PDA

View Full Version : 3-3

Buffalogic
10-18-2015, 06:45 PM
Yea it was ugly today. Still we are 3-3 with two of three losses coming against undefeated teams. Our schedule softens up considerably going forward.

We have to get a better rush with the front four and we need to blitz more. Our corners should be in press more. Hopefully that is obvious to the coaching staff after we keep giving up intermediate passes every week.

Overall, there is a lot of football left and if we can get healthier especially on offense, we have a chance considering the scope of the conference, which isn't very good. 3-2 in the Afc isn't bad when we played pats and Bengals already.

The losses have sucked but they aren't something we can't come back from if they pull their heads out.

Mace
10-18-2015, 06:59 PM
They can't play with the big kids, just the small ones.

justasportsfan
10-18-2015, 07:01 PM
Na. No need to blitz. Just get rid of Rex. He sucks. Look at where the jets are right now. To think I laughed at Fitz starting .

YardRat
10-18-2015, 07:14 PM
If it wasn't obvious to the coaching staff from the very beginning, it never will be.

The offense needs to get healthy, which the manner in which they are dropping on a weekly basis doesn't appear likely, and Rex needs to get his head out of his ass with the defense. Am I surprised at being 3-3 at this point? Absolutely not, they are where I expected them to be, but I only had them going 8-8 for the season anyway. Disappointed that they are not exceeding what I consider low expectations? Absolutely.

We've been blown out in three consecutive home games, and regardless of the W-L record that is totally unacceptable.

Meathead
10-18-2015, 07:22 PM
somewhat surprisingly the qb play has been more than adequate. injuries have been devastating and the d has way underperformed. anything can happen but going 7-3 the rest of the way to have a chance at the playoffs seems unlikely

Buffalogic
10-18-2015, 07:25 PM
Na. No need to blitz. Just get rid of Rex. He sucks. Look at where the jets are right now. To think I laughed at Fitz starting .This is just dumb. We get it, you hate rex. You say that in one form or another in every thread. We can't get rid of him right now and the season is not over.

Mace
10-18-2015, 07:29 PM
If it wasn't obvious to the coaching staff from the very beginning, it never will be.

The offense needs to get healthy, which the manner in which they are dropping on a weekly basis doesn't appear likely, and Rex needs to get his head out of his ass with the defense. Am I surprised at being 3-3 at this point? Absolutely not, they are where I expected them to be, but I only had them going 8-8 for the season anyway. Disappointed that they are not exceeding what I consider low expectations? Absolutely.

We've been blown out in three consecutive home games, and regardless of the W-L record that is totally unacceptable.

I expected them to be doing better, riding the first year Ryan wave. Well no, but what bugs me the most is how they are at home. Like they expect teams to roll over in our house, and when they don't they get cranky and snotty and lose their grip on a game.

That's just coaching. No way around it. Don't know what he's telling them before home games, but they think they don't have to play in them and lose their temper if they do.

trapezeus
10-19-2015, 06:46 AM
considering that we can not go 3 and out routinely, this is a fitting record.

the concern isn't the record. it is how boring they are and how utterly helpless they are. 3 and outs routinely in the first have and no adjustments in the second half. that is a recipe for disaster. hoping for a turnaround is unlikely given the 6 games we've seen.

the only time the offense gets yards is against bad teams or late when it no longer matters.

feldspar
10-19-2015, 07:02 AM
Look on the bright side. Our win, loss, win, loss formula will be broken off with the bye-week. The bye-week happens on the designated loss slot, and that still counts; therefore, we'll get two wins in a row against the Jaguars and then the Dolphins in week nine. Trust me. The math proves it, and you can't argue with math. Lol. So if we're 5-3, is that so bad? There are lots of winnable games on the horizon.

Could be that heads gets pulled out of the collective ass. Maybe not, but maybe. I'm not ready to throw in the towel until we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs...remember that you can't argue with math. We aren't even close to being eliminated right now. We're in it. I can't say we're Super Bowl bound, but I'd like to make the playoffs and roll the dice there. That would be good enough for me at this point, and it's still entirely possible.

EDS
10-19-2015, 07:10 AM
Look on the bright side. Our win, loss, win, loss formula will be broken off with the bye-week. The bye-week happens on the designated loss slot, and that still counts; therefore, we'll get two wins in a row against the Jaguars and then the Dolphins in week nine. Trust me. The math proves it, and you can't argue with math. Lol. So if we're 5-3, is that so bad? There are lots of winnable games on the horizon.

Could be that heads gets pulled out of the collective ass. Maybe not, but maybe. I'm not ready to throw in the towel until we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs...remember that you can't argue with math. We aren't even close to being eliminated right now. We're in it. I can't say we're Super Bowl bound, but I'd like to make the playoffs and roll the dice there. That would be good enough for me at this point, and it's still entirely possible.

Can't argue with the math . . .

bdutton
10-19-2015, 10:31 AM
Our losses are against teams with a combined 13-2 record.
- NE 5-0
- NYG 3-2
- CIN 5-0

Our wins are against teams with a combined 6-10

- IND 3-3
- MIA 2-3
- TEN 1-4

Remaining 20 games are against opponents with a combined 25-29, Seven of which are teams with losing records. Its realistic to think that we could win 7 of those games. Below are the teams and current records. I think most of these games are winnable.

JAC 1-5 (W)
MIA 2-3 (W)
NYJ 4-1 (W)
NE 5-0 (L - Nobody will beat NE this year)
KC 1-5 (W)
HOU 2-4 (W)
PHI 2-3 (L - Playing this game in Philly will be a tough one to win)
WAS 2-4 (W)
DAL 2-3 (L - Romo is back and playing well by this time)
NYJ 4-1 (W)

I think the NYJ 4-1 record is an illusion. They are playing just good enough to win against teams like the Browns, Colts, Dolphins and Redskins.

I think 10 wins and a wildcard spot is possible.

Historian
10-19-2015, 10:41 AM
At this point, I'm not sure we can beat the fish....

Victor7
10-19-2015, 11:47 AM
I'd actually say we are 3-4 since there is no way we beat NE in Foxboro. But whatever.

Our 3 wins have come vs a Colts team that isn't what it used to be, A Dolphins squad that fired their coach and DC 2 weeks after our game and the Titans that just got rolled by those Dolphins. Our losses on the other hand have come vs the much better teams. Our play at home this season is nothing short of embarrassing. We get rolled up by the good teams, its the painful truth.

Rex needs to figure out the defense man. He tried to fix what wasn't broken and it shows. We knew the offense would be a challenge but the D was supposed to be a given. It isn't. Start there. It shouldn't be hard to get it back to last year's form. And please no more EJ Manuel.

paladin warrior
10-19-2015, 12:51 PM
win
lost
win
lost
win
lost
this is outrage :rage:

GreedoII
10-19-2015, 12:53 PM
Na. No need to blitz. Just get rid of Rex. He sucks. Look at where the jets are right now. To think I laughed at Fitz starting .

don't be fooled by the Jets....cupcake schedule and Fitz will be Fitz...about that time for him to show up if you know what I mean..man do fans forget...

paladin warrior
10-19-2015, 01:03 PM
I hope Buffalo Bills get 11-5 this year and division 4-2

Jag -win
bye
fish breath- win
Green horse sh..ity -win
Pats- lost
chiefs-win
Texans- win
Eagles-win
Pigskin-win
Cowboys-lost
Green horse sh..ity-win
:gobills:

justasportsfan
10-19-2015, 06:01 PM
This is just dumb. We get it, you hate rex. You say that in one form or another in every thread. We can't get rid of him right now and the season is not over.

You are right. That was dumb. It's just that it's getting so frustrating that until now we're not only looking for Kelly's replacement but Marvs replacement too.

I thought we have a very talented line up derensively and somehow Rex found a way to destroy it.

BillsImpossible
10-19-2015, 06:06 PM
We have to get a better rush with the front four and we need to blitz more.

What front 4?

I think you meant to say front 3.