PDA

View Full Version : Looks to me like...

feldspar
10-20-2015, 07:50 PM
...the ball hit the ground on that deep Bengals pass.

Oh well, right?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CRnxgHpU8AEWkPS.jpg

Joe Fo Sho
10-20-2015, 08:02 PM
It's allowed to hit the ground. You really need the full video to see whether or not he had control before the ball hit the ground and how much the ball moves when it hits the ground.

That play was definitely huge for the Bengals and it sucked that we actually had good coverage and didn't defend the pass. Sometimes there's nothing you can do when opponent makes a play like this.

Goobylal
10-20-2015, 08:08 PM
It was an incomplete pass and Rex should have challenged it.

stuckincincy
10-20-2015, 08:17 PM
It was an incomplete pass and Rex should have challenged it.

He was already on the phone with London.

Meathead
10-20-2015, 08:47 PM
i reviewed that on the dvr at the time and it certainly appeared to hit the ground before he secured it but i didnt think there was enough there to overturn. then again, i didnt think clays was a catch for the pretty much the same reason and they overturned that one so who knows. plus they had already given him two and psychologically i think the refs mighta been looking for a reason not to overturn. but that was the turning point in the game imo so perhaps rexy shoulda tried it anyway

IlluminatusUIUC
10-20-2015, 08:50 PM
i reviewed that on the dvr at the time and it certainly appeared to hit the ground before he secured it but i didnt think there was enough there to overturn. then again, i didnt think clays was a catch for the pretty much the same reason and they overturned that one so who knows. plus they had already given him two and psychologically i think the refs mighta been looking for a reason not to overturn. but that was the turning point in the game imo so perhaps rexy shoulda tried it anyway

He absolutely should have tried anyway. If the challenge suceeds, great, but you need a timeout to settle your D there regardless.

Skooby
10-20-2015, 09:41 PM
Ball moved when it hit the ground, I screamed at the TV and no one listened. SOAB.

Oaf
10-20-2015, 11:57 PM
Duke Williams should have made a play.

coastal
10-21-2015, 04:35 AM
It was a forward pass!!!!!

Novacane
10-21-2015, 07:01 AM
Gilmore should of just batted it away instead of trying to catch it.

ghz in pittsburgh
10-21-2015, 07:28 AM
Gilmore should of just batted it away instead of trying to catch it.

That was my thought. That prayer ball would up in a not perfect but good spot, though, away from Gilmore and over Duke's head (who was late, thus unable to guard the other side). Not sure Gilmore would've got a finger on it but e better chane if he stuck his right hand out trying to deflect it.

I gotta say though that that was the turning point of the game for me, and I think, for the Bills D players as well. Basically it spelled "fate or no chance today" for us.