View Full Version : Tyrod and Sammy out for the JAX game

Skooby
10-22-2015, 06:40 AM
Let's hope they hand the ball off, a lot.

Per NFL Mobile alert.

gr8slayer
10-22-2015, 06:42 AM
I'm okay with that, I want to see Manuel again.

OpIv37
10-22-2015, 06:43 AM
That's great. The world gets to see our preseason squad.

GreedoII
10-22-2015, 06:46 AM

u may be the only one...ugh

feldspar
10-22-2015, 06:50 AM
Kyle Williams, Percy Harvin, Karlos Williams and Seantrel Henderson are all out too.

They put Goodwin on IR.

Skooby
10-22-2015, 06:55 AM

Sadist ?

gebobs
10-22-2015, 06:55 AM
That's great. The world gets to see our preseason squad.

No one will be watching. Literally. Outside of the markets, the game is only on stream. Thanks NFL! I'll enjoy the choppy feed on my 15" laptop screen.

Who would want to watch anyway?

SpikedLemonade
10-22-2015, 07:00 AM
The Bills are favoured by 4 & 1/2, but with all these injuries I don't know if they cover.

k-oneputt
10-22-2015, 07:00 AM
This is another Tennessee type game. They will have to find a way to win ugly again. McCoy needs to come up big. If EJ is playing expect a lot of dump-offs to Shady in the flats. Defense needs at least two turnovers.

If EJ lays another egg they can just leave him there. This will be a tough game with EJ playing and all the injuries.

ghz in pittsburgh
10-22-2015, 07:16 AM
This is another Tennessee type game. They will have to find a way to win ugly again. McCoy needs to come up big. If EJ is playing expect a lot of dump-offs to Shady in the flats. Defense needs at least two turnovers.

If EJ lays another egg they can just leave him there. This will be a tough game with EJ playing and all the injuries.

When did EJ lay an egg this season? He played probably his best game last Sunday in over a year. But that's where he is in his career - not good enough to beat the undefeated Bengals. If he manages to lead the offense to put 21 points on the Jags this Sunday, I guarantee a win.

Skooby
10-22-2015, 07:29 AM
When did EJ lay an egg this season? He played probably his best game last Sunday in over a year. But that's where he is in his career - not good enough to beat the undefeated Bengals. If he manages to lead the offense to put 21 points on the Jags this Sunday, I guarantee a win.

Did all the short and dead man passes put this all together for you ??

djjimkelly
10-22-2015, 07:29 AM
if EJ plays like he did against the bengals in london we will blow out the jags.

is everyone forgetting the bengals are 6-0. and maybe a top 2 or 3 team in the league

there might be more to EJ starting then alot of people think,

OpIv37
10-22-2015, 07:46 AM
No one will be watching. Literally. Outside of the markets, the game is only on stream. Thanks NFL! I'll enjoy the choppy feed on my 15" laptop screen.

I'm a nerd and I know at least 3 different ways to get it on my 50" TV. It'll likely still be choppy though. I hate that the league is making us the gineau pig for their streaming service, but Jax can't even sell out home games and the Bills haven't been competitive in 15 years, so i understand why they chose this game for the experiment. Jax fans don't show up anyway and Bills fans kept coming even after 6 years of selling home games to Toronto, so if they **** it up, it'll be the least amount of backlash.

ghz in pittsburgh
10-22-2015, 07:46 AM
Did all the short and dead man passes put this all together for you ??

How many short and dead man passes in that game? You tell me. I don't want general statements, give me exact number. And then compare against the league? How many QBs are on point, precise on every throw? May be 5.

I learned to manage my expectations. Treat EJ like a 3rd pick he probably should be, and you can't even expect 1st round QB to be like Rogers.

Albany,n.y.
10-22-2015, 07:57 AM
Sadist ?

No-masochist. A sadist would want to inflict the pain of watching EJ on others. A masochist wants to experience the pain of watching EJ for himself.

Skooby
10-22-2015, 08:00 AM
No-masochist. A sadist would want to inflict the pain of watching EJ on others. A masochist wants to experience the pain of watching EJ for himself.

Word, eye-bleeding pain.

- - - Updated - - -

How many short and dead man passes in that game? You tell me. I don't want general statements, give me exact number. And then compare against the league? How many QBs are on point, precise on every throw? May be 5.

I learned to manage my expectations. Treat EJ like a 3rd pick he probably should be, and you can't even expect 1st round QB to be like Rogers.

Including passes behind or over the WR, I'll go with 9.

gebobs
10-22-2015, 08:04 AM

I think EJ might have had a half dozen passes close to target. A blind squirrel and his nuts. No one needs to go to stats to see that he's awful. It's plain to see. He's a backup and not a good backup.

ghz in pittsburgh
10-22-2015, 08:07 AM
I do, however, worry about the Marrone fact. Marrone and Hackett know the personnel, especially EJ's weakness. So this is a tougher game than expected.

I firmly believe last year the Bills swept the NFCN due in large part to us having Schwartz on staff. That game in Detroit where we hold their offense to literally 7 points (the other 7 is pick 6 from Orton), Schwartz was carried off the field because he's large input on the game planning.

gebobs
10-22-2015, 08:13 AM
I'm a nerd and I know at least 3 different ways to get it on my 50" TV.
It's sad, but I've reached that point in my life where technology is starting to move beyond me. In 10 years, my nephews and nieces will be screening my calls asking for help getting my holodeck to work.

So...do I need any special equipment to do this?

i understand why they chose this game for the experiment.

Yeah. *sigh* Imagine the collective uproar if they switched away from Heidi to show the game. :-)

Skooby
10-22-2015, 08:23 AM
It's sad, but I've reached that point in my life where technology is starting to move beyond me. In 10 years, my nephews and nieces will be screening my calls asking for help getting my holodeck to work.

Yeah. *sigh* Imagine the collective uproar if they switched away from Heidi to show the game. :-)

Heidi was going to sing, you can't cross that S-up.

k-oneputt
10-22-2015, 08:49 AM
I can't believe there are Bills fans who actually thought EJ played well last week against Cincy.

Nothing I can do for your problem. Carry on.

OpIv37
10-22-2015, 08:50 AM

The simplest way: most laptops have an HDMI out. Just hook it to the TV with an HDMI cable. You may have to hold down the FN key and hit whatever button toggles the monitor output (it varies by manufacturer).

If you have an Apple TV, I think you can watch it right through the Yahoo app, or you can download the app to an iPad or iPhone and watch on the screen through AirPlay Mirroring.

I think I can watch through the PS4 too but I just got it and haven't had much time to play around with it.

ghz in pittsburgh
10-22-2015, 09:00 AM
I can't believe there are Bills fans who actually thought EJ played well last week against Cincy.

Based on what you mean by played well. If you expect him to play well so that we win, then he's not. If you judge by his past performance, then yes.

Personally I have no doubt Tyrod is a better player than EJ right now, but I fell comfortable saying Tyrod played poorly in the Titans game. Miami blew the same team out from the start.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-22-2015, 10:10 AM
The simplest way: most laptops have an HDMI out. Just hook it to the TV with an HDMI cable. You may have to hold down the FN key and hit whatever button toggles the monitor output (it varies by manufacturer).

If you have an Apple TV, I think you can watch it right through the Yahoo app, or you can download the app to an iPad or iPhone and watch on the screen through AirPlay Mirroring.

I think I can watch through the PS4 too but I just got it and haven't had much time to play around with it.

Here's all the places it is streaming: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/sports-news/SLN26708.html?impressions=true

Unfortunately PS4 isn't on there, but XBox is. Probably due to the Microsoft deal with the NFL.

swiper
10-22-2015, 11:09 AM

America is either sleeping, eating breakfast or at church at that time. No one, outside of us, will care to dial in to YAHOO!

IlluminatusUIUC
10-22-2015, 11:14 AM
America is either sleeping, eating breakfast or at church at that time. No one, outside of us, will care to dial in to YAHOO!

You forgot degenerate gamblers. They'll be watching.

Victor7
10-22-2015, 12:01 PM
I can't understand how there are people that think EJ player well. He was atrocious.

Don't forget the Marrone factor. He's probably on the floor laughing with the Jacksonville defensive coaches telling them how easy he is to stop.

With our DLine under performing and EJ starting there is a very good chance we drop this game. I can't believe it. It was the ONE game I was sure we would win. I wanted us to destroy Marrone's OL. Who the **** knows now.

This ****ing cursed team.

jamze132
10-22-2015, 01:21 PM
So you're telling me I can't watch the game on DirecTVs NFL Ticket?

OpIv37
10-22-2015, 01:26 PM
So you're telling me I can't watch the game on DirecTVs NFL Ticket?

Nope. I'm in the same situation. We have to stream it despite having Sunday ticket.

Meathead
10-22-2015, 01:37 PM
lol. ej was not atrocious thats silly. he was average for a nfl starter, C or at worst C- for the day. not good enough to beat a good team by himself but good enough if the rest of the team had played well which they didnt

so look at it any way you want, he was adequate and thats a hell of a lot better than when we saw him last. its also just not even close to atrocious. and theres certainly no way he was any worse than what youd get from matt freakin cassel

stuckincincy
10-22-2015, 01:39 PM
Nope. I'm in the same situation. We have to stream it despite having Sunday ticket.

I believe Yahoo still uses Flash Player, so beware...

Meathead
10-22-2015, 01:42 PM
cant we just kill flash already? i dont even let my computers upgrade flash anymore bc eventually it makes ѕhit go all wonky

thank dog we wnyers get to see it on the teevee box

OpIv37
10-22-2015, 01:45 PM
I believe Yahoo still uses Flash Player, so beware...

Ill be using Apple TV either directly or through AirPlay Mirroring if I can't get the direct app to work so it won't be an issue. Thanks for the warning though.

stuckincincy
10-22-2015, 01:48 PM
Ill be using Apple TV either directly or through AirPlay Mirroring if I can't get the direct app to work so it won't be an issue. Thanks for the warning though.

Just to add to the fun, there's (yet) another Java update, dated 10/20/15.

Mr. Miyagi
10-22-2015, 03:00 PM
We're going to lose to the lowly Jaguars, with the world watching. This is almost rock bottom.

http://www.forexfactory.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1757517&stc=1&d=1442811207

djjimkelly
10-22-2015, 03:57 PM
We're going to lose to the lowly Jaguars, with the world watching. This is almost rock bottom.

http://www.forexfactory.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1757517&stc=1&d=1442811207

we are not gonna lose

sudzy
10-22-2015, 04:24 PM

I'd rather see Josh Johnson

stuckincincy
10-22-2015, 05:01 PM

I watched him play in preseason in his 2nd breeze-through with CIN. You don't want to see him under center.

swiper
10-22-2015, 05:04 PM
if EJ plays like he did against the bengals in london we will blow out the jags.

is everyone forgetting the bengals are 6-0. and maybe a top 2 or 3 team in the league

there might be more to EJ starting then alot of people think,

You're an idiot. Paul Pozluszny is gonna rub Manuel's face in the turf. And I'm going to cheer the entire event.

swiper
10-22-2015, 05:05 PM

And you might just get to do that.

swiper
10-22-2015, 05:12 PM
I watched him play in preseason in his 2nd breeze-through with CIN. You don't want to see him under center.

According to reports, the reason they signed him (obviously for need) was that he knew Roman's offense and had a passport so he could go to London.

swiper
10-22-2015, 05:15 PM

gebobs
10-22-2015, 08:24 PM
we are not gonna lose

I admire your confidence. Don't feel it, but you're probably right. The Jagoffs are awful.

Famous Amos
10-23-2015, 04:10 AM

If your laptop has a HDMI port, buy a HDMI cable and plug that into your flat screen tv. Then it is just a matter of changing your input options on your remote from tv to HDMI.

kishoph
10-23-2015, 06:00 AM
lol. ej was not atrocious thats silly. he was average for a nfl starter, C or at worst C- for the day. not good enough to beat a good team by himself but good enough if the rest of the team had played well which they didnt

so look at it any way you want, he was adequate and thats a hell of a lot better than when we saw him last. its also just not even close to atrocious. and theres certainly no way he was any worse than what youd get from matt freakin cassel

It's really beyond silly, Manuel faced a team that gave up an average of 20 points a game, facing Rivers, Flacco, Alex Smith and Russell Wilson (Bills scored 21), he led the offense to it's 2nd highest amount of 1st downs this season, along with the 2nd highest 3rd down conversion rate and the 2nd highest amount of 1st downs by pass. The only game where those 1st down stats were higher was against the Dolphins. He also completed 66% of his passes for over 260 yds. with a TD pass and a TD rushing, this after not playing in a game that counts in over a year. Because receivers had to reach for a couple of balls, people say he was atrocious, maybe they need to watch the game from the previous week against the lowly Titans with the same critical eye that they use for Manuel. People should be glad that we have someone to come in when Taylor gets injured that can put up that kind of game, instead of bashing everything he does. Bashing EJ Manuel will not make Tyrod Taylor or the Bills better, so maybe for all these people that are hoping and rooting for Manuel to fail Sunday, they should try rooting for him instead.

Meathead
10-23-2015, 06:15 AM
agreed. many sports fans are like the canary in the coalmine for evidence that ppl are fkd in the head sometimes. kinda like political forums

Victor7
10-23-2015, 10:01 AM
It's really beyond silly, Manuel faced a team that gave up an average of 20 points a game, facing Rivers, Flacco, Alex Smith and Russell Wilson (Bills scored 21), he led the offense to it's 2nd highest amount of 1st downs this season, along with the 2nd highest 3rd down conversion rate and the 2nd highest amount of 1st downs by pass. The only game where those 1st down stats were higher was against the Dolphins. He also completed 66% of his passes for over 260 yds. with a TD pass and a TD rushing, this after not playing in a game that counts in over a year. Because receivers had to reach for a couple of balls, people say he was atrocious, maybe they need to watch the game from the previous week against the lowly Titans with the same critical eye that they use for Manuel. People should be glad that we have someone to come in when Taylor gets injured that can put up that kind of game, instead of bashing everything he does. Bashing EJ Manuel will not make Tyrod Taylor or the Bills better, so maybe for all these people that are hoping and rooting for Manuel to fail Sunday, they should try rooting for him instead.

A looot of those stats you are quoting happened in garbage time. 120+ of the yards alone did. Along with that came those 1st downs and conversions you EJ homers love to throw out there. But just as EJ's passes. Very inaccurate.

Watch the games, not the stat sheet. EJ is awful. A horrendous QB.

kishoph
10-23-2015, 11:50 AM
A looot of those stats you are quoting happened in garbage time. 120+ of the yards alone did. Along with that came those 1st downs and conversions you EJ homers love to throw out there. But just as EJ's passes. Very inaccurate.

So 10:40 left in the 4th quarter is garbage time ? Bills only had 2 drives in the 4th quarter, the last one, in "garbage time" gained 2 first downs and not one 3rd down conversion, not really a loot but keep trying.
I
ll admit I am a homer, a Bills homer and that's a hell of a lot better than being a hater for any player that plays for the Bills.

Bill Cody
10-23-2015, 12:21 PM

One stat I'm kind of partial to is points. 21 against that D is neither "awful" nor "horrendous", that was the Giants game. You score 21 you'll win some and lose some. You give up 34? You're going to lose most. That loss was on Rex and his massively underperforming defense. EJ? He was mediocre but he hasn't started in a year.

Victor7
10-23-2015, 12:37 PM
So 10:40 left in the 4th quarter is garbage time ? Bills only had 2 drives in the 4th quarter, the last one, in "garbage time" gained 2 first downs and not one 3rd down conversion, not really a loot but keep trying.
I
ll admit I am a homer, a Bills homer and that's a hell of a lot better than being a hater for any player that plays for the Bills.

When the Bills took over for their 1st drive in the 4th they were down 17 points having scored only 14 through 3 quarters. So yeah garbage time indeed.

111 of his 263 yards came after this. That's 42%. He had 152 prior.

We gained 7 first downs of our 22 total as well. That's 32%

And of those 7 first downs 6 were passing. Our total first downs passing for the game? 13. So yeah he had 46% of them in garbage time

I could go on. But I think I proved my point. Good luck next time.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015101804/2015/REG6/bengals@bills#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000560145&tab=analyze&recap=fullstory&analyze=boxscore

Victor7
10-23-2015, 12:41 PM
One stat I'm kind of partial to is points. 21 against that D is neither "awful" nor "horrendous", that was the Giants game. You score 21 you'll win some and lose some. You give up 34? You're going to lose most. That loss was on Rex and his massively underperforming defense. EJ? He was mediocre but he hasn't started in a year.

Rex D's indeed played a horrendous game. I'm not gonna disagree. But its not that simple. Field position, TOP, 3 and outs all that counts and the offense influences that.

Not defending our defense. They were pathetic. But EJ and the offense share their fair blame for the game as well.

Mr. Pink
10-23-2015, 12:51 PM

LMAO

Where did you think Tyrod Taylor piled on his stats? Garbage time. Look at the Pats game, when the game was still a contest Tyrod was throwing INTs. The Pats got a comfortable lead and let him get 2 scoring drives then the game was again back in contention, what happens, Tyrod throws an INT. I'll wait for blaming Sammy Watkins for it though.

How about that Giant game? It was 16-3 before Tyrod got a TD up on the board.

Did you watch the Tyrod led games? I know you say you're not a Tyrod fanboy but Manuel certainly isn't any worse and the offense doesn't look any different between either of them behind center.

Now if you admit Tyrod is just as much garbage as Manuel, I'll stop harping on your posts when you bring up asinine points to fit an agenda.

Victor7
10-23-2015, 01:08 PM
LMAO

Where did you think Tyrod Taylor piled on his stats? Garbage time. Look at the Pats game, when the game was still a contest Tyrod was throwing INTs. The Pats got a comfortable lead and let him get 2 scoring drives then the game was again back in contention, what happens, Tyrod throws an INT. I'll wait for blaming Sammy Watkins for it though.

How about that Giant game? It was 16-3 before Tyrod got a TD up on the board.

Did you watch the Tyrod led games? I know you say you're not a Tyrod fanboy but Manuel certainly isn't any worse and the offense doesn't look any different between either of them behind center.

Now if you admit Tyrod is just as much garbage as Manuel, I'll stop harping on your posts when you bring up asinine points to fit an agenda.

Again .... what does Taylor have to do with anything ??

EJ sucks irregardless of what Taylor does or doesn't do.

I am not a Taylor fan. Have so said in numerous threads.

Take a reading and comprehension lesson pink guy

sudzy
10-24-2015, 05:47 AM
And you might just get to do that.

No chance of that. This is what I see happening at halftime. Rex, " Man, EJ really sucks. I'm benching him for Josh Johnson." Whaley, " You can't. I just traded Johnson to the London Monarchs for tea and crumpets."

Novacane
10-24-2015, 06:41 AM

Nothing I can do for your problem. Carry on.

He had a good fantasy week!!!!!

Victor7
10-25-2015, 08:26 AM
Sup Mr. Pink ??

You take off your EJ pajamas yet ?