PDA

View Full Version : TBN : Rush to judgement, defense

Mace
10-18-2015, 07:46 PM
I think the actual title is misleading "D-linemen pin loss on 3-4 scheme",

This year, in Ryan’s 3-4 base that calls for the linemen to mainly help create openings for blitzing linebackers and safeties, Mario Williams leads the team with two sacks, while Hughes, Dareus and Kyle Williams have one apiece.

I think they're blaming it on scheme, as well they should, I just don't see them working a 3-4 though I don't know what their playbook or Ryan says it is. Then again, I don't know how it can't be if Kyle Williams ends up as a linebacker. I don't know what's going on anymore.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/10/18/rush-to-judgment-d-linemen-pin-loss-on-3-4-scheme/

Novacane
10-18-2015, 08:04 PM
It wasn't broken but Rex tried to fix it.

Mace
10-18-2015, 08:21 PM
It wasn't broken but Rex tried to fix it.

Unfortunately for our purposes and theirs.

stuckincincy
10-18-2015, 08:53 PM
I think the actual title is misleading "D-linemen pin loss on 3-4 scheme",

I think they're blaming it on scheme, as well they should, I just don't see them working a 3-4 though I don't know what their playbook or Ryan says it is. Then again, I don't know how it can't be if Kyle Williams ends up as a linebacker. I don't know what's going on anymore.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/10/18/rush-to-judgment-d-linemen-pin-loss-on-3-4-scheme/

I blame it on Dareus who is an effective tub 'o goo who should be playing a perfect NT, a Kyle Williams getting old and is probably looking over his shoulder wondering when all those folks he cheap-shotted get final retribution, and two income-inequality poster children manning the wings who know that sacks = $$$ and that winning a game is, well, ok. :drive:

Mace
10-18-2015, 08:59 PM
I blame it on Dareus who is an effective tub 'o goo who should be playing a perfect NT, a Kyle Williams getting old and is probably looking over his shoulder wondering when all those folks he cheap-shotted get final retribution, and two income-inequality poster children manning the wings who know that sacks = $$$ and that winning a game is, well, ok. :drive:

well, ok. I'm sure you aren't hammered.

stuckincincy
10-18-2015, 10:59 PM
well ok - BUF has a very big DL financial problem. Of their own making. Dareus, M. Williams, Hughes suck up a large portion of $$$. I was astounded that they re-inked Hughes for those big bucks.

We have a Dareus who should be a NT. We have two very costly DE, both of which think (and they are right) that sack numbers increase their paychecks.

Once again, I pose the question: If these three along with K.Williams are so good, what would move the BUF coaches to have this or that one bounce back into some sort of coverage? If they are so good, why not have them storm after the qb?

If Ryan did that, they would be dog-tired. BUF has nothing on the DL bench because they haven't drafted for that bench. Cripes, BUF held the ball for mere 11 and a half minutes in the 2nd half as is...

Buddo
10-19-2015, 03:54 AM
well ok - BUF has a very big DL financial problem. Of their own making. Dareus, M. Williams, Hughes suck up a large portion of $$$. I was astounded that they re-inked Hughes for those big bucks.

We have a Dareus who should be a NT. We have two very costly DE, both of which think (and they are right) that sack numbers increase their paychecks.

Once again, I pose the question: If these three along with K.Williams are so good, what would move the BUF coaches to have this or that one bounce back into some sort of coverage? If they are so good, why not have them storm after the qb?

If Ryan did that, they would be dog-tired. BUF has nothing on the DL bench because they haven't drafted for that bench. Cripes, BUF held the ball for mere 11 and a half minutes in the 2nd half as is...

Just perhaps, having them do what they do best, will get the D off the field much more often, giving them some rest. Worked out like that when Schwartz was running it.

swiper
10-19-2015, 03:54 AM
Both the Ryans are ove-rated. It's still Schwartz > Pettine > Rex Ryan.

At least we got the lesser of the two Ryans.

YardRat
10-19-2015, 03:59 AM

They got paid big bucks to play defensive line, not lber. Why? Because they are very talented defensive linemen, not very talented LBers.

Except Dareus can play just about anywhere on the interior dline effectively, and the DE's increased their paychecks by also being stingy against the run, not just sacks.

Because we hired a HC and staff that are too stupid to utilize the talent they were gifted in a manner that plays to there strengths, but amazingly enough they still think they are smarter than everybody else.

It isn't a talent issue, it's a misuse of talent issue.

Schwartz did it, and things were working OK.

jamze132
10-19-2015, 10:59 AM
Just think...if we didn't resign Jerry, we would be blaming our lack of success on offenses devoting more attention to Mario and Marcel.

swiper
10-19-2015, 11:24 AM
Vic Carucci (https://twitter.com/viccarucci)✔ @viccarucci (https://twitter.com/viccarucci)

We've heard Hughes, Kyle Williams & Marcell Dareus talk about adjusting to the new scheme. They are clearly more frustrated. #Bills (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bills?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)

Mark Ludwiczak @MarkLud12 (https://twitter.com/MarkLud12)

Some interesting comments from Mario Williams post-game. Didn't exactly sound thrilled about his role/responsibilities on defense