• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mace
    Haha...yeah you think so ?
    • Mar 2013

TBN : Ryan used a Navy SEALs video to inspire team

Asked about the team's myraid of injuries at Tuesday's "Play 60" event, cornerback Ron Brooks brought up the clip as something the players must think about, a way to unify through a tough period.

"We want to be like Navy SEALs," Brooks said. "We want to have each others’ backs in those hard and tough times and no matter we’re not going to stop fighting for each other. We might not have had the outcome that we wanted but that’s not going to change the outlook of who we are, what we are and what we know we’re capable of doing.

I don't know, seems silly to me. Great idea to inspire a team with so many unsportsmanlike type penalties and encourage them to keep fighting no matter what.

If I were Ryan I'd have shown them a Pats video. "We want to be like the Pats." Brooks would say, "We want to take care of business with discipline like professionals in those hard and tough times."

Then, if I were Ryan, to motivate myself I'd watch a video of Schwartz's defense from last year when they started rolling, and see if I could pick up any pointers.

Wth is he doing ? They aren't lacking motivation, they're lacking game process and mechanics and discipline, not pep talks.

Annoys me too much. I think I need some time off from football.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: TBN : Ryan used a Navy SEALs video to inspire team

Cue the 'It's us against the world' mantra in 3...2...1...
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mace
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
      Cue the 'It's us against the world' mantra in 3...2...1...
      Yep. You know, it's really starting to bother me how Ryan's only answer for everything is some motivational thing. And then he marvels that they're over emotional and undisciplined after he keys them up even more or tries to.

Comment

• feldspar
        • Mar 2007

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mace View Post
          Yep. You know, it's really starting to bother me how Ryan's only answer for everything is some motivational thing. And then he marvels that they're over emotional and undisciplined after he keys them up even more or tries to.

They are NOT focused. As far as I'm concerned you didn't do your job if you didn't win the sb. Don't go celebrating like an idiot if you made a tackle, make an INT scored a TD but are still behind in the game.

If you win ,enjoy it for that night and move on and focus on winning the next game.

You didn't do your job as a team if you didn't win the SB.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Bill Cody
            • Sep 2004

It's week 6. I've gone from suspicious but neutral about Ryan to active dislike. How many weeks before this morphs into chopping off the toes of Rex dolls?

Comment

• Mace
              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
              It's week 6. I've gone from suspicious but neutral about Ryan to active dislike. How many weeks before this morphs into chopping off the toes of Rex dolls?
              2. You'll feel better when we beat the hapless Jags in London, then go ballistic when Miami takes us at home for an aggravating 4-4.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                2. You'll feel better when we beat the hapless Jags in London, then go ballistic when Miami takes us at home for an aggravating 4-4.
                Seriously this team is like watching a slow motion car crash. You can see it coming but you still can't look away

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                  Skoobasaurus-Rex
                  • Oct 2011

Maybe Rex should let the players just do what they want in the name of unity, even though they selfishly behave to the detriment of the whole team. The Seals work together for a common goal, not putting one member above the other. That's the intent here, which after thinking about requires a brain.

We're several points off MENSA genius level for our players, so this is Good for S/.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Bellicheat let's Gronk go club hopping . So I like BBs motivation better. It works
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mace
                      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                      Bellicheat let's Gronk go club hopping . So I like BBs motivation better. It works
                      You sort of get the idea Belichick doesn't need to use Navy Seals videos, trips to Dave & Busters and "Yes Sir" wristbands to get his point across and have his team ready for game day in a businesslike, workmanlike, disciplined fashion.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                        "Let them play."

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                          • Mar 2013

Marv Levy said one thing about football players that I'll never forget.

'Self motivated players,' are the key to winning.

Marv Levy, former head coach of the Buffalo Bills, led the team to four consecutive Super Bowls in the 1990s – the only coach to do so. Coach Levy was

Leadership is the ability to get people to believe in themselves. To not follow you, but to join you, and to believe in you.

Comment

• Mace
                            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
                            Marv Levy said one thing about football players that I'll never forget.

'Self motivated players,' are the key to winning.

Marv Levy, former head coach of the Buffalo Bills, led the team to four consecutive Super Bowls in the 1990s – the only coach to do so. Coach Levy was

Leadership is the ability to get people to believe in themselves. To not follow you, but to join you, and to believe in you.
                            My favorite two were :

"What you do should speak so loudly that no one will hear what you say."
                            Except he meant it opposite of what Ryan cultivates.

And :

"Systems don't win, players do."

Comment

• Spartacus
                              • Mar 2003

In "Patriot Reign", the book about the Pat's first Superbowls, it tells a story about someone telling Belichick the team had "lost it's swagger".

Belichick went ballistic and told the team that swagger was horse**** and teams won because they played smart and focused football where everyone did their job.

So, from now on when you ever hear someone talking admiringly about "swagger", you know that BB thinks he's a *****ing moron.
                              My tebya razdavim

Comment

Working...
                              X