PDA

View Full Version : Who's gonna play wideout?

IlluminatusUIUC
10-19-2015, 09:26 AM
We ended that game with Watkins, Harvin, Easley, and Goodwin all out, which gives us only Hogan, Woods, and Moore going into the London game. I think it's time to bring Dez Lewis up from the practice squad, at least he's been playing with the team through TC and he's tall enough to run a go and throw a jump ball too. What else do we do? Split Clay out wide more? Go Old Tyme Football with two TEs and a fullback every down?

Skooby
10-19-2015, 09:29 AM
Keep letting EJ throw & you'll be able to add a few more to that list. Did you see Clay have to jump for the high-pass & tip the ball ?? Talk about a dead man's pass.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-19-2015, 09:30 AM
Keep letting EJ throw & you'll be able to add a few more to that list. Did you see Clay have to jump for the high-pass & tip the ball ?? Talk about a dead man's pass.

If Taylor was as close to being back as he claims, he should be ready to go in London.

Ed
10-19-2015, 09:38 AM
Hopefully Karlos Williams is healthy and ready to go. It would be a good week to get the running game going now that McCoy is back too.

Maybe we'll see more multiple TE sets and they can get Gragg involved. WR is definitely a big concern right now. They really can't afford to lose to the Jags.

Forward_Lateral
10-19-2015, 09:53 AM
They should go with more 2 TE sets like Ed said. Gragg looked open every freaking time. Also, Tyrod should take note that Robert Woods can catch. Throw him the freaking ball.

Mr. Miyagi
10-19-2015, 10:04 AM
WTF is going on? WR was a position of strength for us, we had a total embarrassment of riches before the season started. Now we're down to scrubs??

Buffalogic
10-19-2015, 10:30 AM
Good thing we have such an easy game before the bye or else we would be in trouble. Beat the jags and get healthy during the bye and we should finally have our full squad albeit 9 games into the season.

jamze132
10-19-2015, 10:30 AM
Well until we're healthy, hopefully after the bye, we need to utilize two TE sets, which will help McCoy and we need to play-action while rolling Taylor out of the pocket. If there's nothing open, let him run.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-19-2015, 11:24 AM
WTF is going on? WR was a position of strength for us, we had a total embarrassment of riches before the season started. Now we're down to scrubs??

That would be true of any team that lost three of their top four wideouts. If Denver lost Emmanuel Sanders and Demaryius Thomas and rolled out Andre Caldwell and Jerious Norwood, we'd be saying the same thing.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-19-2015, 11:27 AM
I wonder if Reggie Wayne still has his passport?

Oaf
10-19-2015, 11:28 AM
Why didn't Denarius Moore get snaps? He's burnt us before with the Raiders.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-19-2015, 11:33 AM
Why didn't Denarius Moore get snaps? He's burnt us before with the Raiders.

I keep hearing how complicated the offense is. He's only been with us a few weeks.

Victor7
10-19-2015, 11:39 AM

It was on paper. But some of those guys are made of rose petals. Harvin has always been an injury walking. Goodwin is the biggest puss on the roster. He's always hurt. And Sammy seems to be suffering from those little nagging things all the time as well. Bills need to find a way to get healthy and soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Good thing we have such an easy game before the bye or else we would be in trouble. Beat the jags and get healthy during the bye and we should finally have our full squad albeit 9 games into the season.

Nothing's ever easy when it comes to this team man.

Nothing.

Victor7
10-19-2015, 11:40 AM
I keep hearing how complicated the offense is. He's only been with us a few weeks.

Not to mention that the guy is sooooo clever that he fair catches punts at the 5. SMH

YardRat
10-19-2015, 12:13 PM
They used Clay quite a bit yesterday in the slot in the second half, that's why Gragg saw so many snaps. Probably see more of the same Sunday morning if somebody doesn't get healthy.

GreedoII
10-19-2015, 12:35 PM
We ended that game with Watkins, Harvin, Easley, and Goodwin all out, which gives us only Hogan, Woods, and Moore going into the London game. I think it's time to bring Dez Lewis up from the practice squad, at least he's been playing with the team through TC and he's tall enough to run a go and throw a jump ball too. What else do we do? Split Clay out wide more? Go Old Tyme Football with two TEs and a fullback every down?

how about you give it a go bunky?

Homegrown
10-19-2015, 01:27 PM
TJ Graham is available ...and so is his jersey number

gebobs
10-19-2015, 02:05 PM
Goodwin is the biggest puss on the roster. He's always hurt. And Sammy seems to be suffering from those little nagging things all the time as well. Bills need to find a way to get healthy and soon.
I think Sammy has taken that mantle and how.

"I know I've been injured for the last two weeks and for a good part of last season but why aren't I getting targets like OBJ. I want, no I DEMAND, 10-15 targets. Whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine!"

First game back, gets targeted six times and goes lame with a frickin' ankle injury. Are you kidding me? And just one week after our starting quarterback plaed half a game injured and prectically won it single handedly? And you go down with a little ankle sprain?

We can't afford to play you. We can't afford to give you even 5 targets. Tell ya what, after 5, you go sit on the end of the bench and give us that mopey look that we've all gotten used to.,

direbills
10-19-2015, 02:10 PM

Yeah because Sammy's injury is due to Manuel. Got it.

gebobs
10-19-2015, 02:30 PM
Yeah because Sammy's injury is due to Manuel. Got it.

Of course, Mammy is just injury prone. Only he twists his ankle going back for the ball. But the ball was thrown behind him. I'm sick of both of these characters. Three first rounders and none of them worth a god damn.

Edward Robinson
10-19-2015, 03:18 PM
Of course, Mammy is just injury prone. Only he twists his ankle going back for the ball. But the ball was thrown behind him. I'm sick of both of these characters. Three first rounders and none of them worth a god damn.

Ball was not thrown behind him. Ball was thrown perfect on the run. Sammy Slipped on terrible turf. Need to just go with what other teams have

direbills
10-19-2015, 03:31 PM
Ball was not thrown behind him. Ball was thrown perfect on the run. Sammy Slipped on terrible turf. Need to just go with what other teams have

Let's not get the facts in the way of blaming Manuel. It is all his fault.

Victor7
10-19-2015, 03:48 PM
Sammy's injury wasn't Manuel's fault. The throw was off (as usual). That didn't help but for all we know Sammy "glass" Watkins would've gotten hurt on the next drive. He's been that kind of character so far.

gebobs
10-19-2015, 04:15 PM

Heck if it wasn't. Watkins is in the end zone going left to right. The ball is behind him. He does a 180, twists his ankle in the process, and goes back for the ball.

Let's not get the facts in the way of blaming Manuel. It is all his fault.

Mkay...I'm pretty sure I didn't so whatevs.

swiper
10-20-2015, 04:03 AM

Then you shouldn't have suggested bringing Reggie Wayne coming in of the street.

Mace
10-20-2015, 05:42 PM
I'll play wideout. I can catch 2 yard passes at the sidelines against a prevent as well as anyone. No one will cover me because they know I'll immediately step out of bounds just past the line and I can reliably move us 6 yards a series, 8 if we go for it.

When they get lazy late in the game, I'll fool them and step out once after 3 yards so they respect me.

BillsImpossible
10-20-2015, 05:52 PM
My guess is the Bills will use Marcell Dareus in the slot because he's quick and fast, Mario Williams will be the #2 because he's long and tall, and Chris Hogan will be the #1 receiver because he obviously beat out Sammy Watkins in training camp.

BillsImpossible
10-20-2015, 06:17 PM
Hogan, Woods and I hope Dez Lewis, the Bills 7th round draft pick.

Denarius Moore was signed when, 2 weeks ago?

Lewis was injured for most of training camp, but finished strong enough to land on the practice squad.

I heard that Lewis is making the trip, but can't confirm if he's been activated for Sunday.

If the offense is complicated, one would think that Lewis gets the nod.

I'd play Dez Lewis as the #2 because of his size and have Woods play the slot.

711 will be open all day in London.

gebobs
10-20-2015, 06:48 PM
Word is EJ is starting so it doesnt matter.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-20-2015, 06:49 PM
Then you shouldn't have suggested bringing Reggie Wayne coming in of the street.

Wayne is a decade plus veteran, I think he'd pick up the system faster

BillsImpossible
10-20-2015, 06:54 PM
Word is EJ is starting so it doesnt matter.

Just when I had a good buzz going, you freaking ruined it!

But I thank you.

gebobs
10-20-2015, 06:56 PM
Just when I had a good buzz going, you freaking ruined it!

But I thank you.
Same source said Shady, KW, and Mammy too.

BillsImpossible
10-20-2015, 07:00 PM
Same source said Shady, KW, and Mammy too.

I hope to the football Gods that you're joking.

Say it ain't so, gebobs.

gebobs
10-20-2015, 07:09 PM
I hope to the football Gods that you're joking.

Say it ain't so, gebobs.
I trust this guys sources with the Sabres better. It wouldnt surprise me one bit though. Taylor took a shot to the legs after he had already injured his knee with that idiotic play when Hogan passed to him. As for frickin Watkins, we should expect him to sit every week unless told otherwise. Hes a huge pu$$.