be, and I don't think they look like they can play with Dallas (with a returned Romo), New England, or Philadelphia at this point. Not even sure where the 2 games with the Jets fall, since we always look like crap at home.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
          Peterman Sucks!
          • Mar 2006

If this team doesn't reach 8-8 does Rex get fired?

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
            • Sep 2004

Depends who we get back. Our schedule gets much easier the rest of the way. We've lost to the two best teams in the AFC who haven't lost a single game, combined. The Giants who are playing really well and will likely win their division. We have lots of guys out.

We can very easily be 5-3 by taking down Jax and Miami at home.

Right now even, the Bills have more or as many wins than 10 other AFC teams. Long way to go.

Comment

• MillsapsBillsFan
              • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
              If Im Pegula I would.

I know it seems nuts to fire a coach that quick, but when you bring in someone who is very good on one side of the ball and that unit regresses you need to make a tough choice.

This team only has a couple years before they reach full salary cap hell so you need a coach who is going to win now, not one who talks a big game and doesn't show it on the field

Comment

• Bill Cody
                • Sep 2004

If we're a good team I'd like to know what about it is good. Because what I'm seeing is 2 1/2 stars across the board.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                  Buffalo Bills Fan
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by MillsapsBillsFan View Post
                  If Im Pegula I would.

I know it seems nuts to fire a coach that quick, but when you bring in someone who is very good on one side of the ball and that unit regresses you need to make a tough choice.

This team only has a couple years before they reach full salary cap hell so you need a coach who is going to win now, not one who talks a big game and doesn't show it on the field

Well, BUF's constant firing of HCs is a big part of the problem. Marrone was smart enough to insist on that sweet opt-out clause.
                  Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                    • Apr 2003

Originally posted by RedEyE View Post
                    Without a healthy Tyrod, McCoy, KW and Watkins, I think this team could very well lose to Jax.
                    u make it sound like the defense didnt allow 35 points this weekend lol

- - - Updated - - -

not a chance of him being fired even if we go 3-13

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                      • Jun 2024

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                      Probable answer to the defense is for Ryan to learn to adapt which seems unlikely as he's too all about everyone adapting for him.
                      Please elaborate.

Comment

• Mace
                        • Mar 2013

No way. They'd bop Whaley first because they already though to minimize him with Polian. Sort of wouldn't surprise me much if they do it again, like they did looking back to the Sabres LaFontaine/Nolan before having to do it again. Polian brings in his kid, they upset Ryan, eventually upset Pegula, and we're still flopping around in 2018, like hiring Marv Levy again didn't help any. At that point they get serious and hire a football guy on the edge, wreck it all and start over so we can be happy around 2021 or so.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                          • Jun 2024

You know the answer to this --- NO.

Too much invested.

Comment

• Mace
                            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
                            Please elaborate.
                            Ryan doesn't change, he changes his teams to fit himself. He's not going to try and find a better way to use what he has, he'll try and find what he wants to use like he always has, and then it will become about the GM (whoever) not getting him the right players that he wanted to make his concept work.

If Ryan could change, he'd adapt to changing how the line works in his scheme, same as he'd have adapted his coaching methods to his teams and not expecting his teams to adapt to his coaching methods. If it's not working, it's not Ryan, though he'll say it is but do the same things next week, figuring he'll get different results by taking the blame and his players will feel bad about it and do like he intended them to do without recognizing they can't.

It's not his scheme, it's always who he has in it that isn't working, because he scheme is the shiznit because he said so, and believes it.
                            Last edited by Mace; 10-18-2015, 06:13 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                              No way. They'd bop Whaley first because they already though to minimize him with Polian. Sort of wouldn't surprise me much if they do it again, like they did looking back to the Sabres LaFontaine/Nolan before having to do it again. Polian brings in his kid, they upset Ryan, eventually upset Pegula, and we're still flopping around in 2018, like hiring Marv Levy again didn't help any. At that point they get serious and hire a football guy on the edge, wreck it all and start over so we can be happy around 2021 or so.
                              Someone is gonna have to be the scapegoat if the team regresses from how it performed last year. And based on what we've seen thus far, it's a real possibility for that to occur come end of the season.

Comment

Working...
                              X