PDA

View Full Version : Marcell Dareus: "Hopefully Rex Is Going To Implement It. There's Nothing We Can Do."

BillsImpossible
10-21-2015, 06:07 PM
What's Rex Ryan going to do? Double down, or listen to his players?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000562049/article/marcell-dareus-hopefully-rex-will-let-us-rush-more

"But when we're dropping, when I'm not out there on third down or just I'm dropping or Kyle is dropping or Mario is dropping or Jerry is dropping .... It's not been a lot of times where there have been all four of us, full tilt, ears pinned back and we're going after it. We haven't had a lot of that this year."

Ed
10-21-2015, 06:11 PM
Probably listen to his players since he agreed with them and admitted that he did a poor job with defensive play calling against the Bengals.

BillsImpossible
10-21-2015, 06:50 PM
Probably listen to his players since he agreed with them and admitted that he did a poor job with defensive play calling against the Bengals.

I'm hoping you are right, but not so sure after watching this:

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Bills-Roundup-First-London-Practice/b4989cfa-5fea-4cd9-97f3-641b120a4450

Rex said, "Should we have rushed more this past week in particular, that's probably true."

I didn't like his body language one bit. He looked like somebody trying to hang on to his favorite Teddy Bear with Marcell Dareus trying to rip it out of his arms.

Mario Williams said, "It's just been something that we have to adjust to more than what we expected as a front 4, we're definitely working on that."

Stay the course, Mario?

BertSquirtgum
10-21-2015, 11:06 PM
Rex Ryan is an idiot. How is it possible that the Bills keep hiring a bigger idiot as a coach than the previous coach? It's like every hire they step up a notch on the stupidity meter.

casdhf
10-22-2015, 11:14 AM
I don't know that I disagree with the theory that he has. If offenses are going to rely on an exclusive short pass game to beat our blitzes, then I suppose the DL dropping a few steps to bat down balls makes sense. It's just not working out that way and needs to be changed.

jamze132
10-22-2015, 12:20 PM
I honestly think with half of our offense out with injury, he'll allow the defense to get after the QB instead of playing on their heels.

Meathead
10-22-2015, 12:31 PM
they really had no choice but to try to adapt. they already had marcia and peytons brother shred them with three yard passes, and they had the soulless bastard coming in on fire. what were they going to do, just let it happen again? and it did seem to be working before the gift from god third down hail mary bomb that somehow found the wr through the maze but actually touched the ground and wasnt a catch but still counted. if that play doesnt happen maybe its an entirely different feel today, maybe we hail rex as a genius, but it did so the *****ing seems like its warranted

regardless, they dont have any vgood qbs coming in until marcia so they likely wont have to do that much if at all for the next few. still, teams are surely gonna try and they need to have an answer for it at some point or they are gonna end up the quarter billion dollar fence post line that stops the run but cant stop first downs from being made anyway. still not sure why just having the linemen maintain passing gaps and get their arms up more consistently wouldnt work but wtf do i know

stuckincincy
10-22-2015, 12:55 PM
they really had no choice but to try to adapt. they already had marcia and peytons brother shred them with three yard passes, and they had the soulless bastard coming in on fire. what were they going to do, just let it happen again? and it did seem to be working before the gift from god third down hail mary bomb that somehow found the wr through the maze but actually touched the ground and wasnt a catch but still counted. if that play doesnt happen maybe its an entirely different feel today, maybe we hail rex as a genius, but it did so the *****ing seems like its warranted

:deadhorse