PDA

View Full Version : Donnie Henderson Made Some Interesting Comments Tonight: "We Just Let Them Play"

BillsImpossible
10-20-2015, 06:43 PM
On the John Murphy Show.

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/audio/Donnie-Henderson-We-just-let-them-play/b9ad7b77-6717-40c2-818b-48c577d50528

Donnie Henderson's very first comment (besides giving thanks) was...

"Everything is subject to change. Gotta' be able to improvise and adjust in this business."

Near the end of the show, Murph asked Henderson about the, "big tool box," of a playbook in the Bills defensive arsenal.

"We scale back a lot of things."

After listening to this interview, I can understand why Donnie Henderson's secondary has been so good since he's been in Buffalo.

He deserves a promotion in the near future.

justasportsfan
10-21-2015, 08:20 AM
Henderson right now it the best coach on this staff. The Cb's have been lights out in terms of defending the pass WITHOUT any help from the DL (thanks to Rex). So far we're lucky there are no injuries despite the cb's throwing their bodies around to defend a pass where the wr have had all day to get open.

The cb's could have had more INT's instead of batted down balls if there was qb pressure just like the INT Gilmore had vs. titans in the closing seconds that sealed the game. Dareus rushed Mariottas throw.

Victor7
10-21-2015, 03:48 PM
Slow down there fellas

Best coach on the team ?? I don't know. The corners are very good for sure. He's done wonders with Darby. But have you kind sirs seen our safeties ?? Graham is decent, AW is legit but he's hurt. But Bacari Rambo and Duke Williams are a disgrace. They are sooooo soooooo bad. A massive weakness teams will continue to exploit until we find way to get to the QB or have AW come back.

Lets pump the brakes on DH being the all world coach.

Mace
10-21-2015, 05:25 PM
Slow down there fellas

Best coach on the team ?? I don't know. The corners are very good for sure. He's done wonders with Darby. But have you kind sirs seen our safeties ?? Graham is decent, AW is legit but he's hurt. But Bacari Rambo and Duke Williams are a disgrace. They are sooooo soooooo bad. A massive weakness teams will continue to exploit until we find way to get to the QB or have AW come back.

Yeah, I'm not sure what "we scale back a lot of things" means either. Ryan runs a very DB oriented defense. How could the DB's be scaling back a lot of things while linemen have 6 or 7 checks, for the DB's and LB's. They all have to have the same process don't they ? How is Henderson improvising and adjusting without the rest of the D doing it also ?

I can see it being simple and scaled down for the two main corners. They play a press variation on a single target, and that's that. Nickel cb probably has a simple coverage or rush read, Safeties though join the dance with the lb's and linemen.

Doesn't make sense to me, besides an old survivor of a coach being diplomatic and saying what he knows people want to hear.

justasportsfan
10-21-2015, 05:32 PM
Slow down there fellas

Hes consistently been a good coach even under the past regime. He made Mckelvin a good cb prior to getting hurt. He was the one who molded A Williams into what he was prior to getting hurt. He is the one who made Graham who you say is decent.

As for Duke and Rambo you can't make everyone peobiwlers. Even Bellicheat couldn't do it with Mallet .

Players rave about Henderson. The st is nothing apecial. The O is a mess and the front 7 are bickering. Our dbs are the best unit on this team so far and They've been doing it without any qb pressure.

So yes, I can say he's the best coach on this team so far.

BillsImpossible
10-21-2015, 05:47 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure what "we scale back a lot of things" means either.

Henderson was talking implementing a game plan in practice over the course of the week.

It sounded like Rex Ryan tries to implement all kinds of crazy complex crap early in the week, and by the end of the week Henderson reels him in, or at least his own players.

"Everything is subject to change. Gotta' be able to improvise and adjust in this business."

I think Donnie Henderson is trying to subtly say that Rex Ryan needs to change and improvise.

When he said, "We just let them play," I thought of the recent comments made by Marcell Dareus.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000562049/article/marcell-dareus-hopefully-rex-will-let-us-rush-more

Marcell Dareus: Hopefully Rex will let us rush more
"We want to make some plays. We don't want fans looking at us crazy," Dareus said. "We like making plays. We like getting sacks, just being out there exerting a lot of energy and having fun.